3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dramuniq 13.01.21 10:59 am

Problems moving from W7 to W10?

This question has been plaguing me for a year now, since the free W10 update appeared, if, purely hypothetically, I have Windows 7, but activated, purely hypothetically, by an activator from the Internet, and I want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, again purely hypothetically. Can I get into trouble? I remember half a year ago reading somewhere that they can. Sorry, if this topic has already been, there is no way to reread everything.
13 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 13.01.21

DramUniq wrote:
but activated, purely hypothetically, by an activator from the Internet
Well, you turned it down ...: D
Can I have problems?
There may be problems with the software that is designed for 7 and is incompatible with 10 - some programs, drivers. People wrote that some software removes 10 itself, allegedly because of "incompatibility" with it. It's not entirely clear why you want to exactly update the pirate 7-ku - to get a free license for 10?
Keep in mind that with all the "buns" (no need to install new programs, etc.), you can transfer all the "jambs" from 7-ki - especially if you do not monitor your computer. This is the difference between an OS update and a clean installation.

d
dramuniq 13.01.21

SonyK.
Well here again, look, this is not the answer to my question. I mean, if you update like this, will the W10 remain activated or not?

E
Eroppo 13.01.21

DramUniq
I updated several computers and laptops in this way - there were no problems, everything was activated, pirates turned into normal licenses.Although there are people here who say that this is not true, but somehow I doubt - I trust my eyes more))
In general, after updates, when the Windows key to the hardware binds, I would advise you to put Windows clean

E
Eroppo 13.01.21

SonyK.
And what for microsoft to anti-advertising and losses in the form of those same owners of pirates? And even more so - idiocy in the form of introducing some kind of mythical payment for something that is distributed free of charge. You will have to pay for 10-ku this and that, because very few people are going to sit on one piece of hardware all their lives, and updating with the old key on a new motherboard will not work, as far as I know. But if suddenly there are some payments for air - not only will people refuse Windows, they will also sue, and in court Microsoft will also be wrong - a stream of fines.
Although, of course, within the framework of the theory of the satanic origin of B. Gates, such tales should look very cool - the Corporation of Evil is preparing an Insidious Plan to Enslave the World, etc.

E
Eroppo 13.01.21

SonyK.
That's the whole point of being "free".
The meaning of being free, as I understand it, is at least partially in the fact that one Windows is easier to maintain and bring to mind than 5 different versions, when one is fixed in one - the other breaks in three. You can use fewer people, and much more benefit, which means both the profit is higher and the costs of the free distribution will be justified

I
Inhaler 13.01.21

I suspect that the main idea is to create a single platform where you can sell all the software and igori in your superstore. So the pirates are unlikely to be punished like this. And if they are punished - only in favor, a clean reinstallation has not hurt anyone yet.

E
Eroppo 13.01.21

SonyK.
I am amazed every time: isn't it funny to repeat fairy tales about some kind of surveillance? WHAT an ordinary user can follow a solid office and how many employees are needed for this? I doubt that the entire population of China will be enough ... If the information is going to, it is more the one that will be useful to the users themselves after the analysis - probably anonymous, because no one is interested in who exactly is carrying what kind of nonsense on which social network.
As for the convenience of the interface - just the most inconvenient thing that was - this is the desktop, which now, since the time of 8, is practically not needed, which means that constant manipulations are not needed to get to it (collapse everything, expand everything, etc. .). ALL the functions of the old table are present in Start, and even there is no "traditional" shit menu since W95 in the menu in the menu in the menu in the next menu in another menu - and, damn it, the right shortcut in another heap of the same menus ...

P
Palych Rokov 13.01.21

TS, download the latest version of 10 wines from torrents with updates, after which you boot from the USB flash drive, format the disk where you will put it and put it only on a blank disk, then there will be no problems, except for some games or programs that are incompatible with 10 which will stop working, but such units

S
SonyK_2 13.01.21

eroppo
Melkosoft may not monitor and analyze themselves, but only transmit data to the NSA. There is never a lot of information - they track everything they can. Then they analyze what is needed and what is not. Naturally, a small-scale regular user like the average Vasya or John is only needed as an object for advertising distribution. For special services, surveillance through the network is very beneficial - instead of trained employees, machines do all the work. Personally, as an ordinary user, there is nothing to be afraid of, but I do not want to part of the resources of my system (to put it bluntly, not the most powerful one) was also spent on spying on me.
I wrote about the interface above - I don't like the tiles themselves and the "squaring" of everything. I understand that it "eats" less RAM, etc., but if you really want to, you can turn off Aero and all effects in 7-ke, so that it "consumes" less.

E
Eroppo 13.01.21

SonyK.
about ANB - as far as I know, just paranoid speculation, which the crowd happily seized upon, as well as any pseudo-sensation for the herd, where it stinks more. Idiotic logic designed for cattle without their own brains: data is sent - sent to spies, where else and why else ... There is no confirmation of this nonsense about the transfer of information and cannot be - it is enough, again, to present only the volumes of this slag - what channels are needed for transmission and what computing power is needed at least to sort them ...
As for the squares - the taste and color, for example, I and many of my friends / acquaintances never liked the sevenfold circle, the first thing after reinstallation was cut in the standard design , which has survived from the same W95))

S
SonyK_2 13.01.21

eroppo
Believe in surveillance or not - everyone's business. But instead of telemetry that I don't need, I'd better give some of the system resources for "rounding" windows, etc.

E
Eroppo 13.01.21

SonyK.
Yes, I understand that to use the brain or not - everyone must decide for himself. Only the herd does not even decide this by itself: it is said that there is someone to think for individuals - they are only happy to repeat what they have pushed into empty heads

Z
Zector 13.01.21

Guys, is there any infa, how much will it cost to switch to Win 10 after July 29? I'm still sitting at 7, I don't really want to go.