3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Strelec-zmeya 13.03.21 12:33 am

The number of bots and points on different map sizes (16, 32, 64) (Battlefield 2)

Hi everyone!
I know how to make different number of points on different card sizes. But here's how to put a different number of bots on these sizes? And then the map is small, but there are 64 people running around. One meat.
9 Comments
Sort by:
_
_Zuko_42_ 13.03.21

Strelec-zmeya
If you play Singleplayer, then it is enough to add to the mods file mod name Levels map name server.zip game_modes sp1 number of players ai StrategicAreas.ai the line:
aiSettings.setMaxNBots NN, NN - the desired number of bots, preferably with a calculation, for example, 15 bots + 1 person = 16 players, i.e. to have an odd number of bots. Here the game itself will arrange everyone equally.
If you play Coop, then before each launch of the map, just set the required number of bots in the server settings. If you try to change the number of bots in the same way as in Singleplayer, then the game will first shove (I had it) the first 24 bots into the enemy team (where usually Arabs or Chinese), and the rest into its own team. In order for the game to distribute the players equally, you will also have to change the ratio of bots (for 16 players, put somewhere around 16-17, for 32 players - somewhere around 33).
---
PS Found a solution for Coop:
Add to mods mod name Levels map name server.zip game_modes game mode number of players ai StrategicAreas.ai:
aiSettings.setMaxNBots NN
And in the mods file mod name Levels map name server.zip game_modes game mode number of players GamePlayObjects.con add:
sv.coopBotCount NN

S
Strelec-zmeya 13.03.21

_Zuko_42_
Thank you! I'll try one of these days. ))

S
Strelec-zmeya 13.03.21

_Zuko_42_
Do I need to remove the file from the AIBotChanger.ai program for this? And what settings should be in the AIDefault.ai file?
I stand in such a fashion:
aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

REM Original the AIX bot settings in a case you Up Need to copy-and paste the below
REM aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
REM aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
REM aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
REM aiSettings.setBotSkill 1.0
REM
REM *** keep the above lines intact in case you need to copy / paste them below ***

REM *** make changes here ***
REM *** max possible bots in assigned squads is 107, any more than 107 bots will not receive orders from commander
REM *** overrideMenuSettings 1 must be set, otherwise mod and map defaults will take precedence ***
REM *** botskill range is .10 to 1.00 ***
REM

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings. 1.0 setBotSkill

run BotNames.ai

aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 48

run AIPathFinding.ai

rem EOF

Run AIBotChanger.ai

in such BF2:

aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill 1.0

rem To spawn more than 15 bots in SP, use the following lines instead of the three lines above.
rem Note that this is totaly unsupported, it will affect your system's performance
rem and may even crash your game. That being said, you will most likely be able to run a lot
rem more bots than 15 on your system.

32 rem Example for game with expert bot bots

rem aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
rem aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
rem aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
rem 1.0 aiSettings.setBotSkill

run BotNames.ai

aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 32

run AIPathFinding.ai

rem EOF

Run AIBotChanger.ai

_
_Zuko_42_ 13.03.21

Strelec-zmeya
You don't need to demolish anything, the game will just change the values ​​when the map is loaded

S
Strelec-zmeya 13.03.21

_Zuko_42_
I tried it without an additional file. Put 15 people. In a single player game, when you start everything is good 8 by 8, and when you switch to the other side, it turns out 7 by 9 for some reason. Made for COOP. There, in general, it turns out 2 people against 15 bots. The balancer does not work in the game.

_
_Zuko_42_ 13.03.21

Strelec-zmeya
In a single player game, when you start everything is good 8 by 8, and when you go to the other side, it turns out 7 to 9 for some reason.
The same garbage I did
for COOP. There, in general, it turns out 2 people against 15 bots. The balancer does not work in the game.
Check the bot ratio in the settings, it should be 50
Or add sv.coopBotRatio 50 in GamePlayObjects.con - this will even ignore the server settings and when the map is loaded the bot ratio will be set to 50

S
Strelec-zmeya 13.03.21

_Zuko_42_
I set the ratio of 50 in the settings and in the map itself - it helped. And then there was 100 in the settings. But damn, no matter how I tried, but when switching to another command, both in single and in COOP, the commands are not balanced ... Even in the line aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0 set the value 1, all the same with an even total number of bots and with an odd total the same. For the initial team, the balance is excellent, with the transition it becomes unequal ...
And I also wanted to ask: Once upon a time I put more than 64 bots in the game. They were, but the "superfluous" had no names and they could be recognized on "friend or foe" only by the minimap. How to fix it?

_
_Zuko_42_ 13.03.21

Strelec-zmeya
Once upon a time I put more than 64 bots in the game. They were, but the "superfluous" had no names and they could be recognized on "friend or foe" only by the minimap. How to fix it?
I also had, just the HUD limit was exhausted, the leader of the 7th squad, instead of the number 7, had a vehicle reset icon. The game scatters bots by 5 per squad, and more than 6 squads do not "support", so no more than 30 are needed per team. I play with 56 bots - ok

S
Strelec-zmeya 13.03.21

_Zuko_42_
And I play with 61.)) It's a pity that we won't deal with the balancer. But thanks anyway for the help. ))