3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Igor_Kholupko 13.03.21 12:42 am

Need help with models! (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I am currently creating a mod that adds a set of armor. I took the Wolf armor as a basis and started changing the textures, but in the process I ran into a problem. You can clearly see everything on the screenshot:

Here you can see that the color of the shirt at the bottom has not changed and uses the path to the standard texture, I understand what the problem is, and those who fumble in models and textures will understand when they see these images:

From these screenshots, you can understand that the lower part of the shirt, like the front part of the jacket itself (similar to chain mail), is not contained in this model. Well, I started digging further and came to two files in the .redcloth format (d_04a_mg__wolf_px.redcloth and d_04_mg__wolf_px.redcloth), they were in the same folder with the models. Duck, in them I found the path to the standard texture and I changed it to the one I needed, but the result was such a herobora:

The fact that there is a sin in these files is a fact, the fact is that I edited them using W3Edit, maybe this program is missing something. Therefore, who is well versed in this, please help me. Here is a link to the model files, there is also a .redcloth. If anyone can, help!
8 Comments
Sort by:
g
gmh4589 13.03.21

Igor_Kholupko
If you just want to replace the texture, you don't need to edit the model, you just need to take the made texture and replace the texture in the game with it.

S
Sportklass 13.03.21

there is already a wolf texture

link http://rghost.ru/6KrJHhjms

S
Stribogg 13.03.21

Igoreha, there is hardly anyone to help you here. You need to ask on the 3D modeling forums. By the way, although I have already mastered something in this regard, I will hardly help you here either. The fact is that on the same nexus there are no mods at all with some kind of their own crafts - only retextures and model replacements. And there are still a lot of old modders sitting there.

I
Igor_Kholupko 13.03.21

Sportklass
Thank you, of course, for your answer, but I can do the retexture myself, the problem is to make a new model: I want to make sure that the wolf's armor remains as it was, and the armor I created was its retexture. The main problem is the movable part of the armor (the so-called skirt): I just don't know where it is located, in which file - I don't know

C
CemKey 13.03.21

Is it possible to add your own armor to the game? Ask on the off forum. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/187-Mod-Discussions

T
Talavat 13.03.21

Igor_Kholupko
Listen, do you know the solution to the problem of these vests at the wolf school ..... The problem is that during a strong wind the texture of one vest passes through another. Can you make it so they can't pass through each other?

M
MunchkiN 616 13.03.21

in theory, those should not touch the model itself in the game if you only want to paint the texture.
get a scan of this model if the program sees it and redraw the texture using the old scan then. will put only textures in the game.
and so the situation looks as if another piece of armor is attached.

I
Igor_Kholupko 13.03.21

Talavat
I still haven't solved the problem that caused me to create the forum. Most likely, the model of animated objects is in non-convertible files
Therefore, I cannot do as you suggest
MunchkiN 616
If everything were so simple, I would not ask