3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
nat.mih 11.03.21 02:12 pm

Will Rockstar Games stop releasing new content for GTA Online this fall? (Grand Theft Auto 5)

At the Cowen and Company Technology, Media & Telecom Conference, Strauss Zelnik explained that no one intended GTA Online to be an “eternal project,” and that the company would suspend its activities on the project after reaching the 3-year anniversary of Grand Theft Auto V. in September 2016. He said it's important to give the franchise a break and focus on other projects. This does not mean that the servers will be shut down, just Rockstar Games will stop releasing new content for GTA Online.

Original article in English:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-online-wont-be-supported-forever-take-two-ceo-/1100-6440383/
26 Comments
Sort by:
I
Inhaler 11.03.21

Don't give a damn, announce only the storyline DLS, I beg you. There have been no games with a good open world for 3 years already, especially in pitch, so at least I would have to visit the old one once more.

n
nat.mih 11.03.21

Inshala
Without updates, online will become completely thinner, especially if they will completely score an order of magnitude and allow cheaters to do whatever they want.
For me, the plot is not so interesting. The supplement to the single can be completed in a couple of days maximum and score on the game. You can play online with friends for a very long time. It is unlikely that someone will go around a single for so long. Once behind the eyes. Well, I don't see any point in buying games for a couple of days of pleasure every time. It's easier to download a pirate in this case!

B
Boss_Timurchik 11.03.21

well, in principle, they kept it online quite well, albeit with jambs, and so yes, you need to stop support and already switch to new projects PS there will be no robberies and plot too, the nigga ate everyone in the insta ha ha ha ha, so now believe the blacks

I
Inhaler 11.03.21

nat.mih Apparently
, there is no way without it. My party is tired of all the robberies. And as a game with random people does not roll at all. Rarely do you come across very interesting characters (not necessarily someone who does not shoot)
A little story Last pleasant memory from online - 2 pursuers in an SUV, whom I wanted to destroy from the air, but getting to the take-off strip was still a challenge. It turned out to be a cool chase. Then I disappeared and flew into the mountains, the plane crashed, I called a taxi and walked away for a minute. And when he returned, the taxi driver was dead, the monsters were waiting for my return. Revenge is a dish that is usually served cold ...

But this only happens once every 20-30 hours of the game, literally. The rest of the time people try only to kill everyone they meet, but to be completely safe themselves, probably this is very interesting to them. Maybe it's just unlucky, or there really is one rabble left.

A
Anomel Suna 11.03.21

nat.mih
The source says that GTA 5 will be 3 years old in September. There is nothing said about the termination of support. Where did you even read that, the author?

r
rutututu 11.03.21

accordion

F
FsTanDar 11.03.21

Online has already fallen (((

n
nat.mih 11.03.21

Anomel Suna
Ugu, the translation does not quite match the original text. I just read the original carefully.
http://rockstargame.su/news/news-gtaonline/gta-online-ne-budut-podderzhivat-vechno-zayavil-glava-take-two/
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-online- wont-be-supported-forever-take-two-ceo- / 1100-6440383 /
Earlier, "ROCKSTARGAME.SU" was not exposed in such fake-making. From which they suddenly wrote:
*** Strauss Zelnik explained that no one intended GTA Online to be a “perpetual project,” and that the company would suspend operations on the project after reaching the 3-year anniversary of Grand Theft Auto V in September 2016. He said it was important to give the franchise a break and focus on other projects. This does not mean that the servers will be shut down, just Rockstar Games will stop releasing new content for GTA Online. ***

GAMESPOT.COM:
*** Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said at the Cowen and Company Technology, Media & Telecom Conference today that GTA Online was never intended to be "permanent." There may be a day in the future that Rockstar stops supporting GTA Online with new content, but it won't likely be soon. In fact, GTA Online's next major update, Further Adventures in Finance and Felony, one of the game's biggest yet, comes out on June 7. And Rockstar has teased even more "massive, feature-rich" expansions are scheduled to come out later. ***

rutututu
Very accordion accordion from "1.06.2016". A completely old button accordion ?!

I
Inhaler 11.03.21

nat.mih
I'm not even talking about this ... And so it is clear, only the question arises: is it worth going in when nothing changes in this regard?

U
USSoldier 11.03.21

Have you tried to just go into the game and play? Are these updates so important to you? And you don't even care about cheaters?

n
nat.mih 11.03.21

Thompson1929
Cheaters excite everyone except Rockstar! If they had a desire, they could have done something for a long time. For example, Rockstar could learn from the Blizzards! Or toughen the punishment with an eternal ban for the first proven violation.

Inshala
You should only enter with friends in closed sessions or in open sessions, but only the first two days after updating the version online, when the cheats do not work, and you can safely play (usually no more than 2-3 days until the next cheat is released).

D
Devilgroup87 11.03.21

But where can you find so many friends that it would be normal to play with a whole crowd !? Two, maximum three people, and even then not always. (In my case) I’m not online, sometimes busy, then at work, then on the jerk, then my wife sent to my mother-in-law ... In short, fuck to play calmly.

L
LongVampire 11.03.21

It was about the fact that GTAO will not be an eternal project, and this is obvious. No project is eternal, technologies are developing and new projects are replacing. But there is no talk anywhere that they will stop supporting it in the fall.

M
MiGamer86 11.03.21

Devilgroup87 wrote:
But where can you find so many friends
In the Social Club, of course. For example, I do not have a single friend from my city and region in the game. But it is full from other regions of the country and even the world. Main Communication - Don't be afraid to talk to your buddies you meet on missions. Even if they are foreigners, even if you don't always understand them! Just try and everything will be great!

D
Devilgroup87 11.03.21

MiGamer86 Of
course we communicate with many, many of them help. Few people only add to some kind of negotiator like skype or raidkall.

T
The dmitry disaire 11.03.21

Is it like on old consoles, so now a cheater's paradise?

A
Alexey Chichigin 11.03.21

The plot is slag, and now also online will slide down to the sump. That is, there will be a lot of cheaters, outrageous and dull monotony. Prepare bablishko for the new GTA, which I definitely won't buy after the 5th part.

D
Deimoros 11.03.21

Hmm .... Okay, do not care, we are waiting for the modders to file separate servers like RP, DM, as in GTA SA, I think it will work out even better.

C
Catalan1ap 11.03.21

Fallen Demons
They were banned. Already one tried to create an RP server, but Rockstar sent him a letter saying that they should close the project, he closed it and stopped doing it. And rockstar said that they would not allow this (they just need loot, because if someone creates a server, everyone will go there and rockstar will have nothing). I can even throw a link.

P
Podvipodvertov 11.03.21

And no matter how much I tried to master this GTA 5 online, I was throwing it all the time. Although I played the main game twice, the first time on Box 360, the second time on PC with a first-person view.
But online here I have not been hooked even once. I got the feeling that all the same GTA online is a project for children and schoolchildren, for the most part.
For me personally, these are meaningless pokatushki and postrelushki. Saving up money to buy a new car, gun, gear and real estate, well, as it does not deliver, what a stupid and meaningless occupation.
I'm just used to the fact that online projects like "potatoes" and "tundra" for example. There is much more sense in the game, for example, the tundra can be viewed as a virtual museum of technology, on which you can play.
And take potatoes, so every new tank of yours adds value to your account. I know a chela who sold his account for 60,000 rubles.
It turns out that his time spent on the game paid off with real money, and he himself almost did not invest there, except that he bought premium accounts. And in GTA online, will anyone buy an account from someone for real money, I doubt it.
I haven't played potatoes for a long time, because of my personal dislike for this project and the people behind it, I haven't entered it for five years now.
But sometimes I like to drive to the tundra, I have both equipment and aviation pretty well pumped in there. Offhand, you can push this account for 30,000, but I don't want to sell it, I need it myself.
But what is the point in GTA online to hang, I do not understand. Really fun for kids.