3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lukavyi 10.03.21 01:49 am

Guide to The Long Dark (The Long Dark)

Debriefing
And so, based on the game, you are a pilot. Due to incomprehensible mysterious weather conditions, you are wrecked in the deep Canadian taiga.
Fortunately, you are safe, but in such a hole you will not last long, so, Recall the lessons of Bear Grylls survival and go to look for help. However, it turns out that not everything is so simple.

The Basics
Let's start with the state of your character and inventory.
Pressing TAB will bring up an options menu and a set of indicators in the corner.

Condition
This is your state of health, if the percentage drops to zero, you will die.
A great many factors affect your condition, and I want to tell you about this in more detail. But first, I want to say that the worse your condition, the weaker you are, and wolves love the weak.

Fatigue - We are all human, we all get tired. If you run a lot, carry a lot of things, you will quickly get tired. By the way, about the preponderance. If you carry more than necessary (from 30kg), the character will not be able to move quickly, and sacrificing speed is risky.
As you get tired, the acceptable weight that you can carry begins to gradually drop, and when you exceed it, you will have an Encumbered blister. From now on, calorie consumption, walking speed and fatigue indicator will quickly deteriorate. When the indicator is full, Tired will first appear, and after a couple of minutes Exhausted will appear. The step will noticeably slow down, you can no longer run, and the acceptable weight of your load will drop to 15kg.
If at this moment you are in the open air, find the nearest shelter and rest. otherwise, your condition will start to deteriorate.

The next equally important indicator is
Cold - it is worth closely monitoring your body temperature.
It all depends on your gear and weather.
Without good clothes, you will freeze very quickly, anyway. Also, it is worth monitoring the condition of the clothes, because the worse it is, the worse it will warm your big and thick "ass" from hypothermia.
As for the weather - if it's a clear day - you're in luck. But don't expect it to be this way forever.
Let's divide the weather in order:
Blizzard - freeze something for anyone, but you can go.
Snowfall - freeze very quickly.
Fog - horror is simple, It is very difficult to orientate as visibility drops dramatically.
So, all these conditions can happen at one moment. At this moment, I strongly advise you not to stay outside.

When you start to freeze, you will see the inscription Cold, after a couple of minutes the inscription Freezing will appear - your state of health will begin to decline.

Hunger - Everything should be clear here. The maximum calories in the body is 2500. Each factor increases the expenditure of calories (activity, coldness, weight, etc.). If you sleep - calorie consumption per hour: 85.

When calories are low, you will see the inscription Hungry (Hungry).
When the calories fall to zero, you will already have the inscription starvation (fasting). Your condition will start to deteriorate.

Thirst - There are two ways to replenish liquid:
The first way is soda and juices that you find. They are sweet, so they will not quench a lot of thirst, however, they will replenish the amount of calories. Sooner or later, you will run out of supplies of this kind and you will have to melt the snow in the stove.

If the thirst indicator is full, the inscription dehydrated will appear, and your character's condition will begin to deteriorate again.
Predators, diseases and other dangers.
At the moment, there is only one type of predator in the game - these are wolves.
In the future, bears may also be added.
So, wolves are actually pretty weak and slow (at least in this game).
You can kill them with a rifle, scare them off by throwing a signal torch, light a fire ... or just .... KILL TO DEATH !!! muahahahah (villainous laugh) .... But it's not that simple, they know how to piss into tea. And they will piss you, believe me.

Skirmish
If the wolf nevertheless attacked you, then you fall to the ground and you have very little time to "whip him in the soup", you will have an indicator on which you must quickly click with the left mouse button and hit with the right mouse button. You shouldn't fill the indicator to the end. Dial a little less than half and beat to throw off the wolf, and so on several times until you fight back. Thus, the wolf will get in the face and run away. I do NOT recommend filling in the indicator to the end, only if you want to kill it (and DEATH), but it is very dangerous. After the contraction, urgently dress up and take an antiseptic.

There are a couple more things you should know.
When fighting a wolf, the best tool with which you will beat the wolf is automatically selected in your inventory. The best one at the moment is the Hunting Knife. Then comes the ax and then the crowbar (Prybar).
And about bandages, if there are no bandages, then in the "Harvest" section you can tear the cloth into a bandage.

Diseases and Injuries

Hunting, Stove, Bonfire, and other little things worth knowing.
Let's start with the stove / fire.
Let's generally figure out what a stove / fire is for in this game:
For warming
Cooking food
for melting snow and boiling water.
In principle, you don't need to boil the water, but it will end with Dysentery. However, there is another way to detoxify water with Water purification tablets.

So, to light the stove you need Fuel, Matches, or Firestriker. There is also a magnifying lens with which you can light a fire using the sun (in the daytime). Also, To light a fire you need a Tinder plug or you can use a newspaper you find. There is one important point - if you recycle the newspaper in the Harvest section, you will get 2-4 Tinder plugs.

As fuel you can use what you found /
got : [Hard] Firelog - Burns for 2 hours.
[Soft] Cedar firewood - Burning hour
Reclaimed wood - a piece of fence Burning for half an hour.
[Soft] Fir firewood - burns for an hour and a half. (I advise you to save as it is necessary to repair an ax, knife, rifle, etc.)

When you run out of fuel, you will have to get it.
Go to the [Tab] menu and select Forage wood to get fuel.
We choose how much wood to get, what kind of wood, and what we will cut with. This is all done automatically.

Addition: If during the Forage wood (search for wood) you are in a house or in another shelter, you will only collect Reclaimed wood, and even in a limited amount. And if you go outside, then there you will collect other types of fuel. So, I recommend "Foredzhit your Woods" when you are outside of

Hunting
Hunting is possible and deer, rabbits and wolves (which is weird).
At the moment, you can only hunt with a rifle. Since cartridges are worth their weight in gold here, you rarely need to shoot, which means for sure! And here you are not some kind of "call of dyuti", the front sight will not move sickly. You will need to aim well. And if the weather is bad, or you are tired, sick, or something else, then not only will you not be able to aim normally, you will have a bullet spread like a shotgun.

Trap - You can place a rabbit trap. Every 12 hours there is a chance that you will have additional loot.

So. You've shot your prey.
Come up to her and choose how much meat to collect, skin and intestines ... Yes, yes. Horror: D.
It is desirable to butcher with a hunting knife and not with an ax. You can sort of like it with your hands, but it's a very long time, and you can't collect a lot, since the carcass will quickly freeze.

So you have meat, now you need to cook it. All this is prepared, respectively, in the stove, or on the fire.
One piece is cooked for about 15-20 minutes (playing time).
There are Venison (venison), Rabbit (rabbit) and Wolf meat (wolf meat ??) 800-900 calories per 0.50kg.

Crafting
Crafting is possible only on the Workbench, the following things:

From myself
Well, that's how I would like to tell you about it. I will update the guide as the game updates.
That's all. I wish you long survival.
22 Comments
Sort by:
I
IvanKat 10.03.21

Thank.

k
kokoz80 10.03.21

Very informative, when I entered for the first time I did not understand at all that I was finding something I was eating, the deer run away, I did not know about the rifle at all, I burned all the newspapers, books) but in general the game is not bad, for connoisseurs of the genre

x
xmenni 10.03.21

how to break into safes ???

A
Anatoly Karpukhin 10.03.21

xmenni to rotate the dial with the ad button, as it clicks, it means you need to in the other direction, and so 3 times then open on the right

V
Vyacheslav Mikhailyuk 10.03.21

I have one question, how to dry birch and intestines to make onions.

S
Silence_VIT 10.03.21

Vyacheslav Mikhailyuk
You go into the building, throw out the birch and intestines from the inventory, and after a while it will be ready.

T
Tea with lemon 10.03.21

_INVICTUS_
Precisely to throw it on the floor? Or can you put it in the closet, chest?

H
Han1602 10.03.21

Tea with Lemon
Throw on the floor, it does not dry in the drawers.

s
shamaNNNNNN 10.03.21

All gifts. Where can you find birch? I want to stir up the bow)

S
Silence_VIT 10.03.21

Yegor33
Behind the Trapper's House on the mountain

S
Silence_VIT 10.03.21

If anyone did not know now, you can get to the Otradnaya Valley through the hydroelectric power station

s
shamaNNNNNN 10.03.21

_INVICTUS_
How is it?

s
shamaNNNNNN 10.03.21

Where can you find a birch tree at the location of the mysterious lake?

G
Gelebor 10.03.21

Yegor33
For a bow, maple is already needed.

s
shamaNNNNNN 10.03.21

Gelebor
Blyayayayaya. Where can I find a maple tree?

G
Gelebor 10.03.21

Yegor33
I saw only on the coastal highway, if you go from the house of the misanthrope to the right and go out onto the road (there is still a blockage and the car will be) to the car and then to the right, there will be a site with maple and birches. PS take a birch, too, from which the arrow shaft is made.

M
MEGADUCK 10.03.21

Guys, who hunts like a bear ??? I'm dying of him for the fourth time (difficulty - stalker) ...

s
shamaNNNNNN 10.03.21

Gelebor
Brother ... draw on the map and discard pl.

G
Gelebor 10.03.21

Yegor33
http://thelongdark.ru/encyclopedia/map/coastal-highway/ Here is the link to the map. Everything is in the commuters lament location. (PS like update 256 was released, which made the appearance of all kinds of sticks more frequent, but in that place they are 100%)

G
Gelebor 10.03.21

MEGADUCK
If you need to put 4-5 rounds in the open, but I use a different method: you need the bear to be near the house or the car, shoot once (preferably in the head) and run home (you can go into the car, but you need to shoot further) you sleep for an hour and all. The bear is ready.