3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Z
ZlobnyDed 27.01.21 01:11 am

Deadly Accuracy (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I'll probably start with a small introduction, which prompted me to create this post. It is no secret that among the swordsman's skills in the "Protection" tab there is the "Deadly Accuracy" skill, which gives a 2% chance to kill someone with one blow. The chance increases with each adrenaline point. Over several playthroughs of the game, various numbers flew out of the opponents - 3000.8000, reaching 30-40 thousand damage per hit. Quite a funny incident happened recently, although it is a bug to some extent. NG +, level 41, difficulty "To the death!", Went into the tomb of the witcher George, there, of course, there is ekimma. He halved her health and then some strange blow comes from behind. I turn around - and in the "door" there is a level 50 or 55 goblin, who does not know how he got there! I got the ekimma, prepared to kill the devil, hit him a couple of times with a sword and just thought that it would be nice to set it on fire, as it fell dead and 103,800 health flew out of it! Lucky. I don’t remember exactly, but it seems to be the largest damage that this skill only knocked out. The question is, in fact, the following: do you use this skill? What is the maximum damage knocked out of an unlucky enemy? And one more thing: don't you think that the chance of "dying on the spot" is much higher than the maximum possible 6%? Feels like this chance is 20-30%, very often it works. Sorry for the "multi-book", I finished
19 Comments
Sort by:
K
Ketik 27.01.21

Funny bug with Leshy))) I also want this)))

S
Setesh 27.01.21

did not use, because it is not interesting and it turns out cheating

Z
ZlobnyDed 27.01.21

Setesh
Yes, it can be called cheating if the Witcher is pretty well packaged. But for some reason, I am not interested in using the builds of the magician and alchemist, I do not consider them canonical. What Geralt is - he knows how to swing a sword, has a reaction, knows a couple of tricks (signs) and knows how to cook potions, which he tries not to abuse. And various health boosts (as well as its restoration under any conditions), superpowerful elixirs and signs are not about this game. Well, this is purely my opinion

S
Shkudi 27.01.21

Setesh
That's just the same "combat build" is not cheating - either you or you. Health is not enough, and if you run in the armor of a cat, then armor too. But somehow I tried to make a build "ONLY alchemist" - just unkillable Geralt came out with 15k + hp, crazy health regen and protection. But this is not a canon .. so I immediately refused.

T
TheKep 27.01.21

I killed the wyvern with the 1st bolt :) I don't remember the damage

B
Bupycop 27.01.21

ZlobnyDed The
damage flies out exactly as much as the enemy's health, that is, the higher the level and more serious the enemy, the more health he has, which means that when the skill to kill with one hit is used, damage flies to all the enemy's health, there is nothing cheating in this, For me, the defense of the Kven is so much cheater, which, even at the first level, does not allow the enemy to kill you with one blow, because if you are even of 1 level, and the enemy is 70, and he hits you through the Kven, then you will not even die. And the skill with 3 adrenaline points gives only 6% chance of one-shot, I wonder if the bonus from the sword and this ability stacks, or not.

Z
ZlobnyDed 27.01.21

Bupycop
And here I do not agree. Being a fairly high level, in the improved armor of the Griffin school (the strength of the signs is somewhere around 160-180, I don't remember), everything is crammed with Kven glyphs, I decided to poke the golem much higher than my level. I made several runs, the result is the same - among all his blows, which only throw away and remove the kven, sooner or later the blow passes, after which Geralt dies with full health. This can happen both in the second minute of the battle and in the tenth minute. I update the sign from time to time, even if the enemy did not hit it. I don’t know if this is a bug or not, but after 10-15 minutes of picking a stone, it’s quite annoying to die from a blow that should not have caused damage.

g
gerupt 27.01.21

Bupycop
6% is a lot. At high levels, it takes a very long time to cut the enemy. And with the same whirlwind, it is easy for the enemy to drag in two dozen blows in a few seconds.

B
Bupycop 27.01.21

gerupt
Whirlwind, this is another conversation, which is no less a cheating thing, because with his help, unless Eredin is stuck, but against the toad, Imlerich and others, he goes with a bang, I deliberately excluded him from my skills, like Kven.
ZlobnyDed
I talked about the opposite, that the kven blocks, being not pumped in, blows from much stronger opponents, removes any poisons and bleeding, you just need to activate it, and not a turn, that when it is pumped, it can withstand several hits. So, you yourself are contradicting yourself, how can there be 160-180% spell power and at the same time find an enemy much higher level, for me it’s 180 power, this is closer to the maximum level. And the opponents are lagging behind in levels, already to level 20, with the exception of contracts and some special ... Yes, and it's strange that you are fighting with a golem, the kven blocks its blows, and then for no reason kills you with one blow, contradict to themselves, if the Kven withstands the blow and does not allow you to die instantly, then it is working properly. Rather, you don't notice how he knocks him down and then does damage, by "

Z
ZlobnyDed 27.01.21

Bupycop
I reread it and did not understand anything. Does Quen save any higher level opponent from being hit? Come on? What difficulty do you play? Quite often, some strong creature breaks through the Kven, dealing damage with just one hit, and not the following. It most likely depends on how the blow went. If tangentially, then only the sign gets lost, if straight, then with damage to its various degrees. You, apparently, have not really experienced it, since you say that. An untrained Kven never saved from any blow. Moreover, even at early levels at maximum difficulty, some "ringleader of bandits" with an ax quite successfully penetrates it with a direct blow with damage. I suspect that the fact is that the sign has a certain damage threshold, which it can compensate for, and if the blow is much stronger than the sign, then the damage passes. The difference is that strikes on a tangent to Geralt get more often than straight ones, therefore Kven mostly saves. And I don't need to tell about the combination of attacks of monsters, I can overwhelm any creature without armor and kven, kven only saves time, allowing me not to pay attention to a couple of hits

Z
ZlobnyDed 27.01.21

Bupycop
Demonstration. I have achieved this result several times. With one and the same blow, the stone either pierces with damage or no, it most likely depends on the directness of the hit. Without kven, it kills with one hit. Sorry for the quality of the video, my computer is not quite suitable for this game, and even more for recording video

B
Bupycop 27.01.21

ZlobnyDed
I said about this that kven saves from death, that no matter how strong a blow to the GG does not pass, he cannot be killed, being protected by a kven, but without a kven, one-shot immediately from the same enemy, and bandits with two-handed axes and large monsters and must break through the Kven and bring down the pace of Geralt, otherwise it would be pure cheating, so that Kven would also give immunity from stunning ... I also note about the video that the golem, with a powerful blow to the ground, strikes a double blow , because if you stand a little further from the "epicenter" of this very blow, then GG will only knock down the kven, but will not cause damage in any way, just to confirm, he conducted his own experiment, being the 4th level and having 44 spell powers, went to the witches tree , found a foggun, in my memory they are 24 levels, my kven absolutely completely blocked all damage, no kven, instant death,even from a phantom ...

Z
ZlobnyDed 27.01.21

Bupycop
I don't even know whether to be surprised or angry .. The video clearly shows that the golem pierced the kven and caused 90% damage. With one blow, not two. He did not kill me only because at that moment I was already level 46, when I ran past being level 41 or 42, he killed me right through the kven. This clearly proves the fallacy of your theory that "if you are even level 1, and the enemy is 70, and he hits you through the kven, then you will not even die." I propose to put an end to this, because we are pushing water in a mortar)

Z
ZlobnyDed 27.01.21

Bupycop
Damn, it's ugly to add comments .. I will repeat for the tenth time - in this case the golem was an example only because I remember where to look for it. Yes, and he inflicts exactly one blow, everything that is nearby can be called a splash, if close - a direct hit. These are the ones that inflict damage. Any other opponent can do damage through the sign in the same way. Offhand I can recall the archigryphon commissioned by the condottier. With one flap of its wing, it punched through the Kven and dealt awesome damage.

B
Bupycop 27.01.21

ZlobnyDed
In the video, and without the video, I already know that such an attack by a golem visually looks like one blow, but in fact 2 damage takes place, one at the moment the hands touch on the hitbox and the second at the moment of hitting the ground and knocking back. You can check my theory after receiving damage from a normal attack of a golem, in fact, I already proved the opposite, my difference with the fogger was 20 levels, the power of spells was not much, and he did not deal more than one damage to me, being protected by a kven. I can repeat the same experiment, being naked, if your theory was correct, I would receive at least some damage, even if protected. Again, check the enemy's normal (basic attack) attack. And here's another piece of evidence, a Gargoyle near a burnt-out village with ghosts, I don't remember what level it is, but it's also about 20 ... I'm completely naked, having 20% ​​spell power, without any skills, on the difficulty "to death" I made several screenshots, with her different attacks, namely (jump from the sky), (foot stamp). Pay attention to the damage received in excess (22k) with only 3800hp ...
Spoiler

A
ARONDIT 27.01.21

ZlobnyDed
With a simple passage, I always swing this perk, but in NG + for some reason it never works! in any version of the game!

Z
ZlobnyDed 27.01.21

Bupycop
Okay, I won't argue, there is still no way to experiment right now. I will assume that you are right)

Z
ZlobnyDed 27.01.21

ARONDIT Free
version? In this case, you need to download the repack, there were errors in several additions and patches, which were then fixed. This is just one of them. Sometimes I get scared from these numbers. On Skellig, more than 114 thousand flew out of the Armored Glavoglaz. I didn't notice this before

G
Geralt of Blaviken 27.01.21

and no one knows how to maximize this chance? well, like 6 percent from the skill and 10 from the sword of the flaming rose and that's it? I'm just going to build a build with this skill or through crit hits and now I want to know if it's worth it in general to take on this business.