3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RazD0R 13.01.21 10:51 am

FPS Sag (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Good to all! Something got bored, I decided to run in Skyrim. I rolled at once with all of the DLCs. I downloaded several mods from nexusmods, mainly changing the textures of the world and characters (textures of the world 2Kshnye, textures of bodies 4Kshnye). The hardware is far from weird: amd fx-8350, 16gb ram, msi GeForce 750ti 1gb, windows 7 x64 (on ssd disk, swap is off). Skse and enb are bolted to skyrim. In the enb settings, vram 4096mb is set. Looking ahead, I want to say that in the same fallout 4 with enb and the same parameter, there are no problems with FPS drop at all, i.e. absolutely. In the city and indoors, the FPS is kept at a stable 40 - 70 fps. What happens to Skye - I go into the game. I play for about 2 - 5 minutes. For example - it was loaded at the moment when the first dragon had already crashed and everyone was shouting "WAAUU, YOU ARE FOOL!". Run to Whiterun, get the title Literally 2 or 3 minutes have passed and bam, fps starts to melt right in front of your eyes. From 60 - 70 fps falls to 25, then 20, then 16, then 10, then 6-7. I close the toy, start it on a new one, again it is normal, although the initial FPS is not 70, but 40. Then even restarting the game does not save, only restarting the computer. The feeling that Skyrim is devouring memory without returning it. Although the task manager says that the skse process is closed, like skyrim.exe. It seemed to me that the memory does not increase after each launch. There is a suspicion that the disabling of the system's swap is to blame, but on the other hand, other games, including foul4, do not suffer from this problem at all. Where to drip? although the initial FPS is not 70, but 40. Then even restarting the game does not save, only restarting the computer. The feeling that Skyrim is devouring memory without returning it. Although the task manager says that the skse process is closed, like skyrim.exe. It seemed to me that the memory does not increase after each launch. There is a suspicion that the disabling of the system's swap is to blame, but on the other hand, other games, including foul4, do not suffer from this problem at all. Where to drip? although the initial FPS is not 70, but 40. Then even restarting the game does not save, only restarting the computer. The feeling that Skyrim is devouring memory without returning it. Although the task manager says that the skse process is closed, like skyrim.exe. It seemed to me that the memory does not increase after each launch. There is a suspicion that the disabling of the system's swap is to blame, but on the other hand, other games, including foul4, do not suffer from this problem at all. Where to drip? other games, including foul4, do not suffer from this problem at all. Where to drip? other games, including foul4, do not suffer from this problem at all. Where to drip?
27 Comments
Sort by:
N
Niikas2011 13.01.21

The video memory for the campaign is clogged and is not unloaded.

G
GlukoHedgehog 13.01.21

RazD0R wrote:
Where to drip?
The game engine from the Gazebo is so arranged through the ass! The game starts to dull over time, because the memory gets clogged and that's it!
since you have a bunch of textures - try digging in this direction;

Skyrim - Memory Cleaner
Comprehensive mod optimizer for

skyrim google by name - find

A
Alexey Sekretov 13.01.21

everything is clear with the pukari

G
GG4 13.01.21

RazD0R
The game is buggy and not optimized. And it's not worth it, the plot takes 4 hours, then delete it.

G
GlukoHedgehog 13.01.21

Alexey Sekretov be
quiet! Let me remember my youth - when I fumbled, I also struggled with this misfortune. The kid needs help!

R
RazD0R 13.01.21

I went through it at the time of the exit. Sharik not only on the plot, but also around the world. But not everywhere. And then he ran to the Dark Messiah and realized that something was missing, magic, swords, something else. I remembered about Scarim. It seems like nothing, according to old memory, but these lags are beaten out. Even Foul4 with his stupidity is going great for me, mostly. And here, the game is older, but the blues are stronger.

Skyrim - Memory Cleaner. The description says that the utility is for owners of machines with less than 8GB of memory. I have 16GB. Will she help?

I'm trying to download from Playground, antivirus screams that it's a Trojan ...

G
GlukoHedgehog 13.01.21

RazD0R wrote:
Will she help?
Honestly I do not know! In the Gazebo, the Indians make games - everything is through the backside. Maybe it will help.
But in your case, it's better to try texture optimization to make a Comprehensive Mod Optimizer for Skyrim - a good thing! When there are a lot of textures (especially 4k!)

RazD0R wrote:
I'm trying to download from Playground, the antivirus screams that this is a Trojan ... look
on other sites - there may be a newer version

T
TTG 13.01.21

Insufficient video memory. All.

R
RazD0R 13.01.21

it is better to try to optimize the textures
because I have 2k textures and pulled them, that the native textures are soapy. It is better not to touch or shred textures. The point is then to shove hd textures. to then "optimize" them?

Insufficient video memory. That's it ..
yes, the video memory is only 1GB. But that's why I use enb to cheat the game, supposedly it costs 4giga. For some reason, in Fallout, there is no problem with this, but there I generally drive 4k textures.

G
GlukoHedgehog 13.01.21

RazD0R wrote:
The point is then to shove hd textures. to then "optimize" them?
you google by name Complex optimizer of mods for skyrim
read it - you will understand everything! What for. There, the quality of textures remains, but the size is reduced and everything is packed into archives - the game with high quality and the number of textures stops lagging! The meaning is something like this.
In general, Skyrim should fly on your computer!

T
TTG 13.01.21

RazD0R
Change the body replayer to the 2k version and see the difference.

R
RazD0R 13.01.21

Twisted Tesla Gigafactory wrote:
Change body replayer to 2k version and see the difference.
I have a cbbe hdt replayer for female bodies and for men (the male hero) is also worth some, I don't remember. I used 4K textures for women, etc.

Gluk7469 wrote:
In general, Skyrim should fly on your computer!
here I am about the same. As I said, the game starts perfectly, there are no brakes, and in a couple of minutes the FPS just begins to melt before our eyes, and the OPA, already 7fps suddenly.

R
RazD0R 13.01.21

Gluk7469 wrote:
There the quality of textures remains, but the size is reduced
In the manual it is said that it applies texture reduction. If the texture was 2k, it will become 1k. and why should I? Even the models themselves are cracked too. Those. degrades the quality.

G
GlukoHedgehog 13.01.21

RazD0R wrote:
and why do I need it?
do you have any other options? try them. I'm not forcing you. Pumped up tons of textures and want to play Skyrim without lags? Oh well.

ps don't touch the model! I do not advise. just do the textures. You really won't notice the difference with your eye - believe me! And the increase in fps is decent.

RazD0R wrote: if the
texture was 2k, it will become 1k
because stupid modders blow up bitmaps in textures! People think that the more the texture weighs, the better the quality - and they do! In fact, this is not the case. The program simply adjusts the textures to the normal format for the game. The quality does not suffer.

R
RazD0R 13.01.21

Gluk7469 wrote: I
pumped up tons of textures and you want it without lags
. not tons. the archive from the nexus with the textures of the world weighs about 500 meters, and even less for bodies. A heavier foul with more textures and higher resolution works fine. Of course, I suspect that the developers cut the jamb and fixed it when the folich was done ...

Gluk7469 wrote:
The quality does not suffer.
in fact, I have already discovered for myself a long time ago that textures with a resolution of 1k look much worse than 2k. it's not just a stupid size of the stock texture with some interpolation. here the texture will be just blurry. in the pack the textures are converted. manually, if you go through the textures and compare them with the stock ones, then there is nothing in common between them, except for the transmitted essence (such as earth, wood, stone, etc.). Skye's stock textures already have a size of 1024x1024, it's just soapy squalor. Rare textures are larger in stock. The packs are released because the Kasaruki are developed, they stuff soaps into the archives and are happy to try. And the modders fix it later. Between 2k and 4k here, yes, with a game resolution of 1920 x 1080, we can say that the difference is minimal, and in some places is not noticeable. But between 1k and 2k, the difference is already obvious.
However, I will try out the options at home in the evening by making copies.

G
GlukoHedgehog 13.01.21

RazD0R wrote: Skye stock
textures
Do not compare with stock textures ! I'm not talking about standard soap textures. God forbid!
The textures have 2 files .dds texture itself and a normal map (volume). The program does not compress the textures themselves, but only cuts them to the desired size for the game, and then if necessary (or maybe it presses;), you will find the difference and get a gingerbread)! But it compresses the normals! Because it’s nefig! Something like this.
PS, of course, I would like to see how you will compare the normal maps or whatever they are called (I forgot already);))

RazD0R wrote: the
archive from the nexus with the textures of the world weighs about 500 meters
, my mods weighed 15 gigs)

R
RazD0R 13.01.21

Gluk7469 wrote:
the .dds texture itself and the normal map (volume).
and how do you think the normal map differs from the usual texture? it is the same texture, except that it is used for the surface effect, bumps of all sorts, etc. Now imagine when you have a beautiful model with an HD texture stretched over it (diffusion) and a heap of a low res normal map. What surface do you think you will see (relief, irregularities)? That's right, blurry. This means that the general view of the model with this soap will also be blurred.
Gluk7469 wrote:
my mods weighed 15 gigs g)
well, I have a miserable couple of gigs. what is there to slow down?

G
GlukoHedgehog 13.01.21

RazD0R
I was just comparing the difference with my eyes in the game itself before and after! Nifiga saw no difference! But I saw it in performance.
RazD0R wrote:
what is there to slow down then?
I don't understand either. Maybe scripts in mods?

R
RazD0R 13.01.21

I'm still digging in the evening.

G
GlukoHedgehog 13.01.21

RazD0R If
I were you, I would check ENB.
That’s how much I don’t remember about the games from the Conversation - I remember not so much the process of the game itself, but more the installation of mods and poking around with them.