3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aiu 09.03.21 05:12 am

Screensaver display issue (Grim Dawn)

In the game, the splash screen goes but is displayed in stripes. Tell me how to cure this?

4 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanchez ramirez 09.03.21

Most likely, it has something to do with the screen resolution. The screensaver has a resolution of 1920x1080. You have 1440x900. I don't know why this is exactly what happens, that the splash screen does not shrink to the desired resolution. Maybe its format (ogg) has something to do with it.

If you watch it outside the game in the player, then it is displayed normally.

A
Aiu 09.03.21

The splash screen is played with the kmp player. Samples with different resolutions and windowed mode does not change anything.

S
SonyK_2 09.03.21

Aiu
Aiu wrote:
The splash screen is played with the kmp player. Samples with different resolutions and windowed mode does not change anything.
It happens. The other day I played the System Shock demo (remake) - video screensavers (at the beginning and end) are not displayed at all (black screen), but there is sound. I looked in the game folder - all the videos were recorded in 4K. They play without problems with a third-party player, but in the game itself, nothing at all - apparently the dynamic library used to play video in the game does not know how to "adjust" its resolution to the desired one.
What is the screen resolution? - on the top screenshot 1440 * 900, on the bottom 1600 * 900. If the clips in the game are recorded at 1440 * 900 (16:10), the aspect ratio may not change correctly to 1600 * 900 (16: 9). Try to force the desired aspect ratio (like the monitor) in the game settings, if there is such an option.

A
Aiu 09.03.21

Monitor resolution 1600 * 900. Tried all the resolution options, as well as in windowed and pseudo-windowed modes, nothing helped ...