3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Hunter-hunter 29.01.21 02:18 am

Your impressions (The Waylanders)

Your impressions
4 Comments
Sort by:
Y
Ymbx 07.02.22

The game is too raw. During the first three hours of the game, I ran into the following:

- One of the characters of the party could not go further - as if he had hit a glass wall. He was then teleported to the others in the next dialogue scene.

- Another character was stuck and couldn't move at all. I had to load an early save

- Health after the battle is not restored on normal difficulty, although according to the description it should. Healers are definitely needed in the group.

- Warriors do not use skills that consume rage in Aggressive mode - you need to control them manually by clicking on a specific enemy.

- Sometimes the party, even in Aggressive mode, does not attack the enemy at all, which is standing and hitting them. Needs to be manually controlled

- You can not select a character who has just joined the party. He runs around but does not stand out with the mouse, his portrait does not appear and he is not in the party.

Not bugs, but greatly spoils the impression. I have not seen such problems in modern RPGs for a long time

- If there is a dialogue scene before the battle, then after it the characters in the party are "mixed". For some reason, throwing casters and archers into the midst of enemies and leaving warriors behind.

- Can't skip scripted dialogue scenes. Only 10-15% of replicas

- The font in the dialogues is too small

- If a character cannot equip an item due to class restrictions, then the item is not displayed in the inventory - just an empty cell when hovering over which a description of what is there appears.

- When buying things, there is no way to compare the item from the merchant with what the character is wearing - it is very inconvenient if you need to understand whether it is worth buying.

- You can not adjust the distance between the party members (so that the tanks are in front and the casters are archers at some distance behind). Everyone goes into battle in droves.

The general impression is that you should not take it until they fix it. The release quality is much lower than even the earliest access Baldurs Gate 3. Reviews comparing the game with Dragon Age greatly exaggerate

S
St_Slave 07.02.22

It would have been better to stay in early access, and even better just not see this game ... I had high hopes, but as a result, it is not possible to play this misunderstanding. And do not see the words of the developers that "... We were inspired by the DAO., blah..blah.." . Here and close not DAO.
The game is literally bad in everything, but I would especially like to highlight:
- A miserable plot that is fed through the ass (in vain they fired Chris Avelon);
- Terrible Russian localization;
- Terrible control (although you set the camera speed to the maximum, turning the camera is still not convenient)
- Narrow gut-like locations;
- Leveling is 3 active skills and 2 passives? And that's it!? As a professional builder, I am extremely indignant. The combat itself is also "buggy. Sometimes your characters just stand near the enemies. In addition, the existing active skills need to be "squeezed" every 3 seconds, like in some online masturbation (otherwise you won't kill the enemy); And your party members won't want to use their active skills on their own. Therefore, you have to unreasonably often use an active pause.
- Dialogues ... Well, this is just the "icing on the cake." Not only is the font small and eye-catching. You also don't normally "skip through" the dialogue. You need to "clamp" mouse, not just click, which adds minutes of "entertaining" gameplay;
In general, I had enough for an honest 2 hours. More my nerves could not stand this mockery. Deleted with great pleasure.

k
kurskiy 07.02.22

In vain the release was announced, it is still in early access and still be. Too unfinished in almost every aspect.

n
nvidia311988 18.03.22

Well, emae, why are you so upset, but I hoped so ((