3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FludoTron 25.01.21 07:11 pm

Diablo 2 remake goes from hand to hand (Diablo 2)

Bloomberg's Jason Schreier continues to rip the covers off the Diablo II: Resurrected remake, which has been pored over by the Diablo IV team in secret catacombs with the support of Vicarious Visions, which recently became part of Blizzard Entertainment.
• Vicarious Visions began working with Blizzard Entertainment on the Diablo II remake last year.
• The idea for the project has been around for a long time, and it should have been handled by the Classic Games Team, which was recently merged with Team 1. Previously, Team 1 was an independent department that was responsible for strategy and Heroes of the Storm.
• After the failure of WarCraft III Reforged, the Classic Team tried to determine the reasons for the failure. They identified poor planning, miscommunication, premature exit due to financial pressure from managers, and other factors as problems. For example, the developers did not know about the opening of pre-orders after the announcement of the game in November 2018.
• The classic games team wanted to accommodate mistakes while working on the Diablo II remake, but Blizzard did not give them this opportunity and transferred the project to the department responsible for Diablo IV. Together with him, Vicarious Visions is working on a project called Diablo II: Resurrected.
• On October 15, 2020, Blizzard announced a reorganization to the Classic Team. Team members were given the opportunity to interview for other positions at Blizzard, and those who could not find a new position were gradually laid off. Some of the people left for other studios, including Mike Morheim's Dreamhaven and Frost Giant.
• The news of the termination of active development of StarCraft II is related to the disbandment of Team Classic / Team 1.

Taken from the glass.
15 Comments
Sort by:
F
FludoTron 25.01.21

I noticed an interesting point, it turns out that the blizzards are busy not with a remaster, but with a remake. This could mean that Diablo 2 will be rebuilt on a new engine.

U
Uncle fred 25.01.21

How many more will they need to rape the corpses of old women before it comes to them that not all these terrible words (misskomkeytyd, etc.) are to blame for financial failures in the field of classical games ...

p
passed 25.01.21

Take into account mistakes and stop trying. If they ever were. Otherwise, the story gets cooler with each iteration.

F
FludoTron 25.01.21

passed wrote:
Take into account mistakes and stop trying.
Okay, I'll pass it on.

S
Sweety_Mustard 25.01.21

So with Warcraft, almost everything was done perfectly - advertising, attracting cybersadrots. There was so much of that - that I started playing it again and even watching castes and streams XD In general, everything was cool - except for the game.
Nextgen reforge does not allow you to distinguish a knight from a sheep - the same models just run around the field, any effect superimposed on the crowd causes pain in the eyes.
Localization in some places beats the Diablovian from the uncle of the primus - all sorts of spirit-wanderers, paganisha, shredders and so on. Lack of a normal ladder - are you a noob? - then you have the very place in the battle with the moon or happy, and the bolt has already been put on the game and you don't have to wait for it.

Do you want d2 with the same mobs, literal translation and xs with what else?)

D
DELETEEND 25.01.21

You will come out slag like VK3. Instead of making new games, and not trying to please both in the tail and in the mane and old and young. they dance on the bones of games made 10+ years ago. They would disperse the managers of useless 80 percent .. And throw these grandmothers into some poliindni companies with new ideas. Yes, they 5 managers will remove their salary - already a good boost, for those who write and draw on their knees.
The problem is not mis-skipping and planning a specific game. And in the absence of something new and attempts to squeeze some money out of the

old ... Well, the reform VK3 even looks wretched. Well, not all, but in some places it hurts the eye. This is not counting the bugs on release and long after. It's a shame such drawing for a cult game should be released

R
RomanDII 25.01.21

FludoTron wrote:
This could mean that Diablo 2 will be rebuilt on a new engine.
the former developer of D2 said in an interview that a remaster of D2 with an increase in the screen resolution as it is is impossible, there is a lot to redo and it will be a different game. This is actually confirmed.
For me personally, it's not an interesting new game, consider it as another mod

and I don't expect anything good from D4, there will be good commercialization, and the implementation of the game itself ... just to attract the name Diablo for hype

K
Klassewer 25.01.21

You are talking nonsense. Will come out - great. Check it out, someone will like it. As if you are being forced to buy.
Sweety_Mustard wrote:
Do you want d2 with the same mobs, literal translation and xs with what else?) Has
passed wrote:
Take into account mistakes and stop trying. If they ever were. Otherwise, the story gets cooler with each iteration.
The logic is iron. After all, there are still hundreds of years of existence of sg, why are there any side projects that will lead to an outflow of people. Obviously, arguing this way, you are not devoted fans of the game, but rather nerds of some kind.

PS Reforge VK3 I personally liked purely outwardly. Didn't play.
PPP Starcraft retexturing itself, I personally side with that he is what is not. But the very fact that they breathed new life into the game is wonderful. Bnet was updated (externally), a bunch of convenient ones were added, rating games and so on - beauty.

U
Uncle fred 25.01.21

Klassewer wrote:
You are talking nonsense.
Thank you for opening our eyes, kind person.

K
Klassewer 25.01.21

Thanks Uncle Fred for thanks.

S
Sweety_Mustard 25.01.21

Klassewer
Well, you judge by the old man - he came out successful. And the reform ruined what came before him - although q2 is not threatened, there is nothing there. And you watched the graphonies on the cutscenes - because during the game it's trash) Vakha looks ahead of this reformer by 10 years. The
old man added a bunch of splash - the reformer annihilated them, the same ladder, for example, online - you go like this when you first hear about the game - and you are thrown 10 times in a row to the folders, the game ends in a couple of minutes XD

K
Klassewer 29.01.21

Sweety_Mustard wrote: The
old man added a bunch of splash - the reformer annihilated them, the same ladder, for example - and on the basis of it the selection of optimal opponents was built on the basis of it - you go like this when you first hear about the game - and you are thrown 10 times in a row to the folders, the game ends after a couple minutes XD
Well this is a wild cant of course. If the developers refuse to finish this, then this is an outright spit towards the community. But for some reason, in StarCraft, a banal rating was done normally.

r
rambler87 08.02.21

As a rule, I was lucky) not even in terms of the fact that it is statistically more likely to come across promoted products even without knowing about them. I just went into the store from a heap of colorful packages and pulled out those that seemed attractive to me (although maybe the design is good - has it already worked like that?). So I came across morrowind, stretches) in general intuitively somehow chose and never made a mistake in choosing.

O
Obsessed 08.02.21

rambler87, "- Vizmesh chervone, budesh a cool guy, pisyadesh for the same, shho mi! Vismesh is blue, budesh is a specific guy, more of a crack." ©

F
FludoTron 08.02.21

Blizzard said in a financial statement that a remaster is planned for this year (for which game is not specified)