3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MAS_2021 12.03.21 03:03 am

Please help with the AW Aurora R-11 upgrade

Hello!
I have an Alienware Aurora R11 R11-7984 PC.
I want to upgrade, but it's not clear what components are compatible with it.

The first question is that you need to change the power supply (it costs 550 W), because when replacing vidyuhi and RAM, this seems to be not enough. What to insert there and where to get it in Russia?
Second - What RAM and video card do you recommend?
Third - maybe we sell compatible components somewhere or there are specialized sites / stores so that you can be sure that they will fit / fit and will work normally, because I myself, unfortunately, cannot appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!
8 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 12.03.21

MAS_2021
In this case, if you bought Aurora before and did not know Zen with accessories - Go on a journey for a new Aurora. There is no other way for you. This is your Path.

b
barabear 12.03.21

MAS_2021
And what is the problem to disassemble and select by size, or is there some kind of proprietary hardware that works only with native components, and with unique shapes and dimensions?

M
MAS_2021 12.03.21

Ryazancev
I don't know what you mean , but sarcasm counts))

M
MAS_2021 12.03.21

barabear
Well, the power supply unit, for example, is built-in there and it seems to me that it is not universal. Therefore, there were questions about all the components. Case Form Factor Midi Tower.

M
MAS_2021 12.03.21

M
MAS_2021 12.03.21

MunchkiN 616
Thanks for the detailed answer!
CPU-Z says the following:

M
Marsj 12.03.21

One 16 GB bracket in single-channel mode is bad. Make two-channel mode, buy two dies - the whole upgrade. Disassemble the case, take measurements of the power supply and look there for the place for the video card, if the goal is to change the video card.

M
MAS_2021 12.03.21

Marsj
Got it, thanks!