3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RomanDII 27.01.21 05:03 pm

Diablo II voiceovers from different studios. Are we feeling nostalgic? :) (Diablo 2)

Which one will you choose?)

Translation example from 8BiT

34 Comments
Sort by:
R
RomanDII 27.01.21

Translation example from 7Wolf

R
RomanDII 27.01.21

Example of translation from Fargus

R
RomanDII 27.01.21

An example of translation from Uncle Risech

R
RomanDII 27.01.21

Translation example from Triada

R
RomanDII 27.01.21

Sample translation from the Russian project

W
Wsvc 27.01.21

If you do not take into account the original, then of the above examples of voice acting, the most successful option, in my opinion, is a translation from 8BiT

r
rambler87 27.01.21

Chinese editions were interesting or there on eng only if someone knows)

f
firkax 27.01.21

Akara Triad Top

F
FludoTron 27.01.21

Nice topic, like.

S
Sweety_Mustard 27.01.21

Fargus Topchik, Varriva's monologue really immediately evokes associations with the asylum keeper - but at least they try to play. And then the phrase of Keshi performed by 8bit "The religious nursing community welcomes you" is pronounced in the voice of a salesman who sells a super vacuum cleaner.

firkax
Because there it is voiced by a man?

In general, in order to understand - the majority of game developers, even little-known and small ones (like the deceased three), invite pros from local Hollywood, kill dozens of takes, often the creator of the Persian and his story himself directs, arguing with the actor. If you think that this is unnecessary and pointless - use lohallization - and I have long preferred subtitles.

R
RomanDII 27.01.21

Sweety_Mustard wrote:
Because there she is voiced by a man?
maybe smoked a lot))

f
firkax 27.01.21

Sweety_Mustard
do not know what your voice Kashii not like it, I think the rules (in fact, I have a very 8bit voice and I think it is the best)
he text of the appeal a little bit strange, but it is the translators responsibility not ozvuchivateley (and in my opinion this is not a particularly important detail)

Sweety_Mustard wrote:
If you think that it is unnecessary and pointless - use lohaling - and I have preferred subtitles for a long time.
They do it for English-speaking players.
"The wrong language" is a much bigger minus than minor flaws in intonation that a high-quality (like 8bit) localized voice acting can have.
And why subtitles? I already know everything they say, but if I didn't know, I would probably understand in English. Now the voice acting is no longer for this but for the atmosphere. And for this it must be in Russian.

S
Sweety_Mustard 27.01.21

firkax wrote:
Now the voice acting is no longer for this, but for the atmosphere
firkax wrote:
And for this it must be in Russian.
In your style - 2 mutually exclusive statements. Voice acting is needed for the atmosphere - so I don’t care how these phrases sound there, even if a man speaks akaru (it's even better!); D
Subs are needed for the brain to work on imagination - and not on translation - well, at least to me. Plus, the pronunciation of native English speakers is epic fail, like a sock in the mouth - just knowing the language is clearly not enough. A Finn or an Indian speaking broken English is easier (for me) to understand.

R
RomanDII 27.01.21

firkax wrote:
and for the atmosphere,
yes, I remember my first passes. I listened to everything they say, even some rumors, and the quest ones are not only the first, but also the subsequent ones, when you return to the city and not at all because I did not understand something, but I wanted to penetrate) now I even force myself I can't, it's so boring, but there was a time ...))

R
RomanDII 27.01.21

Sweety_Mustard
well, it is important not only how it sounds, but also what the "pain" is, you just can listen to music, but the dialogues ... in any games in English I did not catch on, because I did not understand a word

f
firkax 27.01.21

Sweety_Mustard
I did not write that I do not care, I wrote that minor flaws are better than a big minus in the form of a foreign language. If the voice acting is frankly bad, then of course it's bad. But 8bit is good.
But yours is just mutually exclusive - first you write how everything is high-quality in the original and that for this you even need to abandon localization, and then the
pronunciation of English speakers is an epic fail, like a sock in your mouth

S
Sweety_Mustard 27.01.21

firkax
pronunciation yes, but I need emotions, tone of voice, etc. - and I get the content from subtitles.
There's not a minor flaws, and Aunt Tamara from the bakery - some idiots came up and asked into the microphone to read - but do not care, even though Diablo announce XD

Be there minor flaws - no one would have hired a dozen conditional Nazarov for sickly grandmother for normal voice acting, kk this is done in the 3rd varie.

S
Sweety_Mustard 27.01.21

RomanDII
and if with subs? In the original, it is simply understandable - the character is surprised, angry, etc.
There is a very good example - the latest films by Gibson. He has voice acting there on CD not in English (all sorts of Indians and others) - and he just lets the subs.
Or xs - scenes from Game of Thrones, where a very colorful character yells at the crowd in Dothraki (fictitious language) - in the original there are subs, ours in all the voice acting have thought of making a sound - and this is not even close to the original.

U
Uncle fred 27.01.21

And in what lohazalization Tyrael was ashamed of some goner, grabbing his breasts, with the words: "No! No! Don't do this !!! You just called on this world SUCH suffering, compared to which Armageddon is child's play!"?

f
firkax 27.01.21

Sweety_Mustard
you don't understand anything
try to beat the game with this voice acting