3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Allen_Rodman 28.02.21 01:52 am

Pixel lighting in most games

Good day, I have a problem. I noticed that in most of the games that I play, I have a problem with lighting, namely, it is not smooth but made with pixels.

21 Comments
Sort by:
A
Allen_Rodman 06.03.21

A
Allen_Rodman 06.03.21

S
Subaru MotorSports 06.03.21

Allen_Rodman
I finally saw, first of all, the video driver, in safe mode, remove the video driver with Display Driver Uninstaller, during the installation of the new video driver, check the box for clean installation.

Enable 16x Anisotropic Filtering.

A
Allen_Rodman 06.03.21

Subaru MotorSports
I have already demolished firewood with this program, did a clean installation of firewood. I lowered the frequencies of the card just in case. I even sinned on the swap file, but everything is useless

A
Allen_Rodman 06.03.21

Here's another example, I hope you can see.

A
Allen_Rodman 06.03.21

T
TaiberDUB 12.03.21

I personally don't notice any problem. Such textures can.

A
Allen_Rodman 12.03.21

TaiberDUB
to make it clearer I attach another screen

A
Allen_Rodman 12.03.21

A
Allen_Rodman 12.03.21

damn quality is cut here

A
Allen_Rodman 12.03.21

the point is that the textures in the vicinity are pixelated

A
Allen_Rodman 12.03.21

and so in every game, somewhere you can see more somewhere less

A
Allen_Rodman 12.03.21

I changed the settings of the vidyakhi, demolished the drivers cleanly. I put old versions of firewood. Restored Windows settings, everything was useless.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.21

some people on some outdated video cards from the low-end and middle-end segment had strange quality problems in which it seemed to be reduced somewhere at the driver level. while it probably gave a FPS boost. in some cases, the graphics can indeed be pixel artifacts, presumably at the joints of the model when illuminated from the normal mapping. I have an idea why this might be happening, but I don't remember if I came across a similar one due to the fact that I did not shy away from soap and played with the strongest anti-aliasing and the highest quality mime mapping and anisotropic filtering. there is a separate type of artifacts, it creates light pixels, breakouts at the edges of objects, and most likely this can somehow connect with post effects. I received such a bug out of stupidity, but this is a specific bug, I don't think that it is in games. using fhaa would make bright pixels more visible. with that white dots would be eaten by soap.
there is one more reason and this is the norm. this is again lighting along the normals on different surfaces to the tangent with high contrast to the light. if the monitor is large and low resolution, it should be thrown into the manhole. then it all depends on the monitor and the type of anti-aliasing. most importantly, if there is a kind of bright comb of pixels without anti-aliasing and they can be accurately found at high magnification and an image without compression, this can be it. in some cases, I came across the fact that fhaa absorbs the effect of ladders on the highlights. the solution to the problem is to use another anti-aliasing such as mssa or temporary anti-aliasing or downscaling.
maybe another problem is all sorts of light leaks, but they will appear at the joints of objects.
I would recommend trying to lower the resolution to 720p or 900 or less the better. if the pixels turn into reportable bold white dots and ladders and observe where they occur, this may be a driver bug. however, when the resolution is reduced, this may be a natural consequence of the rendering and it may be removed by the available soap of the game or not. if not it is more likely to be a bug. even if the nvidia video card in the drivers may have something about antialiasing alpha textures. it makes sense to screw it up to the maximum or turn it off, but artifacts with it should rather appear along the edges of grass foliage or something similar.

on the screen with the stove, by the way, I do not see anything extraneous on the grafon. if we are talking about a light strip in the shadow and a dark ring of the burner, most likely this is an artifact with light leakage when shadows are blurred. this is the norm of the modern graphone. in order that it does not need a very accurate ptx or tracing of the path of the new generation. but such artifacts are typical for shads of mapping and sometimes ambien is obscured.

A
Allen_Rodman 12.03.21

MunchkiN 616
I have a gtx 1660 super card. It's not like a low end segment, but rather a middle one. Regarding this artifact, it is in every game, as I said somewhere less somewhere more, this artifact itself is a large collection of pixels on textures (in the last screen you can see these pixels on the hero's forehead if the picture is opened in a new tab and zoom in). The bottom line is that, as I noticed, these pixels appear on textures in a chaotic and incomprehensible way. I have a monitor with a resolution of 1080 p, but it's not about it, since I have already changed it for the sake of interest. I have already played with anti-aliasing, the resolution also changed everything as it was. Screen games are Max Payne 3 and Rainbow Six SIege

S
Subaru MotorSports 12.03.21

Allen_Rodman
Two last ideas: a clean reinstallation of Windows, a defective video card.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.21

Allen_Rodman
if the textures are loaded and this is not their maximum resolution, then maybe this is some kind of problem with mip mapping. in extreme cases, it may be some kind of problem with the memory of the video card or texture units, but this would give heavy artifacts.
option 2 for some reason, poor texture streaming at the game level due to wasps or the fact that the game is old. well, or just such textures. soapy cinema. in old games, you can find many such faces of the grafon.

A
Allen_Rodman 19.03.21

In short, I looked at the computer of my friend's grafon the exact same hat.

S
Subaru MotorSports 19.03.21

Allen_Rodman Coolly
explained, inserted your video card?

A
Allen_Rodman 30.03.21

Subaru MotorSports
No, on a different computer with a different video in the same game. Problems with pixel textures and pixel lighting are the same as on my video card.