3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 10.03.21 01:51 am

Third Party Sources (STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl)

I turned to GOG with a question: "Why don't you turn off mods for Stalker?" And got the answer: "Because we do not have rights to these mods and cannot add them to games for which we demand money."
But mods are free to download, does GOG really need to acquire the rights to mods?
7 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 10.03.21

[Denis Alexandrovich]
Why would they take up space on their servers with content for which they cannot get money?

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.03.21

SonyK.
Exactly. But for some reason, not a word about this. They have the latest updates. And there is no way to choose the same patch 10004

S
SonyK_2 10.03.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
They put the latest official patches on purpose - so they don't whine if someone has a bug. And so there is an excuse - the last patch from the developers, we are not in business.
I have disk litsuha version 1.0004. Interestingly, if you activate your key in GOG, they will give 1.0006?

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.03.21

SonyK.
Upgrade to 1,0006

S
SonyK_2 10.03.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
It has been updated for a long time already - I downloaded GOG "pirates" of three parts: 1.0006, 1.5.10, 1.6.02, respectively.

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.03.21

SonyK.
Well, if you put 1,0004 from the disk, then select the Gogi folder with version 1,0004, Gog will update it to 1,0006.
And by the way, I have an earlier version, like a version on disk. I still remember how 1,0003 put
For The Witcher 1 , for example, you can choose an earlier version. Goga fixed the glitches in Stalker.
Look, they quickly replied:

I asked if they would be able to upload if the mod creators would contact them and give the go-ahead

J
JABA AZAZINA 10.03.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
what do you care about versions? specially laid out here a rollback to 1.0004, which weighs a couple of mb and is very easy to use