3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
N1KО 10.03.21 03:09 am

Games for Windows: LIVE (Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War 2)

pix.PlayGround.ru

The multiplayer game is built on the Games for Windows system - Live

FAQ

How to connect to LIVE?

On November 13, 2008, a new version of the Game for Windows LIVE utility version 2.0 was released (until recently it was 1.2)

Access to Games for Windows LIVE is possible only when you are playing a compatible game (i.e. only in a game with a LIVE log and only in the moment when it is launched).

1. To register in LIVE, go to the site http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/
2. Click on the upper right link "Get Your Gamercard"
3. In the lower right click on the link "Join My Xbox Now!"
4. On the page that appears there will be two windows, you need the right one with the heading "Need an account? Sign up here" and with an empty line above which is written "E-mail Address"
5. Enter your working e-mail into it and click the "Sing-Up" button on the right
6. Next, you need to fill out the form:

• Your birthday (if you are under 18, enter the date for example 17.02.1990)
• Country in which you live (I want to remind you that by choosing Russia you will not be able to play). Select United Kingdom for example)
• Your email (by default it should automatically already be)
• Enter your password
• Enter it again
• Your security question in case you lose your password
Security question in case you lose your password
• The answer to your security question
• To the right of question fill in the symbols that are in the picture
• Enter your nickname that will be used in online games, on the right there is a button that checks the correctness of the nickname.
• Select your avatar
• In the game area, select what is closer to you (you can change it later)
• And at the very bottom click on I Accept

7. After that, you will be taken to a page that says "Welcome to the Games for Windows - LIVE service" and "Your profile has been created."
8. Click the "Finish" button. All. You are LIVE

If you are not strong in English, then after https://live.xbox.com ... in the address bar of the browser, change en-GB to ru-RU, put the mouse cursor at the end of the line (so that there are no selections) and press Enter. .. voila, everything is in Russian. Just do not fill out the questionnaire in Russian, this is a trick in order to understand what is written there. If you fill in Russian, then you will not be able to select a country, it will automatically be Russia.

Q: Is LIVE paid?
A: It's free for PC.

Q: Do you need a key to play online?
A: Yes, it is required. You will receive it when you buy a licensed disc.

Q: They didn’t put the key in the box with the game, I’m unable to play multiplayer now?
A: You can, if you have a key to another GFWL game

Q: When I try to connect my Gamertag in the game, I am asked to enter my ID LIVE, I can’t understand what is required of me?
A: You need to enter your email address that you registered with GFWL.

Q: I cannot write my address, the layout on my keyboard is Russian and does not change.
A: Exit the game and right click on the bottom right on the language bar. Go to the options and set the default language to English.

Here we are discussing multiplayer games and asking questions about the subject. I ask the moderators to fix the topic.

124 Comments
Sort by:
s
sergiusus 10.03.21

mg

s
sergiusus 10.03.21

ops litter I have the following question when registering with me does not change the country, the rassiya there is simply welded, there is no replacement or it can not be printed. Is there any way to replace it? I registered not according to your links, but was directed by the game itself, maybe because of this? And if according to your links, then I can not find the link "Get Your Gamercard, can they somehow changed it?

s
sergiusus 10.03.21

Oh damn, I read the article, I think I understood

C
Chelovek-Raketa 10.03.21

I have a problem, when registering, the date of birth is not entered, no matter what I wrote (including the one indicated in the soap) ?? what to do??

M
MiHaNNiK 10.03.21

Listen, it turns out to be easy. I'll explain to you knock on ICQ 368493857.

A
Akama 10.03.21

Regarding the region: everyone writes that it is necessary to put the United States or another country. I have Russia and the multiplayer works fine, I tried it many times in GTA4 ...

v
violator76 10.03.21

who has a product key ??? or where to get it? i don't have atoms

R
Reisenman 10.03.21

Remember that it is best to register live for the USA, New York: this is the case for me - there are no problems with any of the 4 games.

S
Spaceman-RF 10.03.21

BIG THANKS N1KO, otherwise I could not play online did not connect (I always chose Russia ...) !!!

D
Deusgold 10.03.21

Did everything as written. Result: I enter my email address and password in the game, click "sign in" and it gives me the following:

"I can't connect to the LIVE service. Perhaps a Windows Live ID of a region is used that is not supported by the LIVE service."

The profile has United Kingdom.

How to deal with this?

a
aerodrol 10.03.21

The same problem as in Deusgold, the current was set by the United States and the state of Texas. Who knows what to describe, thanks in advance.

D
Deusgold 10.03.21

I think this fucking LIVE service scans the IP address assigned to the computer and / or ISP. And when identifying the IP, you can immediately determine the location of the computer, because numbers with such a set of numbers are issued by a top-level domain (Russian Federation). No matter how you cheat the system, it still knows in which region the computer is located.
And now the question is: "Why the heck am I taking a license? To get the single through?" In my opinion, this is a violation of human rights.
This is how it looks from the outside: "A law-abiding citizen goes to the store, buys a game. He comes home in order to watch (play) in anticipation and take a break from work, and the system says to him:" Fuck you play, we don't serve Russians. "
And at the same time, the packaging says: "An impressive multiplayer mode. Play on the Internet using the unique Game for Windows - LIVE TrueSkill"
Kick, what is most surprising, on the packaging, all these sentences are written in Russian and I cannot play in Russia.
And where is the justice?

D
Deydaro 10.03.21

LIVE certainly sucks, there's no arguing here, but it doesn't even take into account the IP, a lot of people are playing from Russia.

R
Reisenman 10.03.21

Live determines your country by ip, and in your tag just a checkbox indicates. And when registering, it is best to make mail on www.msn.com - your address ending in @ hotmail.com and the password from the mail will already be the name and password for the geotag ... But you need to mail on .com to end and register the country in the United States.
An example of a gametag is in my profile in the signature.

X
XepSoba4ii 10.03.21

Is it possible to "wean" a game from Steam? The game is pirated, you can't play multiplayer because of Steam.

K
Kosar 10.03.21

Windows Live is free, otherwise they write about some money?

D
Deydaro 10.03.21

Free.

R
Rugrat 10.03.21

And how to connect to servers? I choose Multiplayer, then a list of servers and shared servers, but there they are, they cannot be selected = (

x
xoxol_007 10.03.21

Rugrat do you have a license? if not, then look for patches 1.3.1 weighing about 270MB and 1.3.2 about 20MB, I've put it on a pirate and play with those who have a% license)

R
Rugrat 10.03.21

Oops =) I have a 1,3,1 patch =) right now we will fix it =)