3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
Ultravirus661 11.03.21 01:25 am

Is it possible to disable the updates of the Steam itself.

Good afternoon, I had a question: "Is it possible to disable steam updates (not game updates, namely the steam itself.)?
PS I have a Yota provider, and these ****** cut my speed so much that 2 mb swing for minutes five...
6 Comments
Sort by:
K
KIBERMAX 11.03.21

Ultravirus661
If you do not update Steam, then these will end badly, and it is updated once a month or 2, if you do not count the steam beta client, and if you have a beta installed, then go to the stable one.

U
Ultravirus661 11.03.21

KIBERMAX
I have this problem, I can not download updates, but today I need to install a couple of games from the disks, which by themselves require a connection to Steam, after installing these games, I will go offline for a month (I am going to the village, in which the mobile phone barely catches), that is, I need to pause updates for 1 day, but at the same time, so that the steam itself is online.

q
qfb 11.03.21

Ultravirus661
cannot pause steam updates, send to a friend, but download

u
urban.kalabanovich 11.03.21

Have you already got steam up to date? So, if you have it on the network, the games during installation will still crawl for updates, and if it is not dumb, then the installation will not be completed to the end.

m
mrKaktak 11.03.21

Ultravirus661
did not cut anything on YOTA except torrents during the day ... so all the rules with the speed of updating the steam ... remove the speed from the minimum salary

U
Ultravirus661 11.03.21

mrKaktak
Yesterday I reinstalled Windows, now I downloaded Steam, and in order to run it at least once I need to download an update of 130 MB. That is, my speed is unlimited, which is on the steam itself, which is in the Yota personal account.
PS My yota cuts all downloads, except for the Yandex disk.
PSS By the way, I put the VPN-client download speed becomes normal, but, alas, after the first day of use, VPN requires a purchase.
UPD: I downloaded updates, distributed Wi-Fi via iPhone.