3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gendalf-golkiper 11.01.21 11:26 am

Help me decide on a motherboard for i7 6700k for overclocking

I cannot decide on a motherboard for i7 6700k, which still would have a good margin for overclocking the processor and video card. All motherboards are approximately one price, the difference in price is minimal. Here is the list:
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
- Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
- Asus Z170-A
- Asus Z170I Pro Gaming
Asus Maximus VIII Ranger stands out for their price, but what advantage does it have in I don't know about the overclocking potential.

I do not plan to use SLI.
And yes, I will take the case DeepCool Kendomen TI, so I need support for 5 fans in the motherboard.
4 Comments
Sort by:
b
bloomm 11.01.21

All z 170s take the same frequency, why are you going to drive there with a boost to 4.2, which is above the roof for all games.

d
dobro4insky 11.01.21

What does it matter to you why he needs overclocking .... ??? Some patients, he asks, so you need ... [Review of ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING. Best Mid-Range Motherboard - Mega Obzor]: Look! http://megaobzor.com/review-ASUS-Z170-PRO-GAMING.html

G
Gendalf-golkiper 11.01.21

I looked through the reviews, indeed, the peak frequency for all motherboards is 4.7 GHz. Probably, I will take the asus about gaming or the A-version, tk. 5 fans can be connected to them, and not 3 like in Gigabytes.

m
matrix388017 11.01.21

Take Asus Maximus VIII Hero