3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PapunLapatun 07.01.21 07:34 pm

Strange jumps in the temperature of the i9 10900KF processor in idle

Guys, there is a question about the processor. I assembled a computer on the new i9 10900KF, installed Aorus 360 water cooling + 4 more fans on the case.
The processor at idle shows a temperature of 31-34 degrees, but sometimes (about 2 times a minute) the temperature jumps to 45-50 degrees literally for a second and returns to 31-34 degrees.
Since I'm new to assembling a computer, I can't understand if this is normal, or should I call the master?
And another question
The processor works constantly at a high frequency of 4.4-4.9. It doesn't matter if he is just standing or playing a game.
Help please, I am very worried about this!
11 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marsj 07.01.21

This is the processor. What can you expect from a processor that heats up to 92-93 degrees even at nominal frequencies (if the consumption limits are canceled) with an allowable maximum of 100?

H
Hellhound_Anger 07.01.21

PapunLapatun
is normik it! jumps are caused by some kind of background programs. I'm still rolling it on, I get around the air and the same thing happens. browser there, al antivirus, messenger il mail in the background. shorter loads and truncates. you need to look at the dispatcher, sort by load. It's just generally chic and shiny tempra! 40-50 finally a fairy tale.
And do not hear anyone, with the processor everything is a bunch! The software is naughty!

V
VETER15 07.01.21

PapunLapatun
So, I will leave the wizard out of work:
- reset the BIOS settings, set automatically the standard settings (due to the fact that it constantly works at 4, although 3.7 should work in idle time)
- the fans hang around the case, it does not mean that they give the correct exhaust

P
PapunLapatun 07.01.21

Thank you guys very much for your answers! I further sorted out a bit, namely, that these jumps were only at the moment when the processor was working in Turbo Boost mode, which allowed it to accelerate to 5.1 GHz! I turned off the Turbo boost and the percentage works in the mode from 3 to 3.7 GHz and the temperature has never jumped above 40 in idle mode. In games, of course, from 45 to 60, depending on what kind of game

P
PapunLapatun 07.01.21

Accordingly, another question arising from the previous topic appeared)
Is it possible to leave Turbo Boost always on? Doesn't such frequency spoil the processor and its cores?
Sorry if the questions are stupid, I repeat, I'm new to this business from the word at all) and the last PC I bought in the year was 2010)
Thank you!)

w
winni madison 07.01.21

PapunLapatun
Don't worry it's his job

S
SPR1GGAN 07.01.21

PapunLapatun
are not physical processes that can wear off, wear out, or what else

just electricity goes to the desired element, it can only suffer with prolonged exposure to high temperatures, and then if these are reached, the system goes into protection and cuts down the PC

so that it works at locked values, without exceeding temperatures as a result of an increase in voltage, not how it will not affect iron

S
SPR1GGAN 07.01.21

about the jumps,
I xs how the pumps work, but there can be the same laughter as the turntables in modern vidyashki,
for example, when the temperature is 40-50 degrees, the pump does not pump, and when it passes the required limit, it turns on
and it works in jumps, the pump turned on, the circuit cooled and then in 2 minutes it warmed up again in idle
mode, set it to constant work at minimum speed or set the work curve manually, if there is such an opportunity

P
PapunLapatun 07.01.21

SPR1GGAN By the
way, I thought that the dropsy cools down to 34 percent, it heats up a little and the pump starts to cool more and it turns out a vicious circle. Thank you very much for your reply :)

P
PapunLapatun 07.01.21

Hellhound_Anger
I get it) thanks a lot for the answer)

V
VETER15 11.01.21

nothing lasts forever, you can extend the work using the standard settings. Except for force majeure (lightning strike directly into the system unit).
It is advisable to use more powerful hardware so as not to play with overclocking. This is from my personal experience, but everyone will have his own way.