3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21 05:08 pm

Fallout4Custom.ini problem (Fallout 4)

Good day. Actually, there is a problem with this file. For the mods to work, you need to edit it, add lines. And after that, all the graphics in the game flies to a minimum, although the settings in the launcher are those that I asked. If you delete this file, the graphics in the game are displayed correctly, but the mods do not work. I don’t understand what the problem is. Two days ago I bought a new laptop and now like this. Core i3, geforce mx 330.
18 Comments
Sort by:
d
darkpromo 27.01.21

Now you don't need to edit it, all mods are installed via vortex

A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21

darkpromo Mod
Manager? I just install via nmm

s
saa0891 27.01.21

ArtemkaVeter You
do not need to register anything through NMM either, see that the read-only checkbox is not checked on the INI.

A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21

saa0891
There are no ticks on any. If you do not register, then the mods in the game are not displayed, for example, a running head, instead of a character in a suit.

A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the graphics settings do not change in the launcher! They don't fly off. But in the game the place of a tire with protectors is just a rubber circle (very low resolution), as soon as I remove two lines from this original, the graphics start working.

s
saa0891 27.01.21

ArtemkaVeter
Download the latest available version of NMM mods should work without any prescription of lines, I have more than 160 mods and everything works great.

A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21

saa0891
The latest version, I'll try to reinstall it. Do you have to download and install the mods again?

s
saa0891 27.01.21

ArtemkaVeter
https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/4?tab=files&file_id=462
All mods will remain, just download the latest version and install, you do not need to delete the old one.

A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21

saa0891
Didn't help

s
saa0891 27.01.21

ArtemkaVeter
Try to run NMM from the admin, if that doesn't help, then the fig knows if you have a repack, maybe something has been screwed up there, if you have problems with INIs.

A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21

saa0891
Yes, you are right, there is no need to add anything.
NMM does it himself, and when he does it, my Ultra turns into a piece of cocoa. If you embed the lines
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1
sResourceDataDirsFinal =
Then the graphics are corrected, but most mods stop working.

A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21

But, interestingly, only textures fly off to a minimum. Light, reflections, etc. - work.

l
longerr2007 27.01.21

ArtemkaVeter
In a personal wrote.

A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21

I am writing for those who may face the same problem.
In general, in addition to these two lines, there are two more in the Fallout4Custom.ini file, something about Display x = 0. So this is all because of them. I deleted them, left only those two lines from the post above and everything worked: both mods and graphics. But the game itself finishes them every time you go into the game. And there are two options: either edit every time, or check the read-only checkbox.

l
longerr2007 27.01.21

ArtemkaVeter
This is only your problem. You need to look further for the cause. This is how the file looks like.

A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21

longerr2007
I only had display and archive, the rest never had. Neither on this laptop nor on that one.

A
ArtemkaVeter 27.01.21

longerr2007
What is the Display section responsible for? Position on the screen?

l
longerr2007 27.01.21

ArtemkaVeter
By default, this file contains only 2 lines, you do not need to delete them.
[Display]
iLocation X = 0
iLocation Y = 0
To see the mod archives, you need these lines, do not delete them either.
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1
sResourceDataDirsFinal =
Everything else is mine.