3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MystikBeatz 12.03.21 02:10 am

Inadequate anti-aliasing. (Mirror's Edge Catalyst)

Hello everyone! I would like to ask for help.
No matter what settings I set the game to, the image is accompanied by unpleasant anti-aliasing, as if FXAA was inserted. Everything is blurry and blurry. There are no anti-aliasing tinctures in the game.
Is this originally conceived by the developers or can you change everything? If so, what methods are there?
17 Comments
Sort by:
D
DooM_slash 12.03.21

Alternatively, download the latest drivers or enable forced anti-aliasing for the game through the video card control panel.

k
killycrok 12.03.21

MystikBeatz
If there is a lot of FPS, then try DSR))))))

D
DooM_slash 12.03.21

killycrok
Relevant for 4K)

J
John Smith_18_ 12.03.21

If you don't like blur, turn off post-processing, it should help

M
MystikBeatz 12.03.21

DooM_slash
All actions in the points given by you were done immediately after the problem was discovered. The effect is zero. Everything is in order with the monitor. PC configuration in profile. (Information for reference)

R
R8TEDM3 12.03.21

MystikBeatz
Not only you faced this problem.
I watched the passage of YouTubers and there is the same heresy. Textures are loaded on the run, all posters and other objects are blurred.
However, both on ps and on pc. Most likely you will have to wait for patches.
We were promised something completely different. The graphics are top notch.
It seems to me that in the first part of the graph, in some places better. Yes, I don’t argue. New frostbite buns, all these shadows, sun glare look beautiful.
Maybe it was done so that everyone did not slow down, but you must admit that for individual computers, let's say how for those that exceed the recommended computer requirements, exceptions could be made.
I didn’t play it myself. There is no time yet. Maybe later. I have the same gt980 in addition to the i7.
Oh, and in what resolution do you play? Interesting to know. I think all manipulations with the nvidia control panel are also even?
I can understand with loading textures at low, medium settings. All this is done, of course, in order not to load the computer. But is it really at maximum speed? It remains to enjoy the soapy graphics. The most interesting thing is that the developers themselves did not raise this topic. And in general they are silent.

D
DooM_slash 12.03.21

MystikBeatz
Screen-Zoom would attach what you find fault with
AngeL ..
That's not necessary, on PS4 there are norms, but there are corresponding graphics (backdrops and texture loading).

M
MystikBeatz 12.03.21

AngeL ..
I play in classic Full HD. 1920x1080.

R
R8TEDM3 12.03.21

DooM_slash
Why is it not necessary? Look at least a walkthrough from Brain'a. In other games, he did not notice this. All his comments. And the video showed all this soap. Yes on the console I do not compare with the PC. The graphics should naturally be worse. But that wasn't in the trailers.

MystikBeatz
Didn't try to zoom up to 3840x2160 (4k)?))
But it is so. Obviously, if this is happening on a full age, what is there to think about.
I have already seen most of the complaints on foreign sites about the very problems related to graphics. And who has not tried that.
But in other way. One gets the opinion that this is a blur, you need to optimize the game itself. Maybe with all the frostbyte splashes and high-resolution textures, with the large dimensions of the whole city. Cause some indigestion? Maybe even top-end PCs are sinking. Of course, all this is guesswork. I would like to comment on this topic from the developers themselves. Obviously, this topic has already been raised on the official forums.
Oh yes! There are all sorts of sweets. Which should seem to improve the drawing. And remove some soap. I saw a similar thing for the batman of the Arkham Knight.

D
DooM_slash 12.03.21

AngeL ..
First look from TheBrainDit
Spoiler

What are you going to look at in action ...
Vanomas to help)

M
MystikBeatz 12.03.21

AngeL ..
I have a Full HD monitor. I see no point in taking 4K. I've always cared about graphics, but this built-in and unchanging anti-aliasing is so conspicuous that I can't ignore it. I repeat: it remains the same regardless of the settings. At least ultra, at least high, at least hyper.

R
R8TEDM3 12.03.21

MystikBeatz
I'm not talking about a 4k monitor right now. You can increase the resolution in another way.
With the same anti-aliasing, I met in Batman a kind of fxaa. Unpleasant blur.
The fix is ​​sweetfx. At least not completely, but it was much easier and more pleasant to watch. More than the original. Yes, here and for mirrorsa like the craftsmen have already washed down.

M
MystikBeatz 12.03.21

DooM_slash
I agree with TheBrainDit. The design work has been done with a bang. The City of Mirrors is really impressive, it is nice to be in, but the backdrops and detailing are in complete ass.

K
Kerlibish 12.03.21

MystikBeatz
There you need to disable the "limitation on the use of GPU video memory" and the textures become normal (depending on the graphics settings, of course).
It's just not a fact that the game will work adequately after that. On Nvidia video cards, it seems like everything is fine, but on AMD, disconnection leads to crashes or even the impossibility of starting the game (on the latest driver).
Or you can wait for patches.

M
MystikBeatz 12.03.21

Kerlibish
Tried this too . Everything is the same as before. I put a limit, I do not put it - one shit.

A
Aips95 12.03.21

MystikBeatz
Forgot to add anti-aliasing setting.
Do this: put the settings in the "general" column - at least, save, then switch "manually" and set the graphics as you need. I so passed out. We get rid of the ladders with the "scaling" slider (in my opinion, the 1.15 scale is optimal)

M
MystikBeatz 12.03.21

Aips95 By the
way, I figured it out too! I just accidentally set it to low, and then manually set everything as it should, and, voila, inadequate anti-aliasing was gone!