3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shuma2 12.03.21 02:39 am

Bear or Cat? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Tell me, what kind of armor is better to collect, a bear or a cat? I understand that energy is restored faster in a cat, and a bear has more armor, but still, what do you like best? Thank!
20 Comments
Sort by:
B
BlackMiror 12.03.21

Griffin)

Q
Qellforine 12.03.21

It depends fundamentally on the style of play and the skills used. But after a couple of experiments, I decided that the cat would be better. There is more Dps from fast attacks + the necessary skills even more accelerate this indicator. And in the end, the witcher is not a tank, to stand and catch splashes in the face, you need to move more.
But this is so, purely my subjective opinion :)

Q
Qellforine 12.03.21

BlackMiror
Has the right to exist only when swinging through the signs.

R
RGC 12.03.21

I also think that the witcher is not a tank, but purely for aesthetic preferences - a bear and only he

G
Gibsoncheg 12.03.21

Qellforine
You described it as if you were playing an MMORPG, it doesn't matter what armor you run, it doesn't affect dps at all, defense and damage from swords are absolutely the same at level 4 of upgrades, a cat gives% attack, a bear gives% damage from adrenaline stacks in total equally increases damage. At the expense of skills, you simply combine heavy and light attacks with the corresponding improvements in the swordsman tree and you get stuns from heavy and bleeding from light ones. The armor has absolutely no effect on speed and it is not necessary, as you wrote, "to catch attacks with your face." Just an aesthetic part and nothing more.

S
Shuma2 12.03.21

Gibsoncheg
That is, in fact, between a cat and a bear to choose in appearance? Will the damage be about the same? Well, the bear is slowly recovering energy, right?

C
Captain greed 12.03.21

Gibsoncheg
Bear gives you adrenaline gain bonuses. At the expense of a combination of, again, heavy and light blows, there are a limited number of places for skills, it is better to choose one thing + signs or an alchemist. In a bear, I would try to make a build through adrenaline, there are still quite a few perks for it. It's a pity there is no build calculator.

G
Gibsoncheg 12.03.21

IAragornI
Signs are cast due to adrenaline, but in fact I don't use them in a bear. The printscreen does not work in the game for some reason, so I will paint with my hands what I play through:

Swordsman branch (first branch):
Fast attacks:
Body memory, Precise strikes, Whirlwind, Pinning strikes.
Power Attacks:
Strength Training, Crushing Strikes, Break.
Defense:
Light legs, Counterattack

General skills (fourth branch):
Bear school techniques, Anger management, Adrenaline rush.

In total, 12 skills are obtained just under 12 skill slots. Mutagens are red. The build has excellent protection, because during the roll you do not receive damage, and the counterattack knocks down human opponents. The damage from the power special attack I dispersed under 4k crit. Fast at 1.5k + bleeding. Combine them and there will be no problems

i
izoon34 12.03.21

bear firing steeper
first and last armor))

P
Pulse Ultra 12.03.21

Gibsoncheg
Printscreen in 90% of games does not plow if full screen mode is enabled, and if it works in the window. For that there are programs like fraps

B
Bupycop 12.03.21

IAragornI
why don't you ask questions, "To play or not to play?"

S
Shuma2 12.03.21

Bupycop Why
my question doesn't suit you? Now at work, before coming home, I want to decide what to craft, because there is no desire to spend ingredients on crafting both sets.

i
ilya1iz2 12.03.21

As for me, the bear looks just gorgeous, especially the last one. Only I have a small trouble, I can't craft the last level of a silver sword, who will tell me where to find this REBIS? Either a recipe for it, or from someone to buy it.

A
Alex coachman 12.03.21

Qellforine
Plus. In my opinion, the cat's style is more in line with Geralt's fighting style. Therefore, I myself walk on light armor in order to circle around the enemy, wear them out, cut them, throw them with signs. Alternatively, with a stretch, there can still be medium armor (although this is more likely not fish, not meat). And the heavy one does not at all fit with the Witchers in general and Geralt in particular.

B
Bupycop 12.03.21

Shuma2
because you have to answer this question yourself, because you have to play

Q
Qellforine 12.03.21

Gibsoncheg
I disagree with you.
Strong attacks will stun, yes. There is a lot of damage from them, yes. But they have one huge drawback, which is the speed of striking. Of course, at an easy / medium difficulty level, a couple of missed hits will not play a strong role, but at a high and insane level, each hit can become fatal. Moreover, if you are trying to pile on some monster. Just as my practice has shown, some monsters may simply not have time to inflict a powerful attack, because you threaten to catch a splash on the floor of hp.

Into the build account.
The techniques of the Cat School will disperse damage more than the Bear School. Why? A full set of light armor increases the chance to crit. damage twice. Considering the attack speed and special attack in the first branch, critical hits do their job with interest.
Pinning blows, as for me, are generally a useless skill. I somehow took it to the last level and went to distribute luli to the wild hunt, bleeding inflicted 22 units to the knights. damage. Considering that I knocked out 300-700 units with swords.
Plus, the vortex is not very badly distributed over the area.
By the way, in fast attacks there is also a plus if you put the runes on the chance of stunning / arson / freezing, etc. then, of course, the effects will take off more often.
Anger management is a useless perk for me personally. If you play through light armor + one branch of signs, then energy in battle is regenerated very, very quickly, and you can put something more useful in this slot.
PS To say that armor is an aesthetic part and nothing more, given the fact that about 30-40% of the build is tied to equipment .... well, sorry. Although I will repeat myself, it may not play a special role at 1 2 difficulty level, but then you have to properly swing Geralt, otherwise you will load very often.

PS Who loves experiments, try the skill build through the armor of the Griffin, that's where the signs are really interesting.

G
Gibsoncheg 12.03.21

Qellforine
I might even give you a plus. Roll me a build on a cat, I still want to replay the witcher and will probably do it in another build, purely for a change)

C
Captain greed 12.03.21

Qellforine
On the critical strike chance of the light armor perk. This is a localizer error, in fact there is a crit. damage, not chance.

S
Sapfir88.88 12.03.21

Shuma2
Bear and enchant at the rune for an easy set. And the damage will be stats. Well, if he went to Blood and Wine, then Manticore.

s
saa0891 12.03.21

Spoiler