3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Loaf of bread 16.02.21 12:46 pm

Gaming laptop or ps5

It took it into your head to buy a nitro 5 gaming laptop to play Rainbow Six Siege, and then tired of playing on ps 4, or wait for ps 5? what are the pitfalls of "gaming" laptops
9 Comments
Sort by:
P
Podvipodvertov 16.02.21

Loaf of bread
Neither one nor the other at the moment can be purchased without overpaying several times for these devices.
On the laptops, they have now begun to mine, and, accordingly, to buy up in large quantities, and everything that remains has jumped in price at times.
And Playstation is simply not available in stores, and most likely they will not be available until mid-2022 - by that time, they may be able to establish their production. Now Playstation can only be bought from outbids at inflated prices, for example by giving 150K rubles instead of the recommended 49,999 rubles.

P
Protocol10 16.02.21

A loaf of bread
what are the pitfalls of "gaming" laptops

small screen
inconvenient keyboard
overheating
lack of upgrade options

x
xxDiabloNeroxx 16.02.21

Podvipodvertov
Asus is on the rise of 4800 and since 2060 is in the region of 80-90k, so there are no inadequate prices for them now. Rather, it is even more profitable to take them now than to assemble a PC, but you have to put up with noise and heat. But devices with 30xx are now yes, while overpricing. However, based on the fact that consoles are now available only from outbids at inadequate prices, it is better to buy a laptop.

x
xxDiabloNeroxx 16.02.21

A loaf of bread
The main pitfalls are overheating and throttling, almost all inexpensive laptops suffer from this. Partially solved by software undervolting (on the shelf itself and idle Acer Predator on i7 7700HQ and full-fledged not MAX-Q GTX 1060 6GB - it heats up like a knot, and even in the WASD area, and there is a magnesium alloy substrate - fingers burn in demanding games, this is not to mention the noise at maximum speed, and this was the only adequate option with adequate cooling for your money at that time, in the rest of the laptops there were either MAX-Q versions of the video card, or 3 gig ones, or they were on i5, or they had sloppy cooling, so after a year of use I decided to rebuild the PC).

S
Spiny 16.02.21

I'm still for a PC and a PC, not a laptop. For laptops, the processors are still cut, less frequency. Video cards may be fine, but I have an RTX 2080 Ti with 3 fans and its size is not small. As in the laptops, everything is exactly arranged, I somehow do not understand very well. There is much less space, normal cooling is carried out ... In a PC there is a whole free case (if it is, of course, not minimal), but in a large case you can not just fit everything, but also live there. But the minus of the PC is its assembly. It is its own assembly, it's even some kind of hell. You can certainly buy some ready-made assemblies with 30xx and i9, but I definitely can't vouch for the adequacy of the assemblies.

L
Loaf of bread 16.02.21

Thanks for the answers.

w
winjoo 16.02.21

Spiny
Well, it depends on which side you look at. If you have the knowledge and desire to build a PC yourself, then this option is preferable. Yes, I think even if there is no assembly experience, you can probably find a lot of resources and videos with instructions on the topic on the Internet, I don't think this is such a big problem, if I wanted to. In any case, it will be more practical than a laptop or console with the same performance.

S
Subaru MotorSports 16.02.21

Loaf of bread
https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/gejming_na_videokartah_umret_cherez_neskolko_let-1000683/#comment-19011479

N
NUB_007 16.02.21

Peka-foreva !! 1