3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Satick 16.02.21 12:43 pm

Game Impression (Valheim)

I opened the game in 2021 - I was horrified, everything is square and has not yet been properly optimized. The witches are a little shocked)
41 Comments
Sort by:
S
Spiny 06.03.21

I bought the game and did not regret it. Although Scandinavian mythology is not very interesting to me, the game came out good. I will not spoil myself and understand everything myself. Because I understand the game itself is surprising and addictive. I'm interested in leveling RPG games. And here there are not even the initial open skills, they appear gradually with action. Jumped and discovered the jumping skill, climbed into the water and opened the swimming skill. The game is full of mystery. I wouldn’t say that the game is difficult, but I’m still on 2 bosses, ancient. I was wearing a set of leather armor and with a bow of 3 improvements, and the arrows were standard wood and fire. But while I was running to the ancient, I decided to open a hunt for trolls for their skin and broke the bow by about 50%, I did not have enough for the ancient. I play 1 and develop as much as I can ... like the game.

N
Nighthawkreal 06.03.21

Spiny It is
advised to set fires on the battlefield as a minefield. )

N
Nighthawkreal 06.03.21

Capellimestari
It is especially fun to sail to a distant island at night, stumble upon a draugr and fly off to the rep, leaving both junk and a boat on the distant shores. And if you "swim and leave", then God forbid the excitement begins - you will swim Loki knows where.

N
Nikita KL 06.03.21

I bought the game knowingly and played about 15-16 hours in the game. It is really addictive even when you play alone, but if with friends, then it's just a bomb. Physics in this game is the same at a good level.

d
digitalkid 09.03.21

Passed through. It was a cool adventure right to the very end. The release will be chic.
SpoilerHe arranged a ceremony for himself with the hanging of the last skull at the altars. Then at dawn he returned, and sat on the throne at the table to wait for Odin to take him to Valhalla.

Even threw the campaign, gat)

N
Nighthawkreal 09.03.21

Are there any means of protecting the base at all? And then I'm afraid to beat the second boss - they say the invasion of the base will begin.

i
insel260 09.03.21

Well, I don't know why everyone admires her so much?
No tutorial, no adequate interaction with objects, strange mining mechanics ...
The very first thing that comes across in the game is a raven who says: "Well, the guy, so as not to die, you would have to devour!" and a rat in feathers flies away. And what to eat? raspberries from the bushes? Yeah, one berry was enough for the evening. Doped raspberries, go crazy! Well, I filled up, further, in the bushes of the boar. 2 blows and debris throughout the forest ... Well, to hell with that, I found a piece of wild boar meat 50 meters from its murder. And what to do with him? In the description, they say - first fry. And How? How to make a fire in general? There is a torch, there is firewood. It seems to be logical to throw firewood and set fire to ... But no, we are Vikings !!! First, we make an ax, follow it with a hammer. And only after that we can craft a fire ... Okay, we crafted it. We are already dying from the cold, at night, but the glory of Odin does not want to eat (one raspberry has not yet been digested). They made a fire, but here's a joke, you can only throw firewood into it. Climbing in the wretched crafting menu, we find a cooking rack. All sorted out with the havchik. It's just not clear why it is needed, if one raspberry is enough for the whole day and half a night, and all the pockets are filled with raspberries ...

A feathered creature arrives, and says, they say you need to put a workbench. You're so, okay, workbench. You climb into the inventory, into the crafting section - hell is there, it's not there. You think of it, switch to the hammer and go to its crafting section (why it was impossible to combine all this? I'm afraid how many menus will be in the future ...). We have crafted a workbench, but we cannot use it, because, as it turns out, it must be under the roof ... In short. Then I stopped playing.

I'm afraid that at this rate, by 60 hours of the game, in order to build a house, you will need to be overlaid with crafting menus. Yes, so that would spam the entire screen. And how inconvenient it all works ... To cancel the action, please go back to the menu and press the hammer. IDIOCY!!! Is it difficult to attach the cancel button? I had enough for 15 minutes of the game.

Summing up, I will say the following: I did not like the pixel graphics. I understand, here it is for an amateur, there are hundreds of thousands of minecraft trudge. But I like the more modern graphics. The mechanics of mining and crafting - well, I've never seen worse. Although it resembles the early alpha of Forest, even there everything was fine with the tutorial. Itself to run and understand at the very beginning of the game - well, this is not a survival simulator, so I don't want to. In short. I didn't like the game. I didn't like the curvature of the interaction mechanic. Even though the game is in Early Access, it could have been done better. For comparison, at least the same Forest, at least the same ARC or Medival. The game is crap.

PS In the elite, even then the entry threshold is less than here with the description of the action after the action itself ...
So no thanks. Thank Odin for not buying it. If you want a quality survival grinder, I have ARK and Medival. At least it is interesting to play in them.

PPS From the soap, the eyes begin to hurt already at 1 minute of the game. At 2 minutes, when chopping a tree, blood from the pixels pours from the eyes. But it is worth looking to the side and seeing the soap, it allows it a little, and it just stings in the eyes. Pixel soap. I hope there will never be similar games (in terms of graphics).

Valheim: soapy-pixel gouge-out. 3 out of 10 score, higher score does not deserve.

N
Nighthawkreal 12.03.21

insel260
Complex nutrition is important here - if you eat three units of different food, it will give a powerful boost to health and stamina.

m
majk-vasilevich 12.03.21

Oleg 78-2020
Trolls do not swim to me)

S
SGate 12.03.21

insel260
Some children present. If you've been stupid about how to craft fire for a long time, then such games are definitely not for you. Play magic and regenerate in cover. There they will tell you what to press, where to go, where to look, what to take, how to be, where to sail.
He also compares with the forest, where at the beginning of the development they did not know at all what they were doing and in which direction they were moving. In Walhelm, everything is clear, this is a finished game, now, like the Sims, it will simply be overgrown with content.

i
insel260 12.03.21

SGate
Yes, it infuriates the fact that you have already performed the action, figured it out, but a raven arrives and says - here's a hint, you need to do this and that. Why the hell did he suffer himself then, if after completion they give a hint?

C
Creveto4ka 19.03.21

Rust at maximum speed

s
soloveu_94 19.03.21

The game is very good. Yes, maybe the graphics component is not at a very high level, but as the owner of a weak PC, it's a sin to complain about the graphics. The optimization is great. You need to play in co-op with your friends, as in solo you will get tired of the grind of resources. And it's a lot of fun with friends, you load equipment onto the ship and go on a hike for metal and silver. You find a new biome, build a transshipment base and take down everything that is bad there. Ore to the ship and everything that can be transferred through the teleport to the main base. And forward on a sea adventure to their native lands, along the way, experiencing an attack of kites and a storm. The building system in the game is good. And it is quite easy to build large Longhouses. The game itself highlights the quality of the support / wall / roof - showing its "tenacity and stability". Yes first
By combining all of the above and keeping an eye on the "stability" during construction, you are quite capable of building your masterpiece.
At this stage, when a building is destroyed, all the building material spent on it is returned (which, IMHO, is acceptable for such foundations as walls, roofs, beams, etc., but too cheating for all smelters and machine tools), so you can use any moment to rebuild what went crooked.
Ps. The most dangerous enemy at the beginning of the game is the tree you cut down)

s
soloveu_94 19.03.21

w
woumir 19.03.21

The game is excellent despite the squareness of the graphics in 2021, of course there are glitches, but everything is fine.

T
The_Igromator 20.04.21

I haven't been so stuck in any game for a long time. I really love games with an emphasis on co-op and collaboration. Here, the cooperative passage fits perfectly into the setting. I was never interested in Scandinavian mythology, Viking culture, etc., but immediately I completely immersed myself in this atmosphere. Since my friend and I started playing since the era of games on 8-bit Dendy, pixel graphics only intensify the atmosphere of old school. And the similarity of graphics with the old PS1 games for us is very, very much gone. It’s hard to believe that only 5 people are doing all this.
Everything develops in such a way that the further you move away from your initial point of appearance, the stronger the enemies - therefore, you need better equipment, etc. You open more and more new craft and thus you can go even further. The system of partals was not done in vain, but it was perfectly correct. Indeed, for development, for example, from wood and stone, you need tin, etc., but you cannot drag ore through the portals, therefore you need to manually load it onto the ship and take it to the base.
Pros:
- Co-op
- Different mobs and biomes
- A lot of crafting and equipment
- The ability to terafarm the landscape
- Exploration of dungeons and caves
- A procedurally generated world that allows the game to gain endless replay value
Played for 75 hours and at the same time we do not try to open everything in the shortest possible time. We fish or sit stupidly by the fire, hunt, etc.

The only big drawback is the friezes, but that's what we thought. that they happen at the moment when something appears or is loaded in the world. A friend's computer is not as powerful as mine and he has more friezes. On my part, there are almost no friezes, except for those where peace is preserved.

X
Xarrisaf 05.08.21

insel260
It is from this and admiration. People do not have enough hardcore, unknown. Now all games tinker with the players like with babies, and only a few throw their muzzles into the manure and leave them to figure it out.

Tutorial? I am now looking for hardware for the first time, I have not been either on the forums or on shared servers, as it is interesting myself. So far, no tutorial was needed. The ancient one has already leaked, mosquitoes are not a problem.

About graphics. The problem is that there is an interactive landscape, any object above the character creates a canopy. With modern graphics, this would just overheat the graphics of the card.

X
Xarrisaf 05.08.21

The_Igromator
at the time of saving.

d
digital kid 05.05.22

In short, I have Walheim now like an on-duty game. I start a game with an interesting and complex map and slowly play it for several months when I have free time. I don’t even use teleports, the process is so slow and meditative. Relax, swim for half an hour somewhere, admire the views, sail, fill the hold with resources and back. Well, or you arrange some kind of sorties.

Even it seems like the 4-5th batch is already going through like this and it’s not even a pity to drain it. And the situations are just tough every time .. yesterday I ran aground right behind the giant and tried for 5 minutes with matyuks to push this boat back into the water until the bluish one turned around))

a
ahanovskiy 14.05.22

Walheim is a good game. Perfect for those who like a leisurely game at night in a relaxed atmosphere.
But IMHO, for most ordinary people, this game is not suitable. People lack perseverance, they are bored with chopping trees, pumping skills, hauling ore in a cart, thinking through their actions in advance, sorting resources into chests, growing carrots in the garden and farming ingredients for food.
IMHO in this game it all depends on skills, food, equipment and the ability to play.
Too lazy to pick mushrooms, berries, farm ingredients, grow root crops in the garden and breed wild boars? Then you will die on cd.
And if you die, then your skills are fucked. But those who have skills pumped by 10-15% out of 100 topics do not understand. And skills really matter. With skill, a flint spear will deal even more damage than a bronze spear. Yes, even stronger than iron! At the same time, silicon will be even lower than the level. Don't believe? Well check out the lvl 3 flint damage at 100% skill and the lvl 4 iron spear damage at 0% skill. Average damage is 27-32 vs 18-40.
Therefore, if you haven’t upgraded all skills to 100%, including swimming, stealth, jumping, pickaxes, etc., then you haven’t played Walheim! Run and forget.