3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pecos_Bill 12.03.21 01:42 am

Lag games on the laptop

Games lag on a laptop with the following parameters:
CPU: AMD E-450; 1.7Ghz; Cache L1-32Kb L2-512Kb
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6320; 275Mhz; 384Mb; GDDR3; 128bit
RAM: DDR3; 2Gb; 800Mhz
In Skyrim 6-20fps, in The Witcher 2 1-6fps, well, these are relatively new games, so I'm not particularly afraid of this. But the trick is that the old ones lag in the same way in Neverwinter Knights 6-15 fps, in Morrowind too, and Icewind Dale just doesn't rise above one or two, but the newer Oblivion went better than 10-20 fps. For comparison, on a campaign with a confa, which is not very different from a laptop:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+; 2.4Ghz; Cache L1-64Kb L2-512Kb
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 440; 1620Mhz; 1024Mb; GDDR5; 128bit
RAM: DDR2; 2Gb; 667Mhz
In Skyrim, 20-70 fps, in The Witcher 2, 15-30 fps, and in old games it generally accelerates up to a hundred.
What could be the reason? Or is it a weak laptop? Windows costs half a year, new drivers, registry, cache, defragmentation, etc. cleaned, no viruses, 20 gig free on the C disk, swap file 2GB.
10 Comments
Sort by:
b
burn the console 12.03.21

Pecos_Bill_2.0
For comparison on a campaign with a confa, which is not very different from the
HD 6320 laptop; 275Mhz
GT 440; 1620Mhz
Just shouting

b

The processor in the laptop is also a bottom compared to Athlon

A
AMAKUS 12.03.21

Hmm ... On a laptop it is harder than Tetris and a scarf to launch something ... But seriously, the laptop will not be able to match the AAA class game in its configuration, so either change the laptop, or play the First Witcher and TEC Morovind.

r
requiemmm 12.03.21

What kind of Windows is that? On such a laptop, there is no practical sense to put anything newer than XP, the memory is only 2 gigs. My friend had such a device in the tenth year, there even Vista itself slowed down to a slideshow, not to mention something else on top. Pig rolled, it became easier. I cut off all services, except for the critical ones, it became more or less. Well, overheating, in the summer the laptops just burn at work, at least you need to make a stand with a couple of coolers. And completely old games may have compatibility problems, you have to dig into the settings there. The same Icewindale, he is on infinity, there in the settings you need to either cut off the shadows, or pseudotride for effects, it does not work well on modern hardware

P
Pecos_Bill 12.03.21

burn the console
Well, yes,
I wrote about Pecos_Bill_2.0: I'm
not very different,
I really set foot, the video is much better, but I didn't even think about the percentage.
AMAKUS
The first Witcher is still fine, and Morrowind lags just like Skyrim.
requiemmm Windows
7 32 bits, does not lag everything goes smoothly, the Internet and the programs also work. When it was 64 bit, everything was laid. And Icewinddale on my computer normally went with the same OS, well, then I'll dig into the settings.

b

Pecos_Bill_2.0
Yes, you must understand that there cannot be 1620 MHz in the GT 440 - I lost it, damn it is more frequency than in the GTX 970
And the processors are simply not comparable.

A
Achmed the Dead Terrorist 12.03.21

burn the console
http://www.nvidia.ru/object/product-geforce-gt-440-ru.html

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.21

such a laptop is not for gambling, that's the whole story

P
Pecos_Bill 12.03.21

burn the console
Probably I indicated the wrong frequency, here:

M