3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
denismax 15.01.21 08:16 pm

Vampire siege (Total War: Warhammer)

I play as vampires and noticed such a feature - despite the fact that some of their units can quite successfully destroy walls, they still do not give me the opportunity to attack immediately when attacking a city with walls. You have to build fucking towers and wait a few turns, wasting precious time. Why is that? Maybe I missed some thing, share. Vampires really can't attack cities at once, unlike other races?
7 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirill Kravchuk 15.01.21

denismax
I looked at the reviews of the game and many people also called it, so most likely - yes

m
mercury-357 15.01.21

No one can immediately attack a city with walls, unless of course you have a cannon.

d
denismax 15.01.21

mercury-357
This is not necessary here) Catapults, parotanks and other sediments are also suitable. In fact, all factions except vampires have something siege, but a pancake approached the city and sit for 3-4 turns while you make one pissing tower. It got to the point of ridiculousness - there were no foot troops in the army, I waited until one tower was made, I start the battle and the tower is empty without anyone (of course, there are no troops to put under it), but led the vargulfs to the gates lightly, smashed them in 30 seconds and calmly took the city with the help of ghouls and flying wargeists.
Well, why the heck was asked to do this stupid restriction on the beginning of the battle?

m
mercury-357 15.01.21

denismax
Yes, yes, I was talking about guns, but I meant any siege weapon.
The funny thing is that you can't storm without siege weapons, but each foot unit has ladders. That is, you may not even use siege towers or battering rams, but you must build them.
It also annoys me terribly, for sure there are mods that remove this limitation.

G
GG4 15.01.21

mercury-357
Because a siege without siege weapons is not spectacular. For example, I always build almost a fullku (although I have to wait 20 moves) to taste the beauty of a siege. I am in no hurry to quickly capture everyone and finish the campaign in 10 moves, but enjoy high-quality strategic battles. Even when I have an advantage in the army, I try to divide the enemy, break through their flanks, go around from the rear, set up ambushes and all this I do with a limited number of troops (the main force is in my reserve), in general I stretch my pleasure and do it beautifully and spectacular, and you probably stupidly send a horde of meat into a heap to destroy the enemy with a crowd and end the battle as quickly as possible. In this case, you can generally play on auto-calculation, I think this will suit you very much.

m
mercury-357 15.01.21

GG4
Heh, did I say that I don't like battles? If I didn't like battles, I wouldn't play total var. What I don't like is the artificial restrictions that make no sense, I don't understand why they introduced this.

d
denismax 15.01.21

mercury-357
I agree, it is the irrationality of this action that irritates. And where does the regularity of the game? I also play measuredly and do not strive to finish the campaign in 100 moves, but the point is different - sometimes I just need to do a blitz and, ahead of the enemy, capture the city in front of him, so that he would have to withdraw his troops back to him and take back, while places where he led the troops, I continue to do my business.
Even in training, you are given control of a couple of detachments, a lord and one vargulf, and it is they who are instructed to go to break the gates, but as the campaign began, rest, this is not a vampire business - sieges. Rave.
And about mods, yes, I would like to, but I looked and did not find it with my squint-eyed look.