3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
WWQ 13.03.21 12:29 am

Lubrication of coolers, elimination of extraneous noise and a question for the knowledgeable

Recently, I decided to put the computer in order, changed all thermal pads, thermal paste. wherever possible, even on bridges, he also disassembled and lubricated all the coolers, only 2 creaked, one on the tower, the other on the VCR, the rest for the company.
In the form of grease, cheto foolishly went to drain machine oil
(new from a jar) brand shell 0w0 (full synthetics)
well, and a syringe dripped a little coolers, the noise is completely gone, now they work fine, BUT, for example, the speed of the cooler on the tower used to reach 1875 rpm - now the maximum 1820, the vidyuha was spinning stably at 4550, now 4200 -4300
That is, everywhere the speed dropped a little, in fact, the question is, is it because of machine oil (viscous) or from the fact that I disassembled the non-separable coolers?))) (I stupidly tore off the impeller, then back snapped)
PS: MB is still being developed ...
7 Comments
Sort by:
a
angry Pomeranian Armenian 13.03.21

WWQ
http://ydoma.info/kompjuter-kak-smazat-kuler.html

W
WWQ 13.03.21

today I measured the rpm, the cooler on the turret was unchanged, but in the video the speed was the same as before. So machine oil is fine)

S
SonyK_2 13.03.21

WWQ
Suitable, but personally, my liquid oil "wears out" faster. At first I tried to lubricate it with a spindle, but then replaced it with ordinary petroleum jelly - no matter how ridiculous it may sound. It is enough for me for 1.5 - 2 months - then the "propellers" begin to "riot" (old). Together with the lubrication of the coolers, I clean the computer from dust - so that later I do not climb inside again ...

H
Hisant 13.03.21

There is one question, I think on this topic. Yesterday I bought 3 additional coolers in the case, connected them to a standard speed controller like a knife switch (* high * * off * * low *). So, when you turn on low revs after idle, there is a rubbing sound and two of the three coolers do not spin. They start spinning if you turn on the low speed again (low -> off -> low) and the sound goes away, or if you immediately turn on the high ones with a decrease to low ones. So, what exactly is the problem?

W
WWQ 13.03.21

Hisant
when the cooler spins quickly - it almost floats in the air, when slowly it meets more resistance from friction or simply lacks tension (see the specification of the valves) there are such valves that do not want to work with a reobass.

H
Hisant 13.03.21

WWQ
Yes, it seems that the kit included lowering switches (zalman zm-f3 led), so it should be designed for reobass.

W
WWQ 13.03.21

Hisant
well xs , try to twist them with your finger, if it starts, it means they don't have enough tension (to start)