3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
imyauzheispolzuetsya 25.01.21 11:50 pm

Game crashes with video driver errors and 6068 (Call of Duty: Warzone)

Hey. During the start of a tutorial, a simple match, or after a few minutes, the

game crashes with a video driver error (your system has detected that the driver has timed out), after which error 6068 (unrecoverable directx error) appears.

PC config:

CPU - Intel xeon e5 2689

Video card - Asus rx 570 4GB

RAM - 16GB 1660Hz

The game is installed on an nvme m.2 drive

I have already tried deleting files and changing file parameters videomemoryscale, I updated the video driver, installed compatibility with windows 7 and an additional launch parameter - d3d11 tried it too.

Maybe the problem is that I have an old VGA monitor connected via a VGA to HDMI adapter?
14 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 25.01.21

imyauzheispolzuetsya
imyauzheispolzuetsya wrote:
... unrecoverable directx error ...
DirectX installed? What OS?
... Maybe the problem is that I have an old VGA monitor connected via a VGA to HDMI adapter?
Perhaps, but the game "does not know" - the screen is connected via HDMI and okay, the converter does the rest. There are no conventional adapters from digital to analog, you need a built-in DAC - maybe because of it problems?
PS On my VGA monitor (connected via a DVI-I - VGA adapter), the config in the profile and the captions for the video worked (but did not play for long).

i
imyauzheispolzuetsya 25.01.21

SonyK_2
DirectX is installed, other games would hardly work without it, OS - Windows 10
As for the built-in DAC, I don't quite understand what it is

S
SonyK_2 25.01.21

imyauzheispolzuetsya
DirectX is installed, other games would hardly work without it ... Are there any
problems in other games?
... As for the built-in DAC, I do not quite understand what it is
In video cards starting with the GTX 1000 series nVidia and RX 400 series AMD removed the RAMDAC / DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) chip, which was responsible for converting the video signal to work with analog monitors ... To connect a new video card to such a monitor (with VGA input), you need a CONVERTER (HDMI - VGA, DisplayPort - VGA, etc.) with a built-in DAC. The adapters simply soldered the contacts to connect to a different type of interface - for example, from digital-to-analog DVI-I to analog VGA:
Spoiler
PS Google on request "error 6068" produces results for this game, have you tried what they advise?

i

SonyK_2
Yes, other games on DirectX do not complain and most likely the game launcher would suggest that I install it if it is not available, as additional software.
At Google's requests, I tried everything from what I saw, i.e. deleted files from the game folder and changed the videomemoryscale parameter, also set compatibility with windows 7, tried to roll back and reinstall the video driver, tried the additional parameter d3d11 at startup, too.
By the way, when using the dxdiag command, it shows me that I have DirectX 12.

S
SonyK_2 25.01.21

imyauzheispolzuetsya
... other games on DirectX do not complain ...
Not all games show that the error is due to DirectX - maybe AppCrash, or something else.
... most likely the game launcher would suggest that I install it, if not, as additional software.
In theory, yes, but not a fact.
... I also set compatibility with windows 7 ...
I also tried an additional parameter d3d11 at startup ... I don't quite understand what the point is to run with a parameter for DX11 and compatibility with 7, when even on it the game should work on DX12 - with with the help of the support of this API artificially "tied" by the developers.
... when using the dxdiag command, it shows me that I have DirectX 12.
In 10-ke and will show the 12th - it is in the system by default. I don’t know how on it (I practically didn’t use it), on 7-ke I additionally put a full "package" of old DirectX libraries, although games (especially licensed ones) sometimes install something themselves.
Spoiler
At what resolution and with what graphic settings does the game work? - I "ate" almost all 4 GB, although the screen is smaller than FullHD.
Spoiler

i

SonyK_2
Only varzon swears on dx, other games (Fallout 4, gta online) work fine without errors.
As for compatibility, I don't really understand this and just tried what was described on the internet as a solution.
The game runs in a resolution of 1600x900 and the settings are as follows:
Video mode - full screen (no frame)
Frame sync - off
Maximum frequency - no limits
Gamma - 2.2 (sRGB)
Texture resolution - min
Anisotropic filtering - min
Particle quality - min
Bullet traces -
off Tessellation - off
On Demand Texture
Display - Off
Display Quality - Low Shadow Maps Resolution - Medium
Local Shadow Buffering - On
Sun Shadow Buffering - On
Particle Illumination - Low
DirectX Ray Tracing - Off (and locked)
Background Color Shading - Off
Screen Space Reflections - Off
Smoothing - Off
Depth of Field -
Off FILMIC Intensity - 100
Global Velocity Effect - off
Weapon speed effect - off
Grain - 0.25

S
SonyK_2 25.01.21

imyauzheispolzuetsya
... The game runs in 1600x900 resolution and the settings are as follows ...
I asked about the settings, because the last 3 "spells" (including Varzon) are demanding on the system, incl. the amount of video memory. Recently I played the Zombie mode on a free "weekend" in Cold War - at the minimum it "ate" almost 4 GB of video memory, even if in the settings set its use to 70%.
Spoiler
If I understood correctly (if anyone knows, correct it), all 3 games were combined into one "launcher", and I was able to launch both Cold War and Warzone from the same menu - provided that everything I needed was already downloaded.
Spoiler
I hardly played Varzon, but I played decently for free in Cold War, I had an assumption that now these games use the same (or almost the same graphics settings), and since we have similar video cards (with 4 GB), the number (and approximate frequency) RAM, the same resolution (1600x900), the game was on an SSD (but I have a regular SATA 3, not NVMe) - perhaps the problem is a lack of video memory, tk. I have it often took off. Something like this:
0:53
And in general it showed various errors, although most of them were connected with the network (I sin on the provider), I suppose that the hardware can play a role here. There were no such problems with Varzon (the settings are visible on the video), but since hardly played - it's hard to judge. I played a little on MBT in the online mode of Modern Warfare (2019) - there were no problems at all.

PS If it's not difficult, post a screenshot of the latest GPU-Z from your video card? - your own (not from the Internet), hunting to look at this parameter.
My screen

i
imyauzheispolzuetsya 29.01.21

SonyK_2 I
tested the vidyahu on another computer and it turned out that there are problems with it, it also started to issue artifacts, most likely these crashes with an error are also somehow connected.
In general, thanks for the help, I will carry the vidyahu for repairs, heh.

S
SonyK_2 01.02.21

imyauzheispolzuetsya
Vidyuha was bought new, or used from hands?

i
imyauzheispolzuetsya 01.02.21

SonyK_2
Was bought from hands and under warranty, but I assembled the computer after 3 days as the warranty expired

S
SonyK_2 01.02.21

imyauzheispolzuetsya
It was bought from hands and under warranty, but I assembled the computer after 3 days as the warranty expired
. - benchmarks, graphical games, etc., to understand how she "feels". And so a gift to the seller - maybe he mined on it, and when he began to "die" he decided to sell it to someone. Now you can't prove anything, and they may not help in repairs - depending on what happened to her.

i
imyauzheispolzuetsya 01.02.21

SonyK_2
There was a guarantee from the store, the games were not included, but the tests were carried out, the strangest thing is that it showed good results in a donut and some other test (it keeps the temperature smoothly and does not show artifacts), and the seller hardly tried to drive it " dead "vidyahu because he himself agreed to any tests

S
SonyK_2 01.02.21

imyauzheispolzuetsya
There was a guarantee from the store ... it is unlikely that the seller tried to drive the "dead" vidyahu because he himself agreed to any tests
Why did not I test it right away while there was a guarantee and an opportunity to return? It also happens that craftsmen "warm up" some faulty cards and they still work for some time. If the seller (a private trader, or a store selling second-hand) gave a short guarantee, it is possible that such a case. If you give it back for repair, please write down what they say / do there - it’s interesting to know what was the reason.
PS On a free weekend my Cold War "squeezed" out of the video card such power, which it did not give out even during the test with "bagels", etc.

And although it is with a slight factory overclocking, I have rarely seen it in games "eat" more than 120 W (its nominal TDP). I don’t know if there is such a thing in Varzone, but since they “tied” the last 3 games into one launcher, maybe there is something like that in it now - I didn’t notice it before. Not the fact that the matter is in the game itself, maybe the drivers are like that (I haven't tried to roll back).

g
gennaz 01.02.21

imyauzheispolzuetsya
Win 10 latest version 20H2?