3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Spiny 08.02.21 07:50 pm

Unauthorized decrease or increase in sound ...

A strange problem appeared, but what I found on the internet did not work for me. I sit most often in headphones and set the sound to somewhere around 20% + But the sound increases and decreases without permission. Windows 10 Pro (license), version 2004. Tried to update sound drivers in Device Manager (Sound, game and video devices), did not help. In the sound parameters in the "Communication" tab there is "no action required". I even manually updated the driver by downloading it from the manufacturer's website. There is no separate sound card, I use the built-in motherboard. My motherboard is MSI Krait Z370. My headphones are a hybrid, maybe on Akum and on a wire, but I'm sitting through the wire. Headphones are connected via USB. This was not the case before.
11 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 08.02.21

Spiny
Check the functionality on ordinary headphones or speakers with a 3.5 mm jack. Something seems to me that you need to look for the reason first in connecting USB sound.
If the change is downward, then look in the software settings (Programs for sound that are installed) "Prevent clipping" and Dynamic preamp (Dynamic Preamp).
For me, after adjusting the Equalizer without checking the "Prevent clipping" checkbox, the sound fades, because. there is an overload. And with a tick ON - it gradually decreases to Minus in dB (Decibels) until the "overload" caused by the equalizer setting is completely eliminated.
Maybe a similar mechanism works in your software.
Therefore, it is better to check on a clean system or with the sound software turned off and with a 3.5 mm connection (minijack).

S
Spiny 08.02.21

Ryazancev I turned on the
usual speakers and sat just waiting, looking at vidyashki in YouTube and once from 100 it crawled somewhere 80+. The speakers are ordinary, through a minijack. There was a problem recently. Before that, I did not change anything like that.

R
Ryazancev 08.02.21

Spiny
Is there any software with the drivers? There is a high probability that preamplification, normalization, dynamic preamplification, clipping limitation are on in the settings. The very clean system with stock Windows drivers does not seem to suffer from this. But for every fireman and in it all the test enhancers should be turned off (Spatial sound, etc.).
If the limiting mechanism for lowering the sound volume due to "overload" is working, then you can try to monitor the third-party sound program "Peak Indicator". Normally, the strip should not hammer into the red zone - the value is ZERO DB (it should not jump to + DB, but should be in minus values)!
And further.
Try to test from the rear 3.5mm connector, which is on the back of the motherboard. T.K. not in all motherboards the headphone jack is equipped with an amplifier in the audio path, and the connection to the case is still responsible for the quality of the analog signal transmission, which may also be incomprehensible. In general, the front panel for headphones is a sore subject.

S
Spiny 08.02.21

Ryazancev
Realtek and some other Nahimic microring device are installed from the drivers. But I did not install it myself, however, as I said, I tried to update the drivers manually and went to MSI and found my board and downloaded the audio drivers. The file contained 2 drivers, Realtek and this Nahimic. Headphones unless I use my own software, Logitech G-Hub. The speakers are initially stuck in the rear panel. And where exactly to look at the preamp?

R
Ryazancev 08.02.21

Spiny
Well, you have THREE third-party softwares (including the Realtek driver). On a clean one, when Windows 10 itself puts sound drivers with the absence of this whole crap - the problem should go away. In theory. I wrote about it in the first post! Well, maybe the third time will come ?!

S
Spiny 08.02.21

Ryazancev
I am from Realtek, Nakhimik and G-Hub personally installed only G-Hub myself. And everything else was established by itself. The chemist, more precisely, it seems, with the proposal of the installation, he probably got out, but I don't remember. However, the problem only appeared a few days ago. I will try to remove Nahimic and observe the situation.

R
Ryazancev 08.02.21

Spiny
I will repeat it for the fourth time!
You need a clean Windows 10. It will already be with the sound driver installed.
EVERYTHING.
You don't need to install any shit if you can't give it a fret.
If you got out recently, then there may have been an automatic update of some sound software.

S
SPR1GGAN 08.02.21

Does the Spiny
keyboard have a volume control?

S
Spiny 08.02.21

SPR1GGAN
Yes. Yes, by the way, there may be a joke in this. Since my keyboard is also from Logitech G510s and the G-HUB does not see the keyboard, there I cannot configure the buttons, etc. I downloaded the old program, Logitech Gaming Software and there the keyboard is determined, I can use it 100%.

S
SPR1GGAN 08.02.21

Spiny,
I would dance from Claudia, since randomly changing the volume is programmatically, as it is unlikely, but if the button is short or stuck, all the time

S
Spiny 08.02.21

SPR1GGAN
But I'm confused right now. To be honest, I never used this twist. I have always used Logitech Gaming Software for a very long time, but it is outdated and no longer updated, I switched to another program from Logitech, G-HUB. I did not find Claudia there. And this first of all hit the G buttons (and their 18 buttons and 3 profiles) and the backlight. However, there are also keys such as play / pause, stop and pre. / Next music, and they worked even when I was sitting only with the G-HUB. But the spinner did not give me a crash without Gaming Software, having installed it began to rave ...