3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JABA AZAZINA 12.03.21 01:42 am

Lost Alpha, help is needed. (STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl)

I don't even know what to call it ... in general, what should I disable in the settings so that it disappears?

15 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilews 12.03.21

Nathan-Explosion Explosion
To make it disappear ???

J
JloKKu 12.03.21

Bright light? What are you talking about?

J
JABA AZAZINA 12.03.21

JloKKu, bazilews

yes, such a bright light. it was not there before. usually it appears if, for example, you look at the ground, and then into the distance, or when you leave Sidor's bunker (first from the basement, where you wake up, and then when you leave the bunker)

T
TheRealStalker 12.03.21

Can try to rearrange the game (before making a BackUp save)

S
SonyK_2 12.03.21

Nathan-Explosion Explosion wrote:
what to disable in the settings so that it disappears?
Lay out screenshots of the main and additional graphical settings + write a computer config - without this you can guess for a long time. Alpha itself is "clean", did not put anything on it?

K
Kilgrave2016 12.03.21

try using the console to reduce the value to 0.5
r2_tonemap_middlegray

x
xStriiim 12.03.21

ok brightness, it would be better to remove the dark night, you wander more than half of the game in the twilight. The texture of the Kalash is also terrible, black, cardboard, it would be better to leave the original if they do not know how to redo

J
JABA AZAZINA 12.03.21

TheRealStalker
There were already 3 different versions: 2 clean, 1 with several mods, or rather, an addon that does not affect brightness. First I set a clean one, everything was normal, then I set "LA New Level", that's where the problem started, then clean again, where the problem continued. I didn't just demolish the mod, before installing it again, I completely deleted the game (I just transferred LA to the Steam version)

J
JABA AZAZINA 12.03.21

SonyK.
Here's the joke, I turned off almost everything, except for the light of the npc, soft particles, wetting the surface, soft water and dx10.1 instead of 10.

And as for the computer - I don't think it's in the hardware, but for everyone: gtx 950 2GB, RAM 8GB , amd fx 4330, win10.

s
shhelkun 12.03.21

Kilgrave2016
yes, yes, yes .... I played at 0.6, there is also an adjustment for the glow of the surfaces r2_gloss_factor,
r2_tonemap_amount 1- this setting also removes the glow a little, you can play here:
r2_tonemap_adaptation-
r2_tonemap_lowlum - in these two settings I did not tinker from other sites),
mostly the rules r2_tonemap_amount, r2_gloss_factor, r2_tonemap_middlegray - this setting helped the most ...

J
JABA AZAZINA 12.03.21

Kilgrave2016
seems to help, but if you look at the ground, the brightness starts to go off scale again, and then gradually decrease. As I understand it, this is all due to the choice of lighting, because everything is fine on static and dynamic

S
Sidorovich12 12.03.21

Nathan-Explosion Explosion,
try playing around with the r2_tonemap_middlegray 0.5 parameters in the console. This is the dynamic brightness adjustment when changing the illuminated areas and the r2_ls_bloom_kernel_scale parameter is 0.5, which should reduce the white light that hits the eyes, reflected from the ground. In principle, both parameters can be customized, it is not necessary to specify the minimum values. Otherwise, a picture without bloom may seem less saturated, even a little squalid. And about Gloss_factor mentioned above, it is responsible only for the gloss on surfaces and almost does not affect reflections.

T
TheRealStalker 12.03.21

I don't think that will help, but maybe I left something in the registry, you can try to clean the registry with a cleaner like CCleaner or Ace Utilities

J
JABA AZAZINA 12.03.21

TheRealStalker
already seems to be fine. installed the clean version again, I don't see anything like this anymore

S
SonyK_2 12.03.21

Nathan-Explosion Explosion wrote:
As I understand it, this is all due to the choice of lighting, because everything is fine on static and dynamic.
Hardly - I played with maximum lighting more than once, it was not like that. The computer is weaker than yours, except for the amount of RAM - the config in the profile.
yes, everything seems to be fine. I installed the clean version again, I don't see anything like that anymore.
Well, since you wrote that you put something in addition, but on the clean version there are no problems - perhaps glitches because of this "addon".