3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Remmo 11.03.21 02:12 pm

The question is about an important characteristic of a weapon - range. (Stellaris)

There is a fleet - made it so - corvettes with long-range torpedoes for a range of 60 units. And Estminians with rapid-fire cannons for a range of 15 to 30 units. I thought the tactics of this fleet were like this - corvettes are beating from afar so as not to receive damage (weak) and Estminians will damage nearby, which means that all the enemy's damage will go to them (armor and dangerous) - but in practice I see that corvettes, although they shoot before everyone else (from afar) but still come close to the enemy) (maybe it seems to me). So is it possible to somehow order to fight at the maximum distance from the enemy, that is, for a corvette it is 55-60 ??
23 Comments
Sort by:
S
Setesh 11.03.21

Remmo wrote: is
it possible to somehow order to fight at the maximum distance from the enemy
no.
my corvettes rarely died at all, they have a very good evasion

R
Remmo 11.03.21

Setesh
It would be a pity, it would be great - it would add tactics for space-battles, but in fact it turns out that the characteristic Range in the game does not mean ANYTHING (

s
scorg94 11.03.21

Setesh
My corvettes are the first to die bravely in any battle. First, corvettes die, then destroyers, cruisers and battleships are left for a snack.

S
Schurl miller 11.03.21

Remmo wrote:
long-range corvettes
Why? Better to make battleships and cruisers long-range for maximum effect. Fighters and corvettes are short-range and medium-range, respectively.
Dima Ogorodnikov wrote:
First, corvettes die, then destroyers, cruisers and battleships are left for a snack.
Apparently you have a small fleet, or you have poor armament, since even cruisers and battleships are taken for a snack.)

R
Remmo 11.03.21

Guided by the fact that corvettes are weaker in health and armor. Now I don't see any point in this at all, since they move chaotically in battle.

A
Ansaphone 11.03.21

There they study and put upgrades that are responsible for the behavior of the ships (behaves passively and shoots from the maximum distance, or aggressively and flies close, like there is still a balanced option)

S
Schurl miller 11.03.21

Remmo
Rockets for cruisers and battleships, destroyers use kinetic weapons, and put up laser weapons for corvettes. I personally tested it for 30k power - an invincible tactic, but you constantly have to be repaired and occasionally replenish the fleet. Also, do not forget to expose yourself components with intelligence, which can be obtained during special studies.

A
Ansaphone 11.03.21

It is best to do some of the tanking ships (all for defense and some kind of cannon that can hit in the vicinity) and make them aggressive tactics so that they fly close at once and take a hit, put long-range weapons and defense tactics on the rest, they will hit the enemy from afar and approach the enemy last.

c
complect 11.03.21

I only use battleships + special battleships (shields, traps, healer, etc.). 20 battleships + special. A total of 25 units per fleet. Battleships for attack (comp) and long-range (tachyon + missiles). Special for protection. 5 Fleets. Total points are 1000. No one in the galaxy will protest against me.

S
Sallar 11.03.21

Approximately the same thing, only battleships remain at the end, little things are mowed down gradually and there is no point in building a new one. Battleships charged with kinetics or energy spears at a range of 60 units. do not even allow anyone to fly up. Plus, I pull a couple of aircraft carriers with + shields and with -shields as support and for cases when, after an interstellar flight, the fleet immediately fell out into the crowd of welcoming guests.

A
Andrey Dread 11.03.21

The tactics of the battle here, of course ... none. Stupidly I shoot at the first in the range - nonsense. About rockets in general to be silent. There is no way to change the structure :( If you have a large pile of ships, then during the battle some kind of circus begins ... to bring the game to mind.

R
Remmo 11.03.21

Andrey Dread
Why is it better to keep silent about missiles? But what about 100% penetration through shields? I mean torpedoes

s
samosan 11.03.21

I tried different tactics, in the end it turned out that the most effective weapon is the silent spear and the range is the greatest, and the damage with accuracy (even at close range) everything else (even the latest weapon), if not superior, is at level 1.

M
Mordok 11.03.21

Remmo
turns out that the characteristic distance in the game does not mean anything (
Long-range fleet gets the advantage in strength due to the fact that the time to unwind short-sighted fleet on its way. Especially noticeable against small bands (battleships any, dreadnoughts).

Why is it about the missiles is better to remain silent?
Normally all with missiles / torpedoes, except for their speed. This is such a universal set against any defense until you pump in the tachyons. The computer, however, is not very smart: it does not install missile defense, because the fleet flies into rags. damage in principle.

I
IIpocTo_urpok 11.03.21

Ansaphone
In my opinion, these on-board computers only affect performance. It is easier to choose "tanking" ships if you order the same fleet to unite with them, but not vice versa (new ships are always in the rear formation).

Schurl Miller
Invincible tactics are ships with L slots hammered with tachyon spears. This is how the fleets of the extinct empires are armed.

S
Schurl miller 11.03.21

IIpocTo_urpok
However, Fading Empires are easily carried out, albeit with losses. So I would argue here. Tachyon spears are quite expensive.

I
IIpocTo_urpok 11.03.21

Schurl Miller
If you think so, then everything in this is easily endured. We're talking about space battles, not ways to win. The question of price should not be touched upon at all. As a rule, they prepare for war.

R
Remmo 11.03.21

Mordok
What about Ii in the game - he just behaves very decently - I'm a fool, on the advice of some players, changed my ships and when I entered the battle with the counter-enemy I did not know that he SHARPENED his ships UNDER MY FLEET! The missile defense system and shields for which kenetics does not work well, and here my fleet with a clear advantage - it burns like a piece of paper! I feel that I have to retreat - the mood has dropped. But suddenly the fleet of the only ally in the alliance appears and cuts into the battle and we begin to crush it - that is, it feels like he himself did not expect that my fleet would start to be drained so hard, and when he saw that my business was badly helped! So Ii, if not super-duper, is more or less adequate. And there is no completely universal fleet.

M
Mordok 11.03.21

Remmo So
I was not lucky: the whole batch was glued exclusively by missile-torpedo ships, no kinetics, lasers, etc. Only once received serious damage from a weaker fleet - these were the forerunners with tachyons. Even though I won that battle, I went nuts from the damage.
And again, my damage also went well through them, but these spears burn ships like paper. The fight was short-lived, but bloody.

In the next game, I immediately tuned in to energy weapons in order to study the damage bonuses even before I even got the spear. But now the difficulty of the battles has increased due to the counter of lasers with shields.
So there was an opportunity to compare - torpedoes and missiles performed better.

R
Remmo 11.03.21

Mordok
Torpedoes - 100% penetration of shields and this is their main feature if there is heavy fire, then it does not save from everyone, but it is bad to hope for them only. I wear large and medium kenetics for all Estminians, since they have a serious rate of fire (this is a common lady without bonuses) corvettes with energy weapons and a bonus against shields and especially against armor, and links are tanks with torpedoes and disintegrators at a distance of 40-60. linkoys and corvettes - and it's good corvettes are dodging and it is not difficult to replace them and linkoys with shields and armor do not burn almost, and if one or three fall, they will save the fleet taking huge damage