3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BlackTea 15.01.21 08:20 pm

Creation of a cosmetic mod (Stellaris)

Hello! Personally, I do not like how the charges of plasma, lasers and disintegrators look like. I like the charges of kinetic weapons. But kinetics does not have any special bonuses (it is usable in the presence of plasma / lasers and disintegrators, except perhaps artillery). Therefore, the following question arose. Is it possible to replace "Projectiles" of plasma, lasers and disintegrators on "projectiles" of kinetic weapons? Outwardly, so that the characteristics remain the same. I tried to create a mod, but the devil will break his leg there. Thanks in advance.
14 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mordok 15.01.21

In stellaris / gfx / projectiles / the appearance is configured. See how files from
stellaris / common / component_sets
/ common / component_tags
stellaris / gfx / particles / combat work together

B
BlackTea 15.01.21

Mordok
Thank you, I'll take a look. Another question. Will it somehow affect the multiplayer? Wouldn't it be necessary to send the modified files to my friends in the game, as it should have been done with the file in which the characteristics of the reactors?

M
Mordok 15.01.21

BlackTea
No idea. I think that the changes will only be visible to you, because others do not need to install such a pack ... Unless the Paradoxes specially tightened the check.

B
BlackTea 15.01.21

Mordok
Well, okay. I'll dig in the files, maybe it will work out. I will write about the results. Thank you very much!

M
Mordok 15.01.21

BlackTea
Not at all. It turns out that a whole section on modding has already been filed on the official wiki, read: http://www.stellariswiki.com/Modding
At the same time there are links to the dev diaries there.
Go for it.

B
BlackTea 15.01.21

Mordok
tried it. It didn’t work. So I couldn’t figure out which lines of code are responsible for the graphical component and which for the stats. I need someone who can poke my nose, otherwise I’ll break the game nafig :). Okay. Equally tremendous thanks.
PS The article is in English. And I know him very badly. I can pass instructions to teammates in KS, VoV or GTA5, but I could not read that article.

M
Mordok 15.01.21

BlackTea
At the forum, a guy sits, sawing localization for mods on enthusiasm, consult him. Suddenly he will not refuse you, and you can help him with what you can.

B
BlackTea 15.01.21

Mordok
And how to call him, dignify ?

M
Mordok 15.01.21

BlackTea
Name: Schurl Miller. Was spotted here: http://forums.playground.ru/stellaris/pomoshch_s_modom-907536/

S
Schurl miller 15.01.21

Mordok
I 'm not that kind of guy .)))

M
Mordok 15.01.21

Schurl Miller
Yes, even Gerasim, even Mumu. Tea contacted you, could he change the visualization of the shots?

S
Schurl miller 15.01.21

Mordok
God knows. Yesterday we talked, said that he would try and that's it, silence. I don't get into other people's business, I'm not particularly interested in this.

M
Mordok 15.01.21

Schurl Miller
Identity is true: other people's business has its own time. It will be necessary - he will write himself

B
BlackTea 15.01.21

Mordok
Schurl Miller
Bummer, Either I'm a fool, or in the wiki article there really is nothing in the gfx section that would be related to weapon "projectiles".