3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
saa0891 13.01.21 10:59 am

FAQ (Call of Duty: Black Ops 2)

I found a small FAQ, can anyone help, if there are any other solutions to the problems I will add.
I personally flew on the splash screen at the beginning of the second mission where you fly in a helicopter, the firewood update helped, now everything is fine.

The Black Ops 2 FAQ is an illustrative list of frequently asked questions related to Call of Duty Black Ops 2 issues and answers.

Q: I bought a license, everything was successfully activated and downloaded, but I can't start it!
I have Windows XP.

A: Your OS must be at least Vista or Windows 7. XP is not supported!

Q: I bought the game on Steam / by pre-order, etc. In general, I did not buy the disc in the store, but I have a face. Why is there no Russian language?

A: Those who have bought and pre-ordered the game on Steam - in Russia and the CIS countries - will not be able to play in Russian! (only English, French, Italian, German and Spanish) ->

If there are ways to Russify such a game, the FAQ will be updated.

Q: After launching it crashes with the following error: Error during initialization: couldn't load default asset 'fonts / 720 / consolefont' for asset type 'font'. Tried to load asset 'fonts / 720 / consoleFont'

A: This issue is language related. Put the Russian language through Steam in the properties of a loner and multiplayer and everything will become normal. (Properties - Language - Russian)

Q: License. On startup it says - "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again later." Tried waiting, doesn't help. What to do?

A:
The path to Steam should not contain Cyrillic (i.e. Russian letters).
For example:
D: GAMES Steam is wrong.
D: Games Steam - that's right.

Q: I have a license. The game starts, but after a few seconds the splash screen freezes and closes:

A: Possible solution:
This may be due to incomplete installation of the game. Wait for the installation (and update) of all game components (Singleplayer, multiplayer, and zombie mode) before starting.

Q: Throws an error when starting a loner: Error during initialization: Unhandled exception caught.

A: No matter how funny it is, the problem is solved by translating the time zone on the PC to GMT + 8 (Hong Kong)

Q: According to the system requirements, all the rules, but I notice some slowdowns alone + the levels are loaded for five minutes.

A: No solution yet. We are waiting for the patch.
Owners of nVIDIA graphics cards can update their drivers to Beta 310.54 http://www.nvidia.ru/Download/index.aspx?lang=en. They say it helps a lot.

Q: I get an error on the splash screen: "Error: quit was not requested in the main thread".

No matter how funny it is, the problem is solved by changing the time zone on the PC to GMT + 8 (Hong Kong)

Q: Departures on the second mission on boats. What to do?

A: Only people with nVIDIA graphics cards have this problem. More precisely, it's the drivers.
Especially for this, a new (beta) version of firewood was released - 310.54. You can download it from the off site - http://www.nvidia.ru/Download/index.aspx?lang=ru.
If updating your drivers didn't work for you (there are cases), don't worry - Treyarch is currently working with NVIDIA to resolve this issue.

B: Alternative.
Downgrade Core clock to 700 MHz using EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner, or some other alternative program. this option also saves from other dependencies in the game.

Q: I updated the drivers, as you advised - but it still crashes / black screen / it seems to me it became even worse / add the necessary ones yourself;) What to do?

A: Indeed, this is the case. On foreign forums, I found interesting comments that after installing new firewood (this is important!) And then rolling back to old ones, the game starts and works without crashes. Try it!

Q: Cutscene lags, characters stuttering.

A: Gradually lower the graphics settings until we find a middle ground.
There is no other solution yet.

Q: Loading the game / update in Steam stops at 96-98% or the speed drops sharply.

A: We pause and resume the download again.

Q: I get an error - "Dependency failure":

A: This may be due to an incomplete installation of the game. Wait for the installation (and update) of all game components (Singleplayer, multiplayer, and zombie mode) before starting.

Q: "Attention. The loss of connection with the server is 57475." What to do?

A: There is no definite answer yet, but there is unverified information that the error is related to programs that break the level: "If you somehow change your statistics, you can no longer log into the server, but you get an error: Server Error 57475"

Q : Error: "Error during initialization: Missing config file" default.cfg "during initialization. May need to add to code_pre_gfx."

1) The path to Steam should not contain Cyrillic (ie Russian letters).
For example:
D: GAMES Steam is wrong.

2) Also, the path to Steam should not contain any signs - periods, commas, exclamation marks, etc.

D: GAMES Steam.! - it is not right.

Q: Third mission: when I ride a horse, the horse falls into the texture and I cannot move. Or a similar problem in other missions.

A: There is no definite answer yet, so far I can only advise you to update the drivers for the video card - and so: the liars are waiting for the patch, the pirates are waiting for crack fixes.

Q: Black screen with cursor at startup. What to do?

A: Possible solution from the Steam forum:
Trying to update the drivers for your sound card.

Q: Disable UAC UAC

Q: It crashes right after Afghanistan. What should I do?

A: Option 1: In the settings of your audio device - Control Panel-> Hardware and Sound-> Manage audio devices-> Select your current device-> Properties-> Advanced tab, put the first quality in the list 16 bit 44100 Hz (CD). Voila, the game won't crash.
Option 2: Download and replace this file in the zone - all folder http://rghost.ru/41544933

Q: When looking through the scope, FPS drops very much. What to do?

A: There is no solution yet, we are waiting for the patch.
Possible solution:
Options - Detailed - Depth of field: set to Low. -> helps some.

Q: I have a laptop. One video card. The menu and so on work fine, but as soon as I start multiplayer, the screen turns black, but I hear shots, the sound of my steps (I can move) - i.e. the game is on. What to do?

A: I haven’t found an unambiguous solution as such. I have only one piece of advice:
Try experimenting with your screen resolution and display mode.

If it doesn't help, we are waiting for the patch!

Q: I have a laptop: two video cards - an integrated Intel HD400 and a discrete GeForce GT 540M (I just gave it as an example, not the point).

when launching Black Ops 2 does not switch to GeForce
A: There is such a problem! We launch it ourselves, with the pens;) + try to forcefully set the discrete v.card for Black Ops 2 in the Nvidia settings (the icon in the tray at the clock).

Last Updated on 12/01/2012 11/20/12 - Nvidia beta drivers released new version 310.61 11/21/12
- a patch released that fixes many of the issues in this FAQ.
139 Comments
Sort by:
S
STIGman 13.01.21

Q: Throws an error when starting a loner: Error during initialization: Unhandled exception caught.

A: No matter how funny it is, the problem is solved by translating the time zone on the PC to GMT + 8 (Hong Kong)
Doesn't help
PS set the date to 13.11.2012 and it worked.

Z
Zorianin 13.01.21

Explain whether it is mandatory to complete the strike team missions? Do they affect story missions? Anyway, what is their point - just for fun?

B
BlackWhiteYellow 13.01.21

Zorianin
They affect the missions they must pass

P
Personal Jesus from UA 13.01.21

I completed the repack, but will the saved game save to the Steam version?

R
Remnant. 13.01.21

Kekc091
Yes.

K
KARASJ666 13.01.21

"Fatal Directx error"

It is treated by switching off (in the settings of the video card control panel) mode of multiple displays.

Turn off (uncheck) TV and so on.

We leave only 1 monitor.

The desktop should only be displayed on 1 screen.

(DirectX update by itself, if not updated here I think everything is clear)

D
DoctorPlus 13.01.21

Q: According to the system requirements, all the rules, but I notice some slowdowns alone + the levels are loaded for five minutes.

A: No solution yet. We are waiting for the patch.
Owners of nVIDIA graphics cards can update their drivers to Beta 310.54 www.nvidia.ru/Download/index.aspx?lang=en. They say it helps a lot.

cured with a new (beta) version of firewood - 310.61

P
Prophet_92 13.01.21

black screen with a cursor .. updating sound firewood did not help .. (

R
RisingofTheFall 13.01.21

The black screen at startup is treated with a crack from Steam006 + compatibility with Win7 in the shortcut. Add to main FAQ

M
MrSoaDik 13.01.21

.... on this screensaver, what is the matter more clearly? Textures are given red! What to do???

R
Remnant. 13.01.21

MrSoaDik
Shaders are poorly displayed. A new video card will help.

a
alekc1968 13.01.21

koo does not have letters in the Russian version of the game, stop steam and you will have a new year

k
kostiak14 13.01.21

the problem in the mission "Time and Fate" twitches when looking through binoculars, and the sound goes on

L
L3x0R 13.01.21

How to get rid of the hang in the Time and Fate mission when playing as Menendesh. If there is no solution, discard the save after this mission.

G
Gamer_game 13.01.21

rec1605 go to the game settings and turn off humiliation and processing, set it to a minimum, remove anisotropic filtering, remove vertical sync, try to set the minimum, it helped me, but it helped a friend when I set it to the maximum ... , completely unload the memory and the processor load ... it should help, after this mission I set everything up as it went on ... :) good luck with your game ...

G
Gamer_game 13.01.21

(appeasement - smoothing), (purchase - check) sorry hurried to be sealed :)

S
Scirocco37 13.01.21

noticed such a problem: despite the fact that on the PC itself everything with sound is good, but in the game itself the sound is reduced by 35 percent ((((((9

p
peterburg108 13.01.21

does not start on gf555 in the laptop, but on Intel, please, already installed 7 different repacks and all the same, play hunting, help pliz

V
Virgill 13.01.21

Brothers, help who knows. After launching, nothing happens to me, and the game just hangs in the processes and takes 3MB. Translation of the time zone, changing the date, updating the drivers, installing the patch did not help. Steam is there.

D
Dampill 13.01.21

HOW to go down the stairs leading to the drug laboratory? tried everything