3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
george-92 29.01.21 02:09 am

Through hardships to the youtube vp09 codec

Good day!
I have been the owner of ASUS TUF GAMING laptop for almost half a year. Its characteristics are as follows:
Ryzen 5, 8GB, GTX 1650 + Vega 8
I'm not complaining about performance at all, but there is one caveat.
I took a laptop for myself to play Dead By Daylight, well, and many others to catch up, because since 2012 I have not played anything. It happened. Now I'm making up.
It made me want to upload DBD rollers to YouTube. because it’s not that I consider myself a skill, but rather just interestingly and competently in this or that situation.
In general, the initial idea is to upload skating rinks to YouTube and then throw links to people. Suddenly, please them, and indeed, as a keepsake.
My screen is Full HD, and I can't hope for more than 1080p recording via Shadow Play.
I see the source is good, well, very good. Not a single pixel, not a single leaking architecture. Well, in fact - YouTube gives the video the avc1 codec, and, what is remarkable, even at 1080p settings, terrible drawdowns, well, a very low-quality picture, radically different from the source, which I recorded at 1080p 60 fps and bitrate 50. I tried to record through shadow play in both 2K and 4K, he still only records 1080p for me, what a bully.
Googling, in general, this is the case, I found out that the videos have to be rendered. How unpleasantly surprised I was when vegas pro 13 showed me that it would take 4 hours for a 20 minute video. I looked from YouTube how and what to set up, after which, yes, I saw 4 hours. Well, I think, nafig it is necessary. This is an unrealistic load on the processor and video card, right?
I looked at how the videos look on the phone - almost like the source. I do not understand why.
On the phone it is dark, but normal quality, on the laptop it is light and pixelated.
Demolished the 13th Vegas. I downloaded it, it seems, on rutor
It should be 15 or 16, either Adobe Premiere or movavi. It's just a matter of finding them.
A sidekick at work says: "I only know two normal trackers, these are nnmclub and rutracker, but this is the first time I hear about your rutor."
Well, I went to this nnm, the assortment from the rutor is no different. Also, somewhere, someone caught viruses, somewhere else something else does not work.
There are also enough of these videos with links on YouTube. I don’t know who to believe.
Does any of you understand? Could you help with advice on what to do specifically now? What is better and how long, the load on the processor and video card, will the rendering process take?
I just need to achieve vp09 codec. The difference between the source and what is uploaded to YouTube is unreal. 1080p on YouTube is brazenly gobbled up, squeezed and squeezed almost jackally.
I can throw off the video, of course, this is not discussed. Comparing with what is on a smartphone is also not difficult.
5 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 29.01.21

george-92
george-92 wrote:
... radically different from the source that I recorded ...
YouTube compresses video to save space - depending on the quality and resolution of the uploaded video, there will be more or less compression. The resolution also depends on what quality the uploaded video will then be available - the higher it is, the higher the bitrate will be. Maybe recoding to VP9 will improve the situation a little, but if it takes so long, is it necessary, given the fact that YouTube will still "cut" the quality?
... tried to record through shadow play in both 2K and 4K, he still 1080p for me ...
If in the game the resolution is 1080p and the video is recorded in 4K, the quality will not be much better, you will get a "stretching" of a lower resolution to a higher one. Set in some game the resolution is lower than that of the monitor and will be approximately the same - the greater the difference in resolutions, the worse the image quality.

g
george-92 29.01.21

SonyK_2
I rendered yesterday, and it became much better. Although there are micro-pixels, mostly for some reason they are only on the character, the environment is clean. But as far as I understood, it didn't give me vp09

L
Lex-one 29.01.21

george-92
Try to write via obs, if it doesn't let you deliver 4k, turn on dsr, set the resolution of monica to 4k, in the obs settings it is also 4k, apply save, exit. Take away dsr, you can record all the gameplay in 4k.
You can also stream in 4k.

d
dilat 29.01.21

george-92
Through OBS, everything is quietly upscaled to any resolution. For vp09, 2k resolution is enough. Processing a video on YouTube takes about 2-3 days

g
george-92 29.01.21

dilat
Lex-one
It was worth the wait and YouTube gave the coveted codec and 1440r.
In general, better than it was before,
here is the result:
What horror YouTube gave before, also on the channel. Completely redo. It is already clear how to render.