3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DominoPK 13.03.21 12:29 am

The best drivers for Nvidia cards? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello everyone. I have a question, which version of drivers from Nvidia is best suited to a particular game, that is, which one gives the most performance, in this case in The Witcher 3? Please write if you checked it yourself, since I myself also have guesses - on the one hand, it is best to put the latest ones, as Nvidia themselves assure us, but on the other hand, we all know perfectly well that they kill old ones with new and new firewood cards for new games.

I myself have never noticed this, since I did not conduct such experiments, but I read somewhere that some old games from one guy ran better on old drivers than on new ones.

In general, let's talk about it)
10 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dimash Zhagiparov 13.03.21

So nvidia has only 1 driver, game ready, which simply optimizes new games and that's it.

m
moonchild69 13.03.21

DominoPK
latest version

r
rambling 13.03.21

Super stupid topic. What do you want to hear? Over the past 10 years, I've seen a lot with Nvidia cards and drivers. I can tell you here a whole essay to paint what under what drivers goes / does not go and how. Or should I compose an encyclopedia of bugs?
What's the catch of the topic?

The answer to your question. The best version is 260.99. Your viduha probably doesn't even support her.

P
Pro100 Andrew 13.03.21

It costs 365.10 and I'm not worried. In my opinion, firewood is not as critical as the optimization of the game itself. Crooked game and wood cannot be fixed

D
DominoPK 13.03.21

rambling
Well, write it down. Dick are you cuddling around here? The topic is not interesting - pass by, business then.
And I just wanted to hear some experienced one who knows a lot about this topic. A person who can sensibly explain how to choose the right drivers for a particular game, because, as I wrote above, the firewood version plays a role in performance, albeit not high, but still.

But you can see some who have divorced their parents or have poured a bunch of dough on a top-end PC (which is far from cheap now), of course, do not feel the difference from the firewood. That's why they write all sorts of nonsense, in order to help and explain.

D
DominoPK 13.03.21

Pro100 Andrew I
totally agree) But still, for this or that game, the correct firewood can throw a little performance or stability. Moreover, considering that a year has already passed since the release of the same Witcher, and the firewood there has probably been updated 10 times already, and the game is already 12 (or how much is there?). So, perhaps for the current version of the game there is a more optimal version of drivers than the last 368.39?

M
MunchkiN 616 13.03.21

the question is better to put which video card is best suited for vicner 3
and so for example I tested the pitch on some driver before the release of this game and support if and after. I did not see the difference in FPS in terms of 1 GPU. and then the game started to update so that everything is in soap.
I saw a joke with drivers only in anaboiz dream of reason, where, before the first patches, an extra nvidia card to the radeon cross fire added good fps. the second game was wunch dogno, I studied it badly. its essence is that ultra super textures which, by definition, should not work well for me, but worked somehow, they became playable in exchange for if and after playing on ultra textures it began to freeze like this 50 times more. not without patches, of course.
I've never seen anything interesting in my life. Well, for the sake of interest, I compared different tests at different times. the 580 is not bad, so the FPS fell in the metro 2033 in a year. but these are different stands and not at my bakery.

r
rambling 13.03.21

DominoPK wrote:
I just wanted to hear some experienced one who knows a lot about this topic. A person who can sensibly explain how to choose the right driver for a particular game
Answer: no way. In most versions of the video driver, 10% of the changes are not described in the changelog. You just don't know what's really changed. Not everything is registered even in a PDF file. And if no one knows the full list of bugs, changes and compatibility problems for each driver version, how would you like to be advised to you?

Personally, I came to the conclusion that version 260.99 is the best (although I know bugs in it too) after many years of testing under various games. And of all the games out there, I tested probably 0.3%. So my word is not worth a dime here either. Despite the extensive experience of "dealing" with NVIDIA bugs (and even extensive experience in solving them), what I know is just a drop in the ocean.

P
Pro100 Andrew 13.03.21

DominoPK
Yes, it goes without saying . Firewood will help to slightly raise the FPS, but I have not seen anywhere that different drivers are tested) You will have to figure it out yourself. There was some buzz recently with drivers that some of them were causing huge problems, since then I have not updated the drivers.

A
Argo R 13.03.21

rambling wrote:
Personally, I came to the conclusion that version 260.99 is the best. I
wonder how you can come to the conclusion that the ancient version of the drivers for ancient cards that Witcher 3 actually will not pull is the best? This driver seems to be also under XP ... What did you compare with?
Or maybe older drivers for the second DzhiFors are even better?