3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vftor 22.02.21 03:32 am

How can I change the difficulty level during the game? (Metro 2033: Redux) (Metro 2033)

I'm playing on Spartan-Normal difficulty. In the passage of "Battle on railcars" because of the stupid control of the machine gun I can not go further.
I found a save on the Internet, but it's on Survival-Ranger Hardcore difficulty. From this save put the save (18) on the next stage of the "Depot" and began to play further, but on the difficulty Survival-Ranger Hardcore. How do I change the difficulty level to Spartan-Normal?
Or where can I find a save game on Spartan-Normal difficulty?
6 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jeff-xxx 22.02.21

Try fiddling over the user.cfg file (AppData Local 4A Games Metro 2033), for example, there are lines g_game_difficulty, g_survival_mode, ranger_mode_game, but most likely this data is also sewn into the saves themselves

v
vftor 22.02.21

Jeff-xxx
And how to open? If in a notebook, then everything is not clear.

J
Jeff-xxx 22.02.21

vftor
AkelPad normally opens

v
vftor 22.02.21

Jeff-xxx
Thank you. I'll try.

I tried it. In the config (user.cfg) there is a line g_game_difficulty 1, but nothing in it changes when loading a save of a different complexity. This means a change in the save, but there are no such lines and nothing like that. Where to change what?
And in general, I'm not a programmer. Hopefully someone will post a save on Spartan-Normal difficulty.

L
Laznbur 22.02.21

I explain the method that helped me change the difficulty level:
1. Make copies of the saves
2. Start a new game, choosing the difficulty level that you need.
3. Play out to the second location. The moment when you and Anna arrived at the station of the secret metro 2. At this location, you get to the surface for the first time.
4. You quit the game, delete the records and insert copies of the previous saves instead.
5. Enter the game again and voila! The difficulty level has changed.
Of course, the method is a little hemorrhoid. We will have to run through the D-6 bunker again. But this method is definitely working. I don’t know why the worker, but it doesn’t matter. After all, the main thing is the result.

K
Kokzhambok 22.02.21

And where are the saves themselves?