3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexander Evgenievich 07.01.21 07:15 pm

Strong and optimal group / party for passing (Divinity: Original Sin 2)

And it's true that it is worth collecting a group in such a way that the group can deal one of two types of damage, because there are two defenses, and if we have an imbalance, it turns out that we will kill enemies longer. What can you say about this? Maybe you will advise some group from yourself for passing ...
16 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wise Owl 07.01.21

Alexander Evgenievich
The game is much easier, when the whole party is hammering on one defense, it goes without saying. Normal groups of mobs will fall from a mixed party (for example, 2 physical and 2 magicians), just for a long time. And in the first stages, one of your associates will die. Bosses from such a party will cause some serious problems.
The last times I did it myself, either purely solo or with two lone wolves, so as not to run into micromanagement. Damage was enough for the eyes.
Take magicians - do the same. Earth + fire or water + lightning. So that the combinations do not contradict each other. It's easier with physicists - you can do anything. The invisible crossbowman is your best friend. An opportunistic spearman too. In general, each party member must learn a couple of jumps for retreat and invisibility - mas hev. And pump up perception.

A
Alexander Evgenievich 07.01.21

Wise Owl
Thanks for the answer. I have some more questions for you.
1. The Black Cat was killed in my Battle. Is it critical? This will greatly complicate the game and have I lost a lot of experience because of this?
2. Do I understand correctly that there are several ways out of the first city? For example, you can sail on a Boat, or you can slip through the Sewer. Does it make a difference how to leave the City?
3. When I leave the city, is it possible to kill all the guards? Can you also kill the dumb Persians in the Fort of Joy (do not talk to any of them) or will there be quests from them later?

W
Wise Owl 07.01.21

Alexander Evgenievich
The loss of a cat is not very critical. The cat after itself only gives the skill "jump" and "swap places with the owner." Useful for quickly retreating or jumping somewhere.
Escaping the Fort does not matter how. Experience is given in the same way. Simply, if you then return to the fortress to finish some quests, etc. the masters will be hostile. I recommend that you do your best in the fort first, and then just leave.
You will never return to Joy. You can kill anyone for additional experience. Unless you leave Saheila alive, she will be needed according to the plot. Better to do the cleanup just before leaving the island (there will be a notification about the "point of no return"). Also in the following locations. Some plot characters will join you on their own, the rest will be for God)

A

Wise Owl Thanks for the help.
1. What is the best party to collect with an emphasis on physical damage? But you say, well, the guides in general say that you need to focus your party on one type of damage ... But suddenly, there will be enemies who do not care about physical. damage, then what to do? Is it possible to somehow make the main focus and priority of the party on physical damage, but also have the ability to inflict magic damage?
2. There will be an opportunity to rebuild your characters in the future, because I am not very experienced in the game and, for obvious reasons, I can not pump quite correctly?

ps I started playing a warrior with a shield. I was only at the initial stage of the game, only now I took the first Companion (dragon red), he is also a Warrior. And how next what to do to maximize the profit from the partners, I xs ...

W
Wise Owl 07.01.21

Alexander Evgenievich
For all the questions I can say one thing: after the first act, you will have the opportunity to change the appearance / characteristics / parameters of your characters, also hire new ones or get rid of old ones. At any moment of the game from a physicist to a magician. Just learn all skills (or save for future), don't sell. How you want to shovel your character - you will already have the necessary set of skills.
I don't remember that someone had resistance to physical damage. That's another matter for magic, for many. Examine opponents to know which element to beat.
Runes can be inserted into weapons, this is one of the ways to inflict, in addition to physical, elemental damage. Or some skills make it possible to "lubricate" the weapon with a certain element. There are a bunch of arrows with magician damage or bombs or scrolls, there are a lot of opportunities to be multipath - the main thing is not to be afraid to experiment)

Just look at what the weapons and skills scale from. And in time you will figure everything out. Shield / two-handed - to maximize strength and military affairs, archers / duelists / spearmen - dexterity and military affairs, magicians - intellect and the corresponding elementary school. And to absolutely everyone to swing perception.
For a physical party of 4, I would take a tank with a shield, a spearman and a couple of crossbowmen. Of the two, only the crossbowman and the spearman.

A

Wise Owl
Greetings. Let me ask you another question, because I see that you are well versed in the game ...
In general, I started to pass, I got myself three companions.
And now I'm wondering ... So I ran with my companions and I and my companions level 6. But for example, if I want to take another companion for myself with a different specialization, then it turns out that this (new) companion will be weaker than my level and my other companions? How will his glasses be disbanded if he is the same level as me?

W
Wise Owl 07.01.21

Alexander Evgenievich
After all, I've played 600+ hours))
Any new invited ally gets your level. And he distributes his characteristics himself, depending on what specialization you have chosen for him. By the way, there is a mod for the Mirror in Fort Joy in the bags with gifts from the developers. If you turn it on, then where the arena can redistribute all the characteristics. Just keep in mind that achievements in due to mods are disabled (if they are important to you: D).

A

Wise Owl
Yes, I know about gifts, but did not use them)
But if I create a character without a story, what do I lose? Do I understand correctly that I will not have quests for this character and I will lose in experience? Well, then what is the point of taking such a character? (apparently there is a finer setting of the character, for example, you can add your own Tags for communication)

A

Wise Owl
Wouldn't Mod be able to distribute the characteristics of the companions without this? Or rather I can, but apparently it will be further, on the Ship ...

W
Wise Owl 07.01.21

Alexander Evgenievich
Without mod you can, but later.
Yes, a no-name without history differs only in its tags and an innate pair of skills. There will be no additional experience and personal options for answers in dialogues. This is just how the variations are suggested. For example, you want to play as an elf (but you don't like Sybil), but you also don't want to die from accidentally teleporting you into the fog of death. So you create an elf skeleton)) In addition, you can also chew flesh)

W
Wise Owl 07.01.21

Alexander Evgenievich
In general, undead are very versatile. They know how to open locks without master keys, do not die from the fog of death and are healed from poison. And they don't bleed yet, tk. no flesh.

F
FallOut0877 27.01.21

Wise Owl
Well, it's debatable, if you have 4 identical magicians, against whose spells the enemies have immunity, then it will hardly be easy.

F
FallOut0877 27.01.21

Wise Owl
In principle, 3 party members were focused on physical damage, but each could bring some magical damage, and there was a very strong procaster-fein, to whom I only pumped some magician branches, so that he would give out an impact in the batch

N
Nomen ipsum 03.01.22

Wise Owl wrote:
And pump up perception.
I listened to you and could not understand why I snatched away from all and sundry. And then it dawned on me that the initiative in this game, in principle, does not make sense, and crits fly out without a pumped-in perception. So the perception here can only be an archer and it is necessary to dig chests ala.

d
dmitrians1998 31.01.22

Wise Owl
I DON'T AGREE, how did you play 600 hours like that and say that story characters are not important??
story Persians have their own storylines for which they individually gain experience, this is not critical, but it is. Plus, you lose a lot of lore from the plot if you take non-story Persians, so I highly recommend not taking non-story Persians for the first playthrough.

about the experience of the story Persians, as proof, you can just take a sibyl and see - her quests along the line start right in the fort and she will already be ahead of everyone in level at the beginning (not much, but she will)

d
dmitrians1998 31.01.22

a strong party is physicists, especially on high difficulty, because almost everyone has resistance to magic, but no one has resistance to physical damage, except for a couple of bosses, and even that is insignificant (but magicians can really suck from Persians, who can be not only immune, but they will also be treated for their spells)

But, it’s boring to play stupidly with a physical party ... it’s the same with wolves - they break the game even in solo ... so it turns out that it’s optimal to play a physical party, but it’s more interesting to play a mixed one.