3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pecos_Bill 15.01.21 08:09 pm

What is the difference between a necromancer and a warlock?

And yet what? In games, they look about the same - mostly in black robes. Both are engaged in black magic and summoning the undead. And the word necromancy is translated as black magic. So I can't figure out now what differences they have. Maybe it's the same thing? Who knows, unsubscribe.
14 Comments
Sort by:
x
xamunt 15.01.21

According to the books and games that I have read and played, a necromancer is the one who creates or raises undead (zombies, skeletons) and curses enemies. Even the very part of the word Necro is translated as dead (well, or something like that). The Warlock is more about demons and forbidden and black magic in general.

P
Pecos_Bill 15.01.21

xamunt
Yeah, I see, what's the difference between a demonologist and a warlock. As far as I remember, the demonologist calls the demons and the warlock then what?
rPeBoJL
And what's the difference in their robes? I guess it doesn't really matter?

x
xamunt 15.01.21

Pecos_Bill_2.0
Demon warlocks also summon frequently. Yes, and in RPGSHK, I more often see a warlock class than a demonologist. And now the warlock is already there and firing arrows of darkness, and calling demons, etc. The demonologist is just stupid demons and some kind of demonic magic thread. A warlock is not only demons, but black magic in general.

M
MunchkiN 616 15.01.21

overcame in what game you get
as for me, in general and the average warlock is not quite a magician. This is a cocoa then an alchemist and a weak sorcerer such as a witcher, if he had not waved a sword or some witch. what she does is all about understandable.
a necromancer, he kind of plays with all kinds of carrion. from can be both a warlock and a very cool poson, he just interrogates the dead, revives all kinds of crap and so on.

P
Position 15.01.21

Necromancy from Greek νεκρός, dead and μαντεία, divination (Thanks to WikiPedia).
Therefore, a necromancer is just a sorcerer who specializes exclusively in necromancy (communication with the dead, etc.).
Warlock - A sorcerer / wizard using forbidden or occult treatises.

A
Alexator 15.01.21

Don't know C:

O
Omega 15.01.21

Pecos_Bill_2.0 wrote:
Both are engaged in black magic and summoning undead.
Does a warlock summon the spirits of the dead? For example, in the film Warlock (1989), he was an ordinary magician (sorcerer) there.

D
Desert Wanderer 15.01.21

The necromancer of the dead raises and the warlock sends plague and bloody diarrhea to enemies like this: 3

B
Brashnashla 15.01.21

A warlock is a generalized dark magician. A warlock can be a necromancer, a demonologist, a malefic, a ritualist, etc. A necromancer is specifically a comrade specializing in undead

r
requiemmm 15.01.21

The warlock itself is a bottom without a gram of talent, but he found a book "Black Magic for Dummies" and could use something from there :) Well, a necromancer is a magician who specializes in working with the undead. Just specialization, nothing else.

p
pekabir 15.01.21

one loves to fuck corpses, and the other revives them

V
Vaipen 15.01.21

Necromancers and Demonologists specialize in summoning and banishing demons, zombies and other wickedness. But those Warlocks are just the same for the living. All sorts of damage, evil eyes, nagavors, curses, etc.

V
Vanya Rygalov 15.01.21

pekabir wrote:
one loves to fuck corpses, and the other revives them
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Spoiler corpses, who were fucked to death by the one who then revives them again? ... well, and then again

P
Palladim 15.01.21

Essentially the same thing, only with specialization. Necromancers are masters of working with the dead, spirits, ghosts, and zombies. Warlocks - occult, corruption, work with demons.