3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arhangel_333 30.10.19 10:23 pm

The problem with the textures on the Nover and Il (Mass Effect)

Hello! Faced problems with disappearing textures in two locations:
1. On Nover, in the complex of the Top 15. As soon as I approached the entrance - all three of my character become black and the enemies too.
http://i53.fastpic.ru/thumb/2013/0409/0c/18a884112bfc0f2282d757ec4ddf3c0c.jpeg

My iron:
AMD A10-5800K 3.8 GHz, 8Gb RAM, Radeon HD7970 3072Mb with
Windows win 7x64, drivers, DirectX and other distribution updated.
Game version: 1.02 gold Edition

As I struggled with the problem:
1. Changed the Repack and put the license
2. Put patches.
3. Updated the driver. Tried to roll back to an earlier version.
4. Changed game settings.

On offsayte wrote that it is a problem of the processors of AMD. Tried to fix like it says - nothing has changed. The problem for quite some time now, so I think there is a solution.

Prompt please how to solve the problem.
29 Comments
Sort by:
I
I still alive 30.10.19

I have yesterday the same thing happened,here is the way looking for.

C
Cvoxalury 30.10.19

And Terumi and several other planets You have no black areas on the landscape?
If Yes (probably it is), download it and replace in the folder Mass Effect\BioGame\CookedPC file RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3. The file must be from 20.07.2009.

Poured here

A
Arhangel_333 30.10.19

Cvoxalury
No, only on the Top 15, and Il. In other locations objects appear well.
A file Your something on unpacked, gives that broken.

C
Cvoxalury 30.10.19

I have downloaded unpacked back (though for a long time somehow). To update the archiver?

Although it's not the fact that will help. With a curved relegere the first thing that catches the eye is a black lava and chunks of the landscape at the same Teruma.

upd
I read the forums. Best offer — to enter into the console (enabled by editing My documents\Bioware\Mass Effect\Config\BioInput.ini, add the section Engine.Console line ConsoleKey=Tilde, includes the launch of the console when pressing ~) command viewmode unlit (off the lighting/shadows, everything is illuminated) and viewmode lit (as usual), in General the inclusion of the first team, run a problem area, the introduction of a second team. Crutch, but it seems to work.

88dementiy88 30.10.19

OO! A familiar problem, only yesterday it started to pass and the same bug came out, I thought I had one like that. You hour not the gold edition worth it?

b
brazilium 30.10.19

Surprisingly I have the gold edition was only one flight in the Elevator, after installing the patch, there were no more problems.

A
Arhangel_333 30.10.19

brazilium
And the processor what?

b
brazilium 30.10.19

The Archangel
Intel

A
Arhangel_333 30.10.19

Saw the topic, there was written that my problem only happens on AMD processors.

b
brazilium 30.10.19

Архангел_333
patches under AMD need

A
Arhangel_333 30.10.19

Where can I find it, will not prompt?

A
Atay Wolverine 30.10.19

And I have a glitch with coriantum on Nover, who before the entrance to the garage.
During a conversation with him the game freezes.

A
Arhangel_333 30.10.19

Athy Wolverine
The latest patch is?

A
Atay Wolverine 30.10.19

Архангел_333
I have version 1.2.

A
Arhangel_333 30.10.19

Ah! It is that mechanic! Well, don't talk to him! Nah you need! Help Lorik Kiinu with Binary helix. The output will fit Jana Parasini and will offer you to convince Lorik to testify against Analuisa. Convince Turanza (a bit pantazidou). Analisa tie, Jana will give you a pass. Everyone is happy! Skip go past his Turanza to the guard, showed the pass and you're in the garage! In the second part, on the Illium of Gian I'll buy you a beer in thanks for the help!

G
GamEr 30.10.19

Found another more or less acceptable solution. The problem is not out, but the characters will have at least the form. And the fact that they are black - I tolerated.

Karoch.
Looking for the file BIOEngine.ini in the folder My documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Config\
Open
Are you searching for section [Engine.GameEngine].
There are looking for a place bUsePostProcessEffects=True , and instead of True put False .
Persistent.
What we did was cut off the whole of postprocessing (bloom+Depth of Field + color + noise)
Will:
http://s005.radikal.ru/i210/1306/f5/47e8dc5f0970.jpg

IMHO, but I think the game even looks better. :)))

J
James Stinger 30.10.19

And came across the Board with lighting effects removes. In General, in the console enter the viewmode to unlit texture all come back, just shut off the lighting effects.
Much more comfortable and do not need to remove and remake.

b
brazilium 30.10.19

James Stinger
what did you have the lights in the settings?

J
James Stinger 30.10.19

brazilium
everything on max, nothing changed, and Yes, I will add it as it even helped. I honestly don't know what happened, a couple of times I restart the game and all was fine. It is simply surprising.

g
griha311 30.10.19

In the game to bring up the console and write viewmode unlit