3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tommy_Koratel 12.03.21 02:22 am

small FPS (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

very small FPS. Yes, my PC is not very powerful, but even the pirated part 3 gave out 15-25 FPS (no need to laugh, this is an achievement for my bucket personally). the second part produces 9-14 FPS. maybe someone knows how to raise FPS. I'm just finishing the first part and I want to start playing the second right away. (of course, I ran both parts at minimum)
24 Comments
Sort by:
u
urban.kalabanovich 12.03.21

Tommy_Koratel
What settings do you play? Transcendental quality is not activated by chance

d
dzensunni 12.03.21

Do not install patch 1.4. After him, my FPS also fell sharply.

T
Tommy_Koratel 12.03.21

urban.kalabanovich
wrote I run
dzensunni on the minimum salaries
and how not to put it? I just have a incentive license. bought last December

W
Wild rider 12.03.21

dzensunni
Optimization with patches got lost, but this is not an option, then a lot of content in the game is lost.

Tommy_Koratel
At your own risk, use various software accelerators (Razer Game Booster is advised on the incentive), or reinstall the drivers (make a custom clean installation).

Even on my pc, the game also manages to freeze wildly in many places, but with a decent fps. I partially solved the problem by changing the config in the system, changing the TextureMemoryBudget value to a higher one. In general, it's time for me to switch to ssd.

T
Tommy_Koratel 12.03.21

Wild Rider,
can you tell us more about the changes in the config in the system and the TextureMemoryBudget?

W
Wild rider 12.03.21

Tommy_Koratel Game
root folder - bin - config - user. In the user file, find the TextureMemoryBudget and increase the setting from 400 to the desired value (video memory minus 800). How much video memory do you have? If you have a video card with 1 gig or less, then I do not advise you to touch anything.
Again, I have a decent fps in the game, about 60, and at maximum settings, but the game still periodically freezes, I changed the parameter only because of this. If you have low FPS, then it is unlikely that this method will help you.

s
saa0891 12.03.21

Tommy_Koratel wrote:
yes, I do not have a very powerful PC
This does not mean anything, write the config, then you can have a conversation.

I look here, some write that the optimization with patches was lost, that I did not see anything like this, everything went fine on the latest versions, but I remember very well there were a lot of problems on the release version due to the protection system, if someone does not remember.

S
Slipnot6 12.03.21

If you have a video card from nvidia, then remove the 3Dvision drivers, my FPS was sagging precisely because of this

T
Tommy_Koratel 12.03.21

Slipnot6
exactly how to do it

S
Slipnot6 12.03.21

Tommy_Koratel
If I remembered) I first demolished it back in 2011 and never put it again ... Look in the control panel - uninstall programs, if you don't find it there, then just when you put new firewood - uncheck two items in the custom installation in the name of which 3D

U
USSoldier 12.03.21

Tommy_Koratel
well, if your computer does not pull, well, it makes sense to create a theme?

d
ded_dimitriy 12.03.21

By the way, the Razer Game Booster helped me a lot at the time. You can also try.

P
POLKOVNIK2005 12.03.21

Remove the old drivers with the Display Driver Uninstaller program and roll new ones - you will be happy
PS I didn't believe it myself until I tried an increase of 10-15 fps on high / ultra tinctures of firewood 364.72

T
Tommy_Koratel 12.03.21

Thompson1929
I wrote that even part 3 gives me more FPS than 2.

U
USSoldier 12.03.21

Tommy_Koratel
you don't even have 30 fps, what's the point of running the game?

D
DeadMan451 12.03.21

Tommy_Koratel
Ubersampling (outrageous quality) cut down. This bastard is capable of driving any car into a stupor.
And also apply your game settings completely, we will be able to more substantively say what to tweak.

T
Tommy_Koratel 12.03.21

DeadMan451 is
disabled. here are the settings on which I'm trying to start the witcher
Spoiler

D
DeadMan451 12.03.21

Tommy_Koratel H
-yes, it's all strange, you already have nothing to cut off in the game settings.
Config of the computer in the studio.

T
Tommy_Koratel 12.03.21

DeadMan451
Spoiler
and no laughing matter . I got it for free. I won it in a dispute.

J
JOKERIVAN 12.03.21

Tommy_Koratel
And before the dispute did you use what?
I can advise you to lower the resolution, this is the only way I could play on the old video, since these times are long in the past
And also look in the net for a detailed description of each setting, in my opinion the "depth of field" just ate the video a lot, unlike the same quality of textures