3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PaXa_ 11.01.21 11:26 am

How do I normalize my modem speed?

Good day, Comrades. I have a free mts modem and, therefore, a low speed. But, meanwhile, I will say that before it was not like that, rather the modem is just too old.
So that's it. I noticed that as soon as I start downloading something in the torrent, the speed increases and goes to a completely normal level. But as soon as I pause, the speed instantly drops to zero. I recently downloaded NFS 2015, but there is no speed for playing on the network at all (because there is constant online). But it is there when downloading from a torrent. Can it be possible to do something with NSF? That is, as soon as I enter it, the speed will be, but as soon as I leave it will not? Can redirect somehow. I'm not strong in computers, so I'm waiting for your advice and explanations)
4 Comments
Sort by:
P
PaXa_ 11.01.21

Peck-Peck
Shit Board

O
Omega 11.01.21

PaXa_ wrote:
I noticed that as soon as I start downloading something in the torrent, the speed increases and goes to a completely normal level. But as soon as I pause, the speed instantly drops to zero.
You paused uploading, why shouldn't the speed drop?

g
gmh4589 11.01.21

PaXa_
I had a similar contraption before, only from Megaphone. And I also noticed that when downloading something from the Internet, the speed increased. And here's what I did if I needed at least some more or less normal speed: put something on the download, and limit the download speed to 10-20 kbps. At the same time, it was possible to use the Internet quite tolerably. True, I did not try to play online games at the same time, but, in theory, it should work. These modems seem to have problems connecting and maintaining a connection. If something is downloaded, then the connection is stable, if not, it is interrupted.

OMEGA
I think it was not the download speed that was meant, but the speed of the modem itself.

P
PaXa_ 11.01.21

OMEGA
But there is no speed during the game. At all