3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tesla707 12.03.21 02:10 am

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Gears of War)

I tried to do deployment (like Quantum Break), of course it didn't work. I started looking for the reason, but I still did not understand why QB is deployed and launched, but Gears is not.
For the test, I tried to deploy and run Forza 6 downloaded from the Store in the same way. The result is the same as with Gears - the deployment takes place, and when you try to start the game, it immediately closes without any crashes.
I reworked AppManifest for QB (both for Gears and Forza 6), slightly to the side (the line is the same as in the QB manifest) and the deployment crashes.
In general, I have no idea if AppManifest is native to QB, or it was also rebuilt in some way (which is most likely the case), and if it was rebuilt, then according to the same principle it is necessary to collect a manifest for Gears, and it may be possible to launch the game.
5 Comments
Sort by:
x
x [GAMER] x 12.03.21

I've tried it too. He was also very interested in why, after all, they managed to hack Quantum, while Girza still has not. What's the secret? But I could not find an answer on the Internet. A mystery covered in darkness. Quantum hacked like one person under the nickname Disyer, you need to ask him if he can or will he take this secret with him to the grave. By the way, I am very glad that at least someone else besides me is interested in this, otherwise I thought that was it. Good luck dude. Share your achievements in this thread, if that suddenly. I will also try to figure out something.

t
tesla707 12.03.21

x [GAMER] x
so far the most important difference is the manifest. Gears and Forza 6 have similarities:
Windows.Universal
ActivatableClass
windows.protocol

while QB has this:
Windows.Desktop
ActivatableClass does not have
windows.protocol at all.

I think it's just the platform. I don’t know, this is some kind of modification, or the developers unknowingly allowed this exploit, specifying the target platform as Desktop during assembly, thereby "partially" unlinking the game from the UWP, which ultimately allowed it to launch. One thing is clear - you need to learn more about UWP, how it works, write some test programs. Only there is not enough time for everything, now I'm working on the driver (kernel mode display-only miniport driver). I created the MantleSDK developer tools (which AMD never did) from the official manual (if anyone is interested in my github repository https://github.com/tesla707/Mantle), now I want to adapt and integrate this API into the Intel graphics card driver ( at least initialization).

x
x [GAMER] x 12.03.21

tesla707
Thanks for the information, I learned a lot. I found something here too. In the AppManifest document, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition has a line of some kind of key, but in the Quantum Break document, this line is not. Tell me, is this a significant difference or just another trifle?

t
tesla707 12.03.21

x [GAMER] x
is actually a line in QB (in the very first distributions). When deploying, it was recommended to delete it, so it is not available anywhere.
AppManifest is a kind of map that indicates some keys (I don't even know what to call it better) when integrating applications into UWP.
here to understand all this, you first need to understand the concepts of a data loader into memory. In order to make a program executable, its source code must be processed by a translator (compiler), which converts the text of the programming language into machine code. Machine codes of processor instructions are numbers that contain information about the kind of operation being performed (addition, transfer, check, etc.), as well as the location of the operands used in this instruction. In some cases, the operands themselves are included in the command code. In order for the program to be executed, it must be loaded from disk into memory and control must be transferred to it. The operating system will find the program file, load it into memory, and tell the processor the address of the first command. From this point on, the processor begins to sequentially execute the instructions of the loaded program.

and so UWP, in part, acts as a bootloader. The executable of the game cannot start on its own, tk. has a PE structure different from Win32, i.e. the standard bootloader simply does not understand this file (this is the same as trying to run a Linux or mac os executable in windows). UWP is the connecting link between the machine code of the executable and the bootloader.

NET Native technology is used to create Universal Windows Applications (UWP) - the compilation of IL libraries with managed code into native libraries.
When building a project in debug mode, IL-code is used on top of CoreCLR, packaged into an application. .NET system assemblies are added to the application code and the application respects the dependency on the Microsoft .NET.CoreRuntime (CoreCLR) package.
When building a project in release mode, by default, the application starts using the .NET Native build chain. Since the package is compiled to native code, it is no longer required that the package contains the .NET framework libraries. In addition, the package now depends on the latest version of the .NET Native environment, as opposed to the CoreCLR package.
A significant change in business as a result of the move to .NET Native is the creation of a Store package.
One of the key features of .NET Native is that the compiler can run in the cloud.
When the manifest for the Store is built, two packages are created: a .appxupload for the Store and a “test” .appx for a local installation.
The .appxupload package contains MSIL assemblies as well as explicit references to the .NET Native version used by the application (specified in AppxManifest.xml).
This package is then uploaded to the Store and compiled using the same version of the .NET Native compilation chain.

x
x [GAMER] x 12.03.21

tesla707
Look what I've found. In one group, they sell like offline activations of games with Denuvo. The hike at this Windows Store is terribly stupid protection, it should be cheated like you can't do it. He can simply find any license holder, then find the file responsible for the license, ask for a copy of this file and stitch it into the game folder or some other, maybe even manipulate it a little, if that. Or it is stupid to make a backup of any folders / files from the license owner's PC. So that, exactly like in this method, the game thinks that we bought the game and tied it to our computer, but only without giving access to our PC to someone through any remote access / programs, logging into your account on our PC of the license holder, etc. etc. How do you like this idea? Do you want to consider it sometime at your leisure, when you have free time?