3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Z
ZiZu Zankercu 12.03.21 02:14 am

enlightened ones, we need your help!

Good day, I have a question for people who are well versed in gaming hardware.
I want to update the hardware on my computer.
I am going to change: the
motherboard, the
RAM, the
processor The

hardware needs to be matched to the Nvidia GTX 1070
. finance 50 thousand rubles.
What I'm going to buy:
Motherboard ASRock H170M PRO4
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K OEM
RAM Kingston HyperX FURY [HX421C14FB / 16] 16 GB (1 bracket)
Cooling system Corsair H75

Just tell me, I currently have an 800 watt power supply installed, will I have enough for this hardware + gtx 1070 or do I need more powerful?
PS installed at the moment xdd 2 pcs. 2 TB seagate. there is no drive and I am not going to put it. 8 coolers Arkul 120 mm.
13 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hattack 12.03.21

ZiZu Zankercu wrote:
ASRock
Not the best choice ....

Z
ZiZu Zankercu 12.03.21

Hattack
advise another.

D
Dark537 12.03.21

ZiZu Zankercu The
block is enough. operative, I would take 2 to 8. Mother is definitely different. Not only is ASRock kaka also h for a processor with k. Take a closer look at the motherboards z (GIGABYTE, MSI, by and large, taste, but I would not take asrok)

b
back37 12.03.21

ZiZu Zankercu wrote:
H170M ... i7-6700K ... 1 bar
Agree with Dark537 - Why and why? Why take a processor with an unlocked multiplier and a motherboard on a stripped-down H170? Either take a motherboard on the Z170 with the same processor (Gigabyte, Asus, Msi ...), or the same 6700, only without the K index and if overclocking is needed, then only Asrock, which have long earned the title of a "budget" brand, but but they are able to overclock the processor according to BCLK (it is true that overclocking according to BCLK, that the budget can greatly affect the durability).
If overclocking is not needed, then a higher brand (Gigabyte, Asus, MSI) is better. I myself prefer Gigabyte motherboards (but there is no video, the cooler dies out quickly), simply because since the shaggy times, my acquaintances have burned certain components on Asus and MSI (sound, network, bridges ... yes, I myself have burned out Asus motherboard on socket 478), all my gigabytes worked flawlessly, but that was a long time ago and now they are already vryatli they are inferior to each other, except for the name and design, with the exception of really unsuccessful, individual models, about which negative reviews will immediately be visible in any market, because the preference for a certain brand here is more a matter of habit.
Well RAM - better to lower volume 2 strips, but in dual channel mode, than one big, especially for a gaming PC and the more modern, and better for sokketa 2011-3 and 4 did, because there are four-channel memory;)

And on account of the fact that to advise something specific - it is better to choose yourself according to the parameters set, because the availability, and prices in different stores and even more so in cities, differ greatly.

X
X_ray_83 12.03.21

back37
Asrock is just a slag not in terms of characteristics but in terms of quality. Ask any seller sane, he will answer you the level of marriage is off scale this atstoy normal traders take do not want yourself less headache. Or in the service ask at least which motherboards will be answered for repair: Asrock, Biostar - "masterpieces" of PC components.

H
Hattack 12.03.21

ZiZu Zankercu
All my semi-conscious life I use exclusively ASUS. And I have never had a single complaint. Only once. It was ASUS P5G41 M LX. The reason is simple, this is an office motherboard, with all that it implies.
And if the list of the passed experiences, it was: ASUS Maximus Formula LGA775 X38, ASUS Rampage Formula LGA775 X48, ASUS P5E3 Premium (WiFi-AP @n), Asus P5Q Deluxe, Asus P5Q-E, ASUS Z87 Deluxe ...
A ASRock, sorry for the expression - vyser. Well, at least some arguments in her defense, it is not unambiguous.
If not Asus, then at least, as back37 already said (I agree with him and the rest, too, 100%), this is MSI or Gigabyte.
Something like this)

W
WWQ 12.03.21

Xs, there is a 2011 socket on the working computer, no problems.

Z
ZiZu Zankercu 12.03.21

Dark537
back37
X_ray_83
Hattack
thanks for answering . I will believe the majority and will look closely at Asus. Thank you for answering my questions, but forgive me for the next "stupid" question - why do not you advise taking a processor of the "K" series? I don't know much about processors, but I haven't dealt with Intel in general for 15 years, well, I've never overclocked at all (I took it immediately with overclocking from the manufacturer), so the post about processors is not very clear to me.
can you explain in the simplest language? you are welcome.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.21

shit pholo stupid assembled
if overclocking of the processor is needed - a good-quality atx or e-atx motherboard with a chipset is taken as advised zet 100 some for 1151 sockets, respectively.
overclocking is not needed - mat board is taken from ash or bee, which are already there. and a processor without an index k. this does not mean that from processor to in this case it will get worse, but the money will get worse.
memory did not burn out for something. Memory performance will play a role on performance in games up to a certain point.
in case of installing 1 module of even high-speed memory, the read / write speed will be lost. any loading freezing soap will come. therefore, for performance, almost any bakery, especially with a powerful multi-core processor, makes sense to put 2 memory cards in 2-channel mode. for overclocking and even more so.

D
Dark537 12.03.21

ZiZu Zankercu
No, why not. Just K with unlocked multipliers i.e. it can be overclocked. Accordingly, the motherboard Z is desirable.If you don’t drive, then feel free to take a percentage without K and mother H + does not need dropsy for a percentage, an ordinary tower will be enough (in all honesty, a box turntable is enough, but not worth it))

-
-SK.art- 12.03.21

ZiZu Zankercu wrote:
Motherboard ASRock H170M PRO4
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K OEM
for this processor it is more appropriate to buy a motherboard based on the Z170 chipset.
ZiZu Zankercu wrote:
The cooling system of the Corsair H75 is
homogeneous. If you really can't buy a one-section LSS, then take Arctic Liquid Freezer 120, it is cheaper, more efficient and quieter.
ZiZu Zankercu wrote:
at the moment an 800 watt power supply is installed, will it be enough for this hardware + gtx 1070 or do I need more powerful?
a normal 800-watt drive is enough for two 1070 watts. Name the model.

b
back37 12.03.21

ZiZu Zankercu wrote:
can you explain in the most simple language? you are welcome.
Ok ... the K index of the processor means an unlocked multiplier, and it becomes possible to overclock it without affecting the rest of the system, i.e. percent can "melt" but the rest of the system will remain as efficient as without overclocking.
But not everything is so simple with overclocking - in order to be able to overclock the RAM, you need a Z series chipset, and to change the processor multiplier, you also need a processor with the K index, on the B series (for business) and H (for home) the multiplier cannot be changed, but overclocking RAM was significantly limited, and with the advent of Skylake, overclocking the RAM on them (B and H) became completely impossible, plus intel decided to prohibit everyone and more risky overclocking - overclocking the BCLK (system bus) with which it was possible to "work miracles" earlier and not bad So to overclock processors and RAM without having a Z-series chipset, but at the same time it was possible to burn bridges easily if you overdid it, and in principle the system became less stable.

Z
ZiZu Zankercu 12.03.21

thank you all for your help, advice and answers to my questions. now I will go to the store knowing what to watch.
thank!