3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lucky One 15.01.21 08:16 pm

Dialogues in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Have you solved the problem with missing words in dialogs?
12 Comments
Sort by:
Z
ZalMan912 15.01.21

Lucky One
No. In some places it happens that the monologue led by the character is a couple of words more in the subtitles. Plus there is still that "trick" with an accelerated pronunciation ... as from a machine gun. With timing, nothing was done at all along the way

B
BoB_Er 15.01.21

ZalMan912
Well, the acceleration counter was slightly tweaked and the characters are not chattering so fast, but still accelerated.

Z
ZalMan912 15.01.21

BoB_Er
Well, FIG knows. Maybe there are some improvements, but I didn't really notice. And besides, now I try not to really listen to what they say, because subtitles are more informative. Very often, in large and long dialogues, words are missed in the voice acting

A
Aleksandr2242 15.01.21

ZalMan912
and I thought this was not a mistake, they wanted to smooth out the acceleration of the characters' speech in this way.

Z
ZalMan912 15.01.21

Aleksandr2242
In fact, you're right. Most likely this was the main reason, otherwise it would be there in general what the hell was going on. We tried to convey the main meaning of the character's monologue, removing, as it seemed to them, unnecessary "water". In principle, they did it .. the meaning of all the dialogues is clear. But. All that they removed, if you read the subtitles, carries some of the emotional characteristics of the characters. It turns out that if you are content with only the voice acting, without reading the subtitles, you cannot fully feel the disclosure of the characters, their thoughts and feelings. All that moves them

A
Aleksandr2242 15.01.21

ZalMan912
and that there are many such moments for the whole game? I just noticed this trick when I replayed the game, namely when I was looking for a sun stone with Filippa, already count the end of the game.

Z
ZalMan912 15.01.21

Aleksandr2242
Well, I remember the dialogues with Ciri. There were often all sorts of omissions. In Kaer Morhen there were also Vesimir during the herbal ritual and the ceremony. At the beginning of the game, too often

R
ROUND 15.01.21

So I recently asked if there is a mod that returns the old voice acting with accelerations and decelerations instead of cut words, that is, which was before patch 1.10. Everyone minus me for this.

L
Lucky One 15.01.21

ZalMan912 Heard
nothing from the developers about this, do you know?

Z
ZalMan912 15.01.21

Lucky One
No. I haven't heard anything like that, but I think they are unlikely to be doing this already. It is necessary to specifically re-record the already prepared dubbing of most of the dialogues, and in modern realities, when it is considered a holiday to release a game with full and translated voice acting, this is impossible. Why redo something that barely works.

Z
ZalMan912 15.01.21

ARONDIT
So natural. Nobody changed the voice acting or rewritten it .. it's a lot of work. Made it easier in patches. We took ready-made recordings of dialogues and increased the timing to the maximum, thereby slightly slowing down those places where they chattered. But all the same, in some places it was not enough and this "feature" remained.

O
Olga Dyatlovskaya 15.01.21

bought the game on ps4 in dialogs after each suggestion the downloads go help to solve the problem