3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
livepo 08.02.21 12:46 pm

Seems to have chosen the wrong archetype. Should you start over? (Disco Elysium)

It should be said right away that he is not strong in such games. I played for about an hour, I liked the game, I will definitely continue to play, but I seem to have screwed up with the initial choice of the archetype. I chose The Thinker, and now, at any opportunity, the encyclopedia throws off explanations and historical references that I am not particularly interested in reading (even rather not at all interesting). During this hour, it was much more fun for me to choose ridiculous remarks during conversations, and to fool the interlocutors, this apparently means that I should have chosen "Medium". The question is, is it worth starting anew (which I really don't want to do), for "Medium", or is it not so critical?
4 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrei YP 08.02.21

livepo
This affects the success and availability of abilities. I personally did not choose a ready-made archetype, but set it up myself. I made a middle one, putting all the basic skills at 3 and chose a couple of abilities that were more interesting to me. There are no problems, I have already made good progress in the passage. All the time there will be something missing, the main thing is to look at the level up which ability you need in order to complete this or that quest. If you are interested in ridiculous remarks, then you probably should have chosen a fool who, apart from strength and dexterity, has developed nothing. Play as you like, all quests can be completed in several ways.

X
Xndr DeKoz 16.02.21

I can reboot due to the wrong answer of the nps))

w
wintermute322 16.02.21

I generally tweaked a bit with a trainer so that the average skill was not 3-3-3-3, but 5-5-5-5, then it immediately becomes more interesting to play, electrochemistry with an encyclopedia begins to swear in my head, rhetoric pulls seeeeeer, logic requires not listen to brute force, and so on. Almost every NPC reply has some kind of stat reaction and it is interesting to read them.

h
hybrid map 21.10.22

The topic is old, but I'll still speak out, mb someone will see and come in handy.
I also played as a thinker and also at the beginning of the game I doubted "maybe I should have chosen a medium?", but in the end I played well and liked everything. Each archetype has its own jokes, each is worth attention. Maybe on the contrary it is worth choosing a non-standard course of the game for yourself? I think it's more interesting.
In general, I think so, if you blindly chose an archetype, and then thought that it was “not mine”, then it’s probably worth starting over with a different archetype. And if you initially somehow tried to choose an archetype, then no matter what, continue to play for it.