3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dgon86region 22.02.21 02:04 am

Periodic Departures (RAGE 2)

People need help !!! We handed out the game in EGS, of course, took it away (after reading reviews, I certainly wouldn't buy it). But the game crashes at random moments (glory to the eggs has not yet crashed in battle). It can crash in an hour, an hour and a half or two hours of play. This is of course not very critical, but it is a little annoying. What could be the reason and how to fix it? I play on ultra settings in a resolution of 1920 × 1080

PC specifications: Windows 10 20H2; Ryzen 5 3500; DDR4 16GB 3000MHz; Gtx 1660 Super 6Gb
16 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 22.02.21

dgon86region
How much video memory eats?
It should be no more than 6 GB.

d
dgon86region 22.02.21

Ryazancev
I don't know for sure, but now I went in and ran a little on the diagram in the manager about 3 GB with kopecks (in MSI Afterburner I could not find where to display the video memory load)

d
dgon86region 22.02.21

Ryazancev
Found in MSI Afterburner, 3400 Downloads

d
dgon86region 22.02.21

Just to clarify, the drivers are fresh, the temperature of the processor and the video card is within normal limits

R
Ryazancev 22.02.21

dgon86region
Monitor while video memory consumption. At the same time, include the swap file on the recommended one. Pay attention in this direction for now. By the method of elimination ...
Yes, God, so as not to adjust the hardware (Memory and other crap). Reisen 2 have a nasty character, give them BIOS updates and memory tuning.

d
dgon86region 22.02.21

Ryazancev
In 20 minutes I will unsubscribe as I check! Swap file included

R
Ryazancev 22.02.21

dgon86region
Look also that there was no memory leak. Do not rush to drive with monitoring for a while. Maybe the RAM is overflowing ...

d
dgon86region 22.02.21

Ryazancev
Video memory at peak, 3705 is occupied. RAM above 6.5 GB was not noticed. I checked it in different biomes and in different game situations (battle, simple, car trips, etc.)

R
Ryazancev 22.02.21

dgon86region
Play while before departure with monitoring. Afterburner is enough. By the way, while overclocking the video card, if there is, take it away, if it is not. Add a little to the turntables. All of a sudden the memory banks overheat due to thermal pads.
I hope the chipset drivers are (from the AMD website)?

d
dgon86region 22.02.21

Ryazancev I
don’t drive the card in principle, I set up the turntables when I bought it, for this reason there should not be overheating. In all games with monitoring on the temperature of the processor and vidyuhi I play. Drava only downloads from manufacturers' websites and keep track of their relevance. There is no memory leak, I checked it.

I'm still a day or so on your advice, but I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem on my part. The game was still buggy at release and most of them (bugs) remained in the game to this day.

R
Ryazancev 22.02.21

dgon86region
Yes, there may be a problem with the game. I tried it for a long time - 15 minutes and deleted it. I don't remember about departures. If everything is fine everywhere and only there are such departures. Then you shouldn't bother at all. If the system is STABLE!

d
dgon86region 22.02.21

Ryazancev
The system is stable and all games are running fine.
When I started playing this game, the crashes did not start right away either. I would have thrown it, but now there is nothing to do "without fish", but here it is at least nice to shoot.

I
Igoretzz 22.02.21

dgon86region
The same garbage, looking for a solution further ...

F
Furryboy311 28.02.21

The same problems for the RTX 2070 hardware, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16 gb ddr4 RAMs with a frequency of 3200. Every 15 minutes a random crash of the CDDD
I'm afraid this is a problem with the rendering of the volcano and the Nvidia video card, as my friend has a lower hardware, but AMD video card - not a single crash ((((
All software (D3D, VC ++, etc.) has been updated from official sites to the latest versions), I'm freaking out and don't know what to do.

By the way, I downloaded pirates in parallel ... I spent 1.5 hours of the game and there was not a single departure ...

I
Igoretzz 06.03.21

I decided)
In the game settings, set the windowed mode without borders. Vert sync to the middle position. Then anti-aliasing to a minimum. The flight is normal ...)
This is a common problem for many with departures. I found this solution on the English forum by accident somewhere.

d
dgon86region 06.03.21

Igoretzz
Thank you for reporting!)))