3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kitwild 06.03.21 04:33 am

Striped gradients

In general, I often work in Illustrator and Photoshop, and any gradients are created with stripes in both programs. I came to the conclusion that the problem is in the monitor.

Monique is calibrated. 10 Windows
Matrix VA
Pixel format - full rgb
Drivers new. vidyuhi also has

Gamma 2.2 / brightness / contrast changed / tried to turn the vidyuhi settings - nothing affects the gradients
I attached a black-and-white radial gradient made in illustrator - I have it with stripes
AND a linear gradient from the Internet - I also have it striped
AND screenshots of settings.

Pamagite

21 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 06.03.21

Kitwild
If the stripes are colored on the gradients - you need to level the din. On the screenshots, everything is smooth. You need a snapshot of the monitor screen on the camera.
Usually RGB color stripes - when driving din.
Thank God that for me there is only Lightroom for Ravok. True does not really need color, except for printing, but that's another story.
Here it is also important that the matrix is ​​at least 8 bits, or better 10. No 6 bits + RFC!

K
Kitwild 06.03.21

Ryazancev
Well then, it's definitely the case in my monitor. Here are the screenshots. So what should I do?

K
Kitwild 06.03.21

Ryazancev
8 bit matrix

R
Ryazancev 06.03.21

Kitwild
Now the transition bars are visible. There is also a light brown shade on the left side. Look at foreign sites for a ready-made calibrated profile for Windows. It will more or less give the correct color. Better to calibrate with the calibrator in place. But the stripes that are in the screenshots, most likely, cannot be removed - the MATRIX is not for these businesses.
There are good monitors on the market with AMVA at an affordable price "32" 2560 * 1440 10bit honest. That's just 60 Hertz (overclocked 65) and only about 98% sRGB. Roughly speaking for engineering work. Not suitable for photo and video content and games. But the price is nice - approx. 500 $.
This means that this is the minimum that should be counted on for activities. Children have this from the Phillips. Quite pleasant.

K
Kitwild 06.03.21

Ryazancev
Got it, thanks. If I can fix it I will write.

K
Kitwild 06.03.21

In general, no ready-made calibrated profiles helped. Only brightness, contrast changed ... I
connected my old monitor, there are no stripes.
I never got rid of banding
Who knows help

p
pekabir 06.03.21

do profiling. it is difficult to achieve even gradients on VA, I myself jerked off the gamma and color balance for 3 days so that the gray was gray, and not blue or yellow

R
Ryazancev 06.03.21

pekabir
No need to say unfounded judgments here. You just need to take monitors for such purposes with a 10-bit matrix. Here children have honest 10 Bits AMVA, I have 8 bits + RFC = 10 Bits VA (Dell). Children on Phillips still have nicer colors. But the stepped gradient is nowhere dumb.
It's all a matrix!
Before that I had experience with IPS 8 Bit.
On Ips, I could not get the white balance at all, I constantly climbed into the warmth. So I prefer VA 10 bit. Colors are closer to natural + contrast. Ips did not like the excessive saturation. Like Sony's TV sets :)
For working with a camera, further processing and printing, ViEiki was more suitable for me. Just find 32 inches with 2560 * 1440 + 100% Adobe ERGBi (well, 10 bits) and a high hertzovochkoy monitor hoyatb within 100K will not work. Such solutions have a much higher price tag.

p
pekabir 06.03.21

Ryazancev
I also have 8bit + frts 2k 60Hz. this is certainly better than TFT out of the box, but the picture is still so-so

R
Ryazancev 06.03.21

pekabir wrote: the
picture is still so-so
It is interesting to know, and what is a normal picture for you (I hope you can)? I know from myself that 95% of people love an oversaturated picture, contrasting, so that dark gray transitions (deep shadows) are not visible. I draw conclusions not for ordinary users of entertainment devices, but also for a wide layer of photographers. Photographers have a sect of lovers of juicy flowers from Sony and Canon. And the fact that then these photographs pluck out the eye and are not at all the same as it looked in real life, they just like this. For example, on AVITO you drive a photographer into the search and 95% of the posted works are in this style.
It's the same as eating fast food, instead of homemade food, stuffed with (overmeasures) flavor enhancers. In home cooking, the most important (mandatory) element should be spices. Otherwise, only Glutamate from fast food, and then AlzGeymer.
My thought about tastes is reduced to subjectivity and most often this taste is Bad, as is now accepted. A product of a postmodern society.
If only you compared it with the standard. The reference is the human eye (visible spectrum of electromagnetic radiation). There is also subjectivism of perception (tenfold). But, whatever one may say, it is nevertheless closer to our objective reality.

K
Kitwild 06.03.21

Ryazancev
I understand there is only one way out - to buy a monik with 10 bits or with + RFC, right?

R
Ryazancev 06.03.21

Kitwild
For smooth gradients, yes. Honest 10 bits look a little better than 8 + 2 RFS. The colors themselves are better. Although forehead to forehead I can only compare 2 monica. Although I may be mistaken due to the fact that on the one where it seems to me that it is better (honest 10 bits), there is a glossy finish. Gloss is a little better for the richness of colors (there is no diffraction due to "shagreen" on the outer layer of the screen). Maybe because of this it seems better.

K
Kitwild 06.03.21

Ryazancev
Yes, it’s exactly 8 bits, I just didn’t pay attention to these strips before. I tried to connect via hdmi, turned on the 10bit function in the vidyuhi settings - nothing has changed, the monitor does not support.

R
Ryazancev 06.03.21

Kitwild
If in doubt. Then you can visit the nearest DNS and check it yourself. (with a flash) If you set everything up correctly and everywhere. Then yes (Matrix). Kindly, give every fireman a model of your display, I'll see ...

K
Kitwild 06.03.21

Ryazancev
Here is his page on the Philips website https://www.philips.ru/cp/221V8LD_01/lcd-monitor/support
Model 221V8LD / 01.
It is interesting that the bitness is not indicated, but there is a line: Display colors: 16.7 M, that is, 8 bit

R
Ryazancev 06.03.21

Kitwild
Here is the site where the parameters of the matrices are usually shown.
https://www.displayspecifications.com/ru/model/670a1bda
8 bits are indicated here.
The strangest thing is that the color gamut was not shown anywhere! Apparently ...

K
Kitwild 06.03.21

Ryazancev
Can I ask what kind of monitor you have?

R
Ryazancev 06.03.21

Kitwild
In children PHILIPS BDM3270QP (00/01)
I have DELL S3220DGF.
For more - there is a musical genre performed with the Guitar (Romance). Humor :)

K
Kitwild 06.03.21

Ryazancev
got it, thanks

K
Kitwild 09.03.21

Ryazancev
If you're still curious, the case turned out to be in the motherboard). Everything is in order with the monitor and video card, and my old mat. the board does not have a CMS function in the BIOS, which creates a problem with gradients (and a couple more minor problems).