3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
ahanovskiy 29.01.21 01:16 am

Lost resources from the settlement (Fallout 4)

Now I’ll tell you a story.
I got a strange bug.
I played about 60-70 hours, and got to level 49. Played for survival. Valentine has not yet been saved, the castle has not been captured, and has not really made any progress in the plot. He was engaged in collecting trash, flowers and pistols for sale, traded in trash.
Huge quantities of components have been accumulated, thousands of copper, hundreds of nuclear material and tens of thousands of steel and wood. Well, you get the idea.
But one terrible day I decided to try building a dog cage. As a result, of all the components, only a little wood and a hundred copper remained. Those. almost all the resources that were there are gone from the workbench.
Nobody plundered the settlement. It turned out that a dog caught in a cage was considered a game as an attacker.
In general, I do not know what the matter is, but as soon as I build a cage, after a few hours of the game, almost all the components from the workbench disappeared.
But since I played on survival then there were only 3 saves. Well, in general, I noticed it late, and I didn't have a save until the cage was built.
Here is such a setup from absent. I think it makes no sense to continue the game, tk. I cannot correct absolutely nothing.
Almost a month of playing in the evenings. Now start everything from the beginning, swing from level 1 again.
I'm shocked. There is no desire to play again. The game was released many years ago, I play from the start, but it has not passed. Probably started over 15 times already. And then again everything was gone.

There would be not 3 saves, but more - I would have lost at most a day of the game, but not a month. Thank you for being so stupid.

Question. How to hide something so that no one can pick it up?
If the settlement is looted, will only the contents of the workshop be lost? The contents of the boxes have not been touched, are they? It seems like everything remains intact in the boxes.
If you hide weapons and ammo in the workshop, will they all disappear too?
Is it true that settlers can take weapons and ammo from the workshop? I heard that they can.
In any case, I understand that it is better not to store anything in the workshop, except for weapon mods.
But can you be sure about the contents of the crates built? It seems that when attacking a settlement, boxes are not looted. Or can they also plunder?

Boxes (man-made of course) are generally available in my opinion even to settlers and other NPCs. I saw more than once how during an attack on a settlement some Struggers, or maybe even a simple settler, ran up to the box and stole weapons from there. At the same time, they steal strangely, if there are 200 carbines, then he will take all 200 carbines. Cartridges and other weapons are stolen in the same way, and in the same way everyone at once. There were 400 grenades and 60,000 cartridges for plasma lying there - and so, apparently, he will take everything at once. But what if some kind of settler know-how climbs in and steals some kind of Last Judgment or the Righteous Sovereign and the entire supply of nuclear blocks and batteries? And then it disappears somewhere or dies.
In my opinion, it's not okay that some kind of settler can climb in and take all your cartridges, or some legendary.

How to resist this at all? I do not understand. I even saw Karla-Urna climb into my box and steal shock rods from there. What if it were a shish kebab? How can you then take it away from her? What is that all about?
Well this is nonsense. You never know if everything is intact.
I tried to put a ladder in the sky and there is a box at the top. But what will prevent them from climbing the stairs? I climb like that, so they can. First, every time I dismantled the stairs so that they could not climb. But it is stupid to rearrange this ladder every time. Then he made sills in the air. Just squares of a tree at different heights. I can jump on them. And the settlers don't seem to.
But here, too, there is no confidence to be honest. For settlers often spawn on rooftops. I have no idea how they ended up there physically, they could not get there in any way. And they also have some kind of fence radius. Once I put the boxes in the air on wooden floors, at a height of about a couple of floors. And then I saw how a thief running under this structure was picking up something from the ground. It turned out that he had robbed a box that hung from 5 meters above his head and, moreover, not only hung, but stood on the floor. And he somehow through the floor and through all these meters of distance was still able to steal everything from there. For the same reason, it is useless to build deaf houses. For the settlers are thieves and can steal through a five-meter concrete wall.

In general, there is a problem and I do not know how to solve it. I really do not want to then, after a hundred hours of play, discover that again something is missing and the legendaries. Maybe there is some kind of mod for an unattainable box? That no one could stick their sticky paws in there? Tell me pliz.
8 Comments
Sort by:
a
ahanovskiy 29.01.21

And actually what on cells then? Is this not a coincidence? I didn't have any reports of attacks, like you need to protect. Is it real that the captured animal is plundering the settlement? And how to live with it?

o
oleg199966 29.01.21

ahanovskiy
I don't know what happened to you. I have pumped 3 times to 100, 60 and 120 levels. Accordingly, he also collected a lot of rubbish, and nothing was ever lost, and even more so no one stole anything from the boxes.

l
longerr2007 29.01.21

Just a fairy tale) laughed heartily)). Well, as a matter of fact, I will answer. If you are ready to install mods, set the mod to save. Then you definitely don’t have to start the game all over again. There are mods for personal use and for closing doors.

a
ahanovskiy 29.01.21

longerr2007
Well I thought 3 save would be enough. Who knew that this could happen.
As for the boxes, nothing was missing from them, only all the components disappeared from the workshop.
And what is such a mod for personal use? Explain what this means.
And it seems like you can close the box with the lock and unlock commands. It will be locked, which means, in theory, no one will be able to get into it.
And you can also make a ladder from squares hanging in the air, and jump on them to the platform above. It seems that no one has ever stolen anything from there. The settlers do not know how to jump and jump on something. And during a robbery, it seems, even the open boxes standing there are not robbed. Those. it seems to me that the looting only affects the contents of the workshop.

l
longerr2007 29.01.21

Here's an example: no one else will use the resources inside.
Spoiler

a
ahanovskiy 13.06.21

longerr2007
where to download such a mod?

l
longerr2007 23.07.21

ahanovskiy
Already nowhere, the author has deleted it from the Nexus .. although I translated it and the source should have remained.

G
Guest 24.10.21

Just so you know the same thing happened to me yesterday. I built a cage and a lot of my resources were gone from my workbench. I had 2500 copper and now it's all GONE. I think it has something to do with the cage and animals being considered attackers.