3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fatallezzz 10.03.21 01:54 am

FPS issues when lowering the screen resolution (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

Friends, I need your help, I've already tried everything, nothing helps.

In general, the situation is as follows, I have a Samsung laptop, the parameters are as follows:

i5-3210M 2.5 GHz, 4 cores
8 GB - RAM
Nvidia GeForce 650M 2 GB

Game license, on Steam. Took three weeks ago for a sale. and since then I am not happy, because igrulina is good., the problem is this:

With the following graphics settings

Spoiler

The game on my device gives out stable 59-60 FPS, neither here nor there, even in serious moments, it certainly pleased, for the time being time.

At the moment, I played 27 hours, and went through 15 story missions, and here the following began. When I first landed in Africa (dense vegetation and TD) FPS sank to 30. Of course, I was upset, but after just a couple of minutes it rose again to a stable 60, apparently it was loading, I decided. Since then, the problem began to recur, sometimes when landing even at the main base, the FPS dropped to 30. As I found out, the game intuitively switched video cards in the laptop between integrated (intel HD 4000) and Discrete (GT 650M) during downloads, which caused such problems. I went to the NVIDIA control panel, strenuously set up a high-performance processor and the problem disappeared.

After a few more hours of the game, I noticed a drop in FPS from 60 to 50, and with sharp jerks. Sometimes even up to 25-30, but instantly recovers. Delivers terrible discomfort. I decided that this is somehow connected with the fact that I have firewood for the very last ones (I do not put the latter, because the FPS falls noticeably in them, apparently Nvidia is killing old video cards). I decided to put it on. Set. The problem remained, the FPS fell by another 5-10, and there is no more thought about 60. I rolled back to my version with complete deletion of profiles, the song is the same. I started googling.

Googled this: "Sometimes, when playing in windowed mode, the FPS starts to drop, set it to full screen and the problem will go away." I have an external FullHD monitor (1920x1080) connected to my laptop, but I lower the resolution to HD (1366x768), this significantly raises the FPS, I'm already used to a small soap, after all, I don't have to work out a laptop. If you set the full screen, without borders (as I have), then the image is scaled to full size. If I set "FULL SCREEN" as recommended in the source, black borders appear on the sides and the image becomes small, so in fact, yes, I am playing in windowed mode without borders. In this regard, I tried this solution, and lo and behold, it helped. FPS returned to its place. Where there was a drawdown to 50, 25-30 became 59-60 and there were no hints of drawdown.

So gentlemen forum users of the question. What the hell is that? I played 25 hours on such settings, and there were no problems. I didn't install or uninstall anything from my machine, what could have changed that the game behaved this way? How can this be cured? I understand if there was such a problem right away, but starting to hover the brain after completing 15 missions is some kind of crap. Give advice.

So far, I have found a solution for myself, I lower the monitor resolution directly on the desktop, and then the game, when the "full screen" is set, stretches to the full, which is comfortable. But this wildly demolishes the position of the shortcuts on the desktop, and after each game you have to arrange everything. I think you understand how much this "does not deliver", taking into account the fact that, again, IT WORKED NORMALLY, WHAT HAS STARTED THAT?)

Thank you.

PS I forgot to say, for lamers who will now start talking about overheating and other joys. I know this song. If on a subject you can write only "this is overheating" - do not write anything better. THIS IS NOT OVERHEATING. I'm sure. When my laptop overheats, it behaves differently, the FPS will drop to 5 units, and not for 0.000001 seconds, but for 20-30 seconds. It is also not worth recommending firewood, defragmenting, optimizing the registry, everything has been tried and re-piled 100,500 times.

pss Thanks [x2]
4 Comments
Sort by:
R
Raptor227 10.03.21

I myself play in full-screen frameless on my laptop, every 1.5 hours per session there are drops of up to 10 fps for 3-5 seconds, and then it stabilizes again to 50-60, but this does not interfere at all, drivers for the word "06/07/2016 ", since then I don’t want to update at all, while everything works well, well, I don’t know what else to say or advise, I haven’t come across such a case, perhaps below there will be people who will tell you about this topic.

f
fatallezzz 10.03.21

Raptor227
You see what's the matter, I understand if it had always been like this, but it's not normal when you played 25 hours without a hint of problems in stable 60 FPS, and then freezes begin where they did not exist before (this is not only about goes to Africa), I specially returned to Afghanistan, and there it sags. Yes, what can I say, it sags at the main base. This was out of the question. Definitely some kind of software glitch, but I'm at a loss to guess what could be, because I did not touch anything on the laptop from programs and files. After the problems started, I defragmented and cleaned, dig deeper into the autostart and the registry in order to see - suddenly I picked up something on the Internet, everything is clean.

This problem, as usual, stems from the fact that we have laptops, and the shell sharpened for "energy efficiency" is not able to understand that when the laptop is connected to 220V, it is not worth saving on performance. But for some reason, the system is still trying to push the insignificant intel HD to where it does not belong (For example, I still could not get Sony Vegas Pro 13 to work from GT 650M - I am doing video editing)

R
Raptor227 10.03.21

fatallezzz
Vegas Pro 10 by the way works better, maybe it was purely for me, I don’t know there - I probably downloaded an unsuccessful assembly, but once I decided to try the 13th, and it was just awful, the preview window mercilessly slows down even on the quality of "Draft - a quarter "(yes, Russian text), after Vegas itself, the laptop hangs very much without even starting to render, I'm not talking about the render itself, the 10th works just perfect, I don't know what is so special in the 13th version, what new buns are there maybe there is, but the 10th suits me calmly.

And by the way, I turned off the power saving mode forever immediately after installing Windows in my Nvidia control panel, because for some reason, even in some casual game from Alawar, a blue screen of death can fly out, this mode gave me very big problems.

f
fatallezzz 10.03.21

AP theme. No solution found :( So I play by lowering the resolution of the desktop