3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sarif 13.01.21 11:16 am

How to change resolution without entering the game itself? (Counter-Strike: Source)

I have such a problem. I changed the resolution for one that does not support my screen. About the launch of the game, a black background! And from the game, the resolution cannot be changed in principle! Who knows how to do it differently HELP !!
17 Comments
Sort by:
A
Atoman 13.01.21

Remove config.cfg

S
Sarif 13.01.21

When I delete the file when starting the game it reappears !!!

R
Roger 13.01.21

deleting this file, you restore the default settings

S
Sarif 13.01.21

So this did not solve the problem, I still have a black screen

A
Atoman 13.01.21

Delete / Reinstal so as not to bother with settings and all sorts of variables ..

W
Wwg 13.01.21

I somehow changed the resolution for a foolish one that does not support my screen

buy a new screen gygg

S
Sarif 13.01.21

Truncate all thanks to the problem solved)))) (and the new screen is funny of course!)

B
BPA44 13.01.21

Hey . I have the same problem. played with resolution ... in the end, at startup: a dark screen and the inscription "attention out of range"
deleted this config, and reinstalled the game - all to no avail.
tell me more about the solution to the problem. Thank you

B
BPA44 13.01.21

found info on the internet ... via regedit fixed the problem.

N
Nitro25 13.01.21

They ask for help in this topic and they say how they fixed it ...

L
LoTu_Gulu 13.01.21

but how to do it Delete / Reinstal ??? Help

x
xDDGx 13.01.21

LoTu_Gulu, I mean reinstalling the game - learn English!

Subject:
How to change resolution without entering the game itself?
In general, it changes like this: if a pirate running through a bat-nickname, open it or create a new one (just create a txt file and change the extension to bat, do not forget to enable the display of the file extension in the folder properties) and write / bring it to the form:
hl2.exe -game cstrike -width 640 -height 480
Instead of 640 and 480, you can substitute other numbers, for a full screen these should be the sizes that can be displayed by your monitor (800 * 600, 1280 * 1024, etc.), if you add the -window (or -windowed) parameter, you can run in window, and with absolutely any resolution - you can write the dimensions from the lamp: D (too large - more than the resolution of your monitor - of course, do not set it). By the way, to run in full screen there is the -fullscreen parameter.In
addition, some pirates may not start without the -steam parameter, and there is also the -console parameter to start the console when the game starts.
In Steam, everything is the same with one difference - there is no bat-nickname, additional parameters are set there through the Steam menu - as it is done there, it is written here: http://supportwiki.steampowered.com/ru/Setting_Game_Launch_Options

H
HuKXuMuK 13.01.21

People help, I also accidentally put it as I did not try it does not work pliiizzzzzz I really need help !!!

R
R1D3rty 13.01.21

plin..people, really everything that was indicated here has tried ... one hell of a connection comes out "UNSUPPORTED INPUT" ..... what to do and ?? (((

K
Kolya Dyachenko 13.01.21

I have such a problem with dota! changed the screen extension and it's black! tell me what to do plizik!

n
nekit_poprik 13.01.21

AAAA damn real tried everything I can not change the resolution, explain or discard the link how to change the resolution !!!

E
El clasico 13.01.21

Hello everyone, I have such a problem:
My 1366x768 screen played in full screen and everything was fine.
Then I had to put the extension 1024x768, and by mistake I went into the cs but immediately left, and the widening remained at 1024x768. Now I want to post to the whole screen but there is no such. The max extension is 1024x768 and mine (that is, 1366x768) is not. What is the problem? Help go back.