3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
datski56 15.01.21 07:35 pm

Detective Nick Valentine. Dialogue does not work. (Fallout 4)

All the best!
Such a misfortune happened. After rescuing Valentine from the clutches of gangsters. Upon arrival at his office in diamond city, the dialogue does not work. He just babbles nonsense about lights and shadows. There is a similar problem with a bum on the marketplace who needs to bring cola kernels. Presumably: what could have interfered with the game. First, when you first complete this quest. I didn’t take Valentine to town. Upon arrival at his office by fast travel. His corpse lay there. Then I went over the quest and brought it "almost" to the city myself. On the way to the city, he interceded in one place with speeches about architecture and a possible ambush. In the same spot near the river with the overturned van, where the deal between ghoul gangsters and an African American drag dealer from diamond city will take place. The quest is given by the bartender from the upper bar. In general, Valentine stood among the corpses of gangsters and did not go anywhere further. I went to the city by fast travel. He was waiting for me at the office. but the Dialogue and the new quest to find the son never started. In the launcher, I disabled the function of killing NPCs like children and quest NPCs. Disabling this parameter helped to give the bum a Nuka Coke. But Valentine is still playing silent. Upon exiting Vault 114 to the surface. He does not want to discuss these matters and says that it is better to rest and meet in the city. Maybe you just need to wait a while? or the game has interfered with the launcher function. Or on the spot with those corpses. In general, who came across. Help. Can reset it with the console. or dance with a tambourine. (PS. I have no experience with the console in any part of this engine. Since Oblivion.) PSS. there was a similar problem at the very beginning of the game. When clearing a city in Power Armor. There, the story character also died. Re-passing helped. It didn't help ...
4 Comments
Sort by:
m
morion2 15.01.21

Stand up to the nickname at close range, open the console, click on it with a bear, and enter resetai can help.

d
datski56 15.01.21

morion2
reset ai already tried. Does not help. The problem was solved by replaying with an earlier save and disabled function. but the problem remained similar in relation to other npc. at the beginning. ran past the police station. where you need to provide fire support to the brotherhood of steel. in general, already 13 lvl. returned to this quest. the paladin was already dead by itself. ghouls there is darkness. dealt with them. revived the paladin's console. says thanks for the help. but the quest cannot be completed. for the dialogue does not open in the same way. as a reluctance to go through the game first. so much is already screwed up.

m
morion2 15.01.21

datski56
I had a similar bug with nps when I approached them point-blank, but the dialogue arrow did not appear stupidly, but the problem resolved itself, I don't even know how, it just became normal over time. If you have a pirate, then try another repack, and if you have a pirate, then wait for patches.

Honestly, you have a lot of bugs, reinstall the game at least.
For example, key NPCs should not die at all.
Do you use mods?

L
Liggalize 15.01.21

datski56
The same problem. Nothing helps